CLYDE V FORFAR ATHLETIC

Guest mr_malcolm
This short season thing has something going for it. Every team has something to play for, so plenty odd results yet.
Two 18 game seasons every year now please!

Forfar don’t . We are fucked

Gonna be fairly pissed off with East Fife if they contrive to lose to Forfar this weekend having already lost to Dumbarton and beaten us this month.

Still, as has been said, top half not completely impossible! Mon Clyde!

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Thought we dominated the middle hour of the game and overall restricted Forfar to long range efforts. 

Lang, Otoo and goodie were excellent. Good use of the 5 subs to rotate a bit more and not give as many a full 90. 

Pleasing stuff. 

Split coming up is going to no doubt include peterhead and East fife. Maybe not bad thing their still in about it if we need them to do the business one game v forfar/dumbarton as oppose to going thro the motions if their safe or more n less.

Dumbarton n forfar picked up points at Falkirk and Firhill. Time me done same and we look lot more solid to remain positive

Great 3points

Excellent result and once we got the lead only ever looked like being one winner.

I was highly critical of the signings made but happy to be proven wrong. Nicoll and some of the young lads Otoo, Jamieson and Munro have all performed well.

Our form since the restart has been pretty decent given the busy schedule. 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in the league plus 2 Cup wins. The first game back against East Fife was the only real stinker. We've stopped conceding so many and racked up 4 clean sheets since the restart.

The league is really tight now and crazy to think we are only 5 points off the promotion play offs with a game in hand. Then you have Dumbarton right behind us in the relegation play off.

Easy peasy really. We looked everything from fitter to hungrier to simply better quality wise than Forfar. I share the opinions above: Goodwillie, Lang and Otoo were outstanding. Game winning quality from those three. Good busy shifts from Nicoll, Cuddihy, Munro and Rumsby too.

I wouldn't write Forfar off completely because they've sprung the odd suprise result but I would be very surprised if, in the end, they didn't go down. They've very little spirit about them and they looked even more knackered than we did at Bayview the other week.

Roll on Saturday. I would be hesitant to change the starting XI. Maybe rest Cunningham and Howie for Jamieson and Thomson or at least get some subs on after half-time. Interesting to see how we hold up fitness wise.

Terrible opposition but good to win with a bit of style. 3 really good goals. Good timing of the goals too, one relatively early to settle us down and a couple more either side of the interval to make the majority of the 2nd half a cruise. If I'm being selfish I thought we could've went for a couple more to help the goal difference further but no complaints at all about the evenings work.

The obvious stand outs have been covered but I think Marky Munro deserves a credible mention. Came in at right back and done a very solid if unspectacular job. He's a signing I was unsure about too after completely selling a goal in that Glasgow Cup match.

He has been the bang average full-back we thought we were signing last summer. That said, I'm surprised a team hasn't made more of a concerted effort to attack down his side. Maybe that's why we played Lang on the right?

Great result for ourselves last night. Thought Forfar looked really poor. Done a lot of running but with nothing after that. 3 well worked goals from us and I say it all the time but where would we be without Goodwillie! Otoo was excellent for the 2nd goal to set it up and howie with a great strike for the 3rd.
Could've been better if East fife beat Dumbarton but as long as we keep winning we will be fine.

Think we can swing season long loan got Otoo next year aswell?

45 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Great result for ourselves last night. Thought Forfar looked really poor. Done a lot of running but with nothing after that. 3 well worked goals from us and I say it all the time but where would we be without Goodwillie! Otoo was excellent for the 2nd goal to set it up and howie with a great strike for the 3rd.
Could've been better if East fife beat Dumbarton but as long as we keep winning we will be fine.

Don't see why not. He's not going to be anywhere near Celtics first team. Only thing is they might've seen how good an impact he's made and decide to loan him out to the Championship to test him in a higher league.

46 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Last bit should be action number 1 for the recruitment team.

By the way , what do you call a woman with her head in the oven?

Bridie

The old ones are the best!!!!😅