St Johnstone 1 Aberdeen 0, Saturday 10th April 2021

The fact that Livi have taken an absolute hiding today takes the edge of the disappointment very slightly... they now have no goal difference advantage over us as it stands. 

Really should have taken a point from that. Say what you like about the formation/set up - we had three gilt edged chances and missed them all.

Watched the game and  obviously delighted with the 3points but not a game to remember ,poor from both teams though we probably just about deserved it (only just) for a better second half performance .Bonus for me is our young full backs Mckenzie and Ramsey looked good and surely can only benefit and get better.Glass has his work cut out.coyr

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Best st Johnstone team in generations (ever?), worst Aberdeen team in many years, 3 games in Perth.

10 points from 12....

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

You've got the wrong Saints side, it was St Mirren claiming that about their current squad. Who I've just noticed are heading for a 9th placed finish.

Our 13/14 side would eat this one alive. MacLean dragging Gordon all over the shop, May v Kerr, peak MOH v Booth/Tanser. Kane v Wright/Anderson/Mannus would be genuinely hilarious to witness.

Aberdeen deserved the win, simply because they scored a goal and their manager was bold enough to try and win it by changing it when it wasn't working. 

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Agreed Jamie,Kano scores it changes the whole game,this formation won us a cup 

We've scored one open play goal at home all season playing it.

If we're in "ifs and buts", then this formation sees Hibs score at least one in the first leg of the Semi and we don't benefit from their complete collapse in the second half. We all know Kane will miss sitters, thats the risk the manager takes by picking him.

We'd scored 4 goals in our last 4 home games playing two up front, and a single open play goal with one up front all season, yet he played 90 minutes of the latter today. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The fact that Livi have taken an absolute hiding today takes the edge of the disappointment very slightly... they now have no goal difference advantage over us as it stands. 

Really should have taken a point from that. Say what you like about the formation/set up - we had three gilt edged chances and missed them all.

There was a story today that Livingston do not meet the UEFA registration criteria.

Therefore there's a chance that St Johnstone are already in Europe, provided someone outside the top six doesn't win the Scottish Cup.

24 minutes ago, ken es said:

Watched the game and  obviously delighted with the 3points but not a game to remember ,poor from both teams though we probably just about deserved it (only just) for a better second half performance .Bonus for me is our young full backs Mckenzie and Ramsey looked good and surely can only benefit and get better.Glass has his work cut out.coyr

I disagree with that. This split is a free hit for him. He'll be backed well in the window to give himself a balanced squad.

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Best st Johnstone team in generations (ever?), worst Aberdeen team in many years, 3 games in Perth.

10 points from 12....

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

You’ve managed to make a bit of a clown of yourself and got a little bit confused with St Mirren’s Best Team In Thirty Years™. 

I can only offer my congratulations on winning the ‘ten points from 12 in Perth’ trophy for the 20/21 season though. We will look to bounce back next year.

We never create chances in this set up at home, no idea why but we just don't.
All you need to do to cut us open is have someone between midfield and defence and you drag Gordon halfway up the park, while the other two CBs ignore the space.
I've no idea why he's so obsessed with playing this set up at McDiarmid. 

That’s where Liam Craig was needed. Very much missed today.

3 minutes ago, akuram said:

That’s where Liam Craig was needed. Very much missed today.

Yup. We all, including the manager, discovered this about 5 months ago. 

I'm not sure what he thought would happen today tbh, but he sounds delighted with the performance, so its likely we'll keep on plugging away with it.

I'll be seething if we "rotated" the squad to focus on next weeks Cup match, as Davidson claimed he would do a few days ago, only for said Cup match to get postponed and rearranged because some old c**t is getting buried that day.