CLYDE V FORFAR ATHLETIC

1 hour ago, marksteinson said:

Gotta be Fenwick and J Allan up front!

Jordan Allan up front! No chance. He is the best striker at the club but Malcolm refuses to play him (and then wonders why we struggle to score), I'm pretty sure it'll be Fenwick & Jimmy Scott starting on Thursday, with probably Doris coming on for Fenwick in the middle of the 2nd half.

A game we would historically struggle with , but under Danny we have a decent record with the big games . Goody back is a must , where do we play Lang - in defence or up front ?

Would  get Ally benched to make an impact if needed, might even be tempted to put Howie in middle alongside Nicol or Thomson.

Cuddihy was positive when he came on Tuesday- so hopefully the legs are ok and the options we have will get us over line.

Guest bernardblack
18 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

This.

Jordan Allan looks like a finisher, I don't care if he's not the greatest at holding it up, we've other strikers to do that, but Jordan scores goals.

Northcott on the wing and Moore centre mid please

This. 100% this. 

A big game for the midfield as we can't sit back, defend and counter attack as much as we have in the last few games.

Hopefully a strong starting line up with Goodwillie up front, Jamieson playing from wide again, McGlinchey and Cuddihy in midfield and Otoo back to left back.

Will be nervy regardless.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Imagine wanting the two Jordans playing, who would have thought?

Fenwick has shown absolutely nothing in three home matches, Scott offers very little and Doris (still our best striker) is badly out of shape, Shepherd offers nothing so we are left with the two pacy guys to run the Clyde defence ragged.

36 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Fenwick has shown absolutely nothing in three home matches, Scott offers very little and Doris (still our best striker) is badly out of shape, Shepherd offers nothing so we are left with the two pacy guys to run the Clyde defence ragged.

Best of a very poor bunch.

I still have nightmares of a badly out of shape Doris bullying Rumsby all over the pitch at Station Park.

Lang and Howie centre half, Otoo at full back and Cuddihy/McGlinchey/Cunningham in the team. Mitchell in goals, Goodwillie up front and 3 others.

Stephen Doris gave Rumsby and Lang a really hard time in the match at Station Park last February. He used his experience and his weight to hold play really well and he even threw in some clever dummies and blind passes as I remember. One to watch. Allan's struck me as decent too in the past. And Fenwick struck me as being a very good find for Forfar in the circumstances of this season. Although I see their supporters don't fancy him much. The same goes for Scott Shepherd. He has had at least one really good game against us. I remember him giving our defenders a really hard time while playing for Edinburgh, drawing praise from Danny on his movement in the post match interview.

I don't fancy Forfar could outdo us in many areas of the pitch. Got to be gunning for a win obviously. Forfar will be minded the same way of course.

Interesting to see what team we put out.

Guest bernardblack
5 hours ago, tbsouth said:

I’d start Fenwick and Allan every day. 

TEAM v FORFAR ATHLETIC 1. Mitchell 22. Munro 23. Otoo 5. Rumsby 15. Lang 6. Cuddihy 12. Howie 19. Nicoll 9. Goodwillie 14. Cunningham 11. Love SUBS: 21.Wilson, 18.Thomson, 17.McGlinchey, 10.Jamieson, 2.Bain, 4.McNiff, 20.Jack, 8.Lamont, 16.Robertson.

Howie in midfield or Lang and Goodie up top?

3 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

TEAM v FORFAR ATHLETIC 1. Mitchell 22. Munro 23. Otoo 5. Rumsby 15. Lang 6. Cuddihy 12. Howie 19. Nicoll 9. Goodwillie 14. Cunningham 11. Love SUBS: 21.Wilson, 18.Thomson, 17.McGlinchey, 10.Jamieson, 2.Bain, 4.McNiff, 20.Jack, 8.Lamont, 16.Robertson.

Howie in midfield or Lang and Goodie up top?

I sure as hell hope it’s the former. Howie in midfield is a bit stodgy, would’ve preferred McGlinchey and just punt Rumsby to the bench. Jamieson could be a good option in the last half hour.

We’re due a bit of Goodwillie magic, so hopefully it’s tonight.