St Johnstone 1 Aberdeen 0, Saturday 10th April 2021

I really cant believe that apparently the worst Don's team in a decade have take 10 points from 12 against the most successful side bar celtic in the last 7 years.

Actually I cant believe we actually dropped 2  against them despite 3 of the 4 games being played at the 3 quarters OF dome,still never mind hibs will hibs it anyway.

Again sitting at home watching us not scoring again and not really looking like I remind myself how lucky I am that it’s not cold, there is no biting wind and I don’t have to battle with the car park at the end.
Surely CD must see that this season at home in has been dire stuff and the supporters would have been bored out of there brains.
Why did he not start May and Guy as they looked good last week at Dens?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe you should change away from the shape that has seen us score 1 open play goal at home in 9 months, in a must win game, Callum.  Maybe even bring on a striker who's scored in the past 3 months at the same time.

Just a thought.

One defeat in seven and Saintees calling for their manager’s head.

55 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I disagree with that. This split is a free hit for him. He'll be backed well in the window to give himself a balanced squad.

You have completely misinterpreted my post,very common thing to do .He has his work cut out because.1.We are not a free scoring team.2.So many players out of contract and right now we are far from a balanced squad.

Forgive me but getting that lot sorted and right players in and out while keeping the fans happy would seem like he has his work cut out to me .However seems like a breeze as you put it he will be fully backed mmmm a doddle it is.

4 minutes ago, ken es said:

You have completely misinterpreted my post,very common thing to do .He has his work cut out because.1.We are not a free scoring team.2.So many players out of contract and right now we are far from a balanced squad.

Forgive me but getting that lot sorted and right players in and out while keeping the fans happy would seem like he has his work cut out to me .However seems like a breeze as you put it he will be fully backed mmmm a doddle it is.

Doesn't appear that I've misinterpreted your point at all.

We had a dreadful first 20 minutes, although in fairness Saintees were playing great stuff, knocking the ball  about confidently, but creating very little. Once we stopped playing with all of our players ahead of the back four facing their own goal, we definitely improved a bit. But the change of Hornby for Kamberi really worked for us after the first few minutes of the second half. Really well worked goal, and although we weren’t brilliant by any manner or means, McGinn, Hayes, McCrorie and Ferguson improved second half. Hornby was good although he missed a couple of chances both at the back post. We were a tad lucky when Rooney hit the post, but we had a spell of around six games without scoring and hit the bar or post in all these matches.

I do find the Saintees on here a wee bit amusing at having a real go at their manager just weeks after celebrating their first ever League Cup win and also celebrating getting into the top six three weeks ago.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I do find the Saintees on here a wee bit amusing at having a real go at their manager just weeks after celebrating their first ever League Cup win and also celebrating getting into the top six three weeks ago.

Tbf managers need challenged, as such. The moment you just blindly agree with everything they do, and the whole support is just a succession of nodding dogs, despite the results, you're asking for trouble.

Davidson has done a lot right, and had a great first season, but he has a real blind spot in terms of the set up we played today being an effective attacking one. We're lucky to create one good chance a match with it, and generally rely entirely on just shelling balls into the box/hoping for a deflection for them, which is obviously very little to do with the shape.

The players out of contract are an opportunity though.....Leigh, Devlin, Taylor, Logan. Other than Taylor have offered nothing and that’s a big chunk of change. McGeough will be gone too

5 minutes ago, scottorae said:

The players out of contract are an opportunity though.....Leigh, Devlin, Taylor, Logan. Other than Taylor have offered nothing and that’s a big chunk of change. McGeough will be gone too

Just a wee bit unlucky that his time at Hibs was a few years after Glass left.

32 minutes ago, ken es said:

Mcinnes was in a worse position when he started but he noticed centre midfield with Stephen Hughes and Gavin Rae was a major issue. Glass I hope will see the issues we have and have a look at the team but has a free run at 3rd and also the Scottish cup. 

Edited by betting competition

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just seen a photo of McDiarmid Park from the air and see two pitches behind the East Stand. Have they always been there, or were they put down when the new road was built?

Can't remember exact timings but aye, just really since the new road came in roughly.

Means we can train at McDiarmid, without using either astro or the actual pitch.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I'm only going to tell you this once.

None.

One are the Saints, the other are the Buddies. 

As girlie as it is, it’s definitely the saintees.

I have a couple of good mates who do a fair bit of sponsorship at St Johnstone, and even they call their team the saintees.

33 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We had a dreadful first 20 minutes, although in fairness Saintees were playing great stuff, knocking the ball  about confidently, but creating very little. Once we stopped playing with all of our players ahead of the back four facing their own goal, we definitely improved a bit. But the change of Hornby for Kamberi really worked for us after the first few minutes of the second half. Really well worked goal, and although we weren’t brilliant by any manner or means, McGinn, Hayes, McCrorie and Ferguson improved second half. Hornby was good although he missed a couple of chances both at the back post. We were a tad lucky when Rooney hit the post, but we had a spell of around six games without scoring and hit the bar or post in all these matches.

We’ve scored 8 goals at home all season. Davidson has done a fantastic job but he hasn’t found the solution to that yet. A mix of having an excellent defensive record and a decent away record have spared us from a bit of a struggle this season. 

we need to gain a point on livi prior to the final day and we have games against Celtic and Hibs away and Rangers at home to do it... a really big ask for us now. 

Generally on today’s game, we started well but didn’t ever really look like scoring. I really don’t like the 5-2-3 with the players that we have and hope that the manager either brings in players to play his preferred shape on the summer or he just drops it altogether. We look a completely different side when we play 2 up front. 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't remember exact timings but aye, just really since the new road came in roughly.

Means we can train at McDiarmid, without using either astro or the actual pitch.

Because I always come into McDiarmid at the Newhouse Road entrance and walk round to the North Stand, I never realised these pitches were there, and thought that it was only the astroturf pitches outside the match pitch. Perfect training site.