Dundee FC vs Greenock Morten

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Morton not being a complete and utter shambles was a surprise. Very well organised and drilled. Lacking ambition, certainly, but can't blame them for that. Came for a point, 5 minutes away from getting all 3.

We had zero urgency until we went a goal behind. McPake needs to be pro-active rather than reactive. A striker for a striker x 2 is not the sub to make when we're not even getting a sight of goal.

Yeah, I felt we lost a lot of the pressing once Mullen went off. The game was slowed down by our defence and long balls to nobody.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Yeah, I felt we lost a lot of the pressing once Mullen went off. The game was slowed down by our defence and long balls to nobody.

Most balls up to Sow immediately lead to lost posession  as his touch is so bad. He endlessly looks for lay offs and 1-2s that are never on. 

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tbh, hope Morton go down. Fucking hate playing you p***ks.

That's probably what every other fanbase wants as well, it was hardly Brazil 1970 fayre under our previous two managers either.

The squad deserves a lot of credit though for battling away against the backdrop of a raging binfire behind the scenes, and our attacking options being beyond stinking. This season could quite easily have been a 2013/14 style calamity; after today, I think Ayr might just hilariously bail us out again like in 2009/10 instead. 

Edited by vikingTON

40 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Didn’t watch the game but that’s a fucking shite result. Morton at home ffs.

It was screaming out for Charlie Adam to be on the park from the start of the 2nd half. Fuckwit doesn’t realise this and only puts him on when we go 1 down to bail him out. 

Not sure there was much wrong with what should’ve been the winning goal. Sow just stronger than the 2 centrehalfs in the build up to the goal imo. 

The centrehalf Fjortoft of Morton has played well against us this season. Worth keeping an eye on. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

It was screaming out for Charlie Adam to be on the park from the start of the 2nd half. Fuckwit doesn’t realise this and only puts him on when we go 1 down to bail him out. 

Hell change it for Tuesday to for him in now and we’ll go back to a shitty system that doesn’t work 

14 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

For our 'winner' all I could see was 2 Morton defenders taking themselves out and we scored.  The ref saw something that never happened. 

A bit like your commentator's viewpoint.

I felt your man physically overdid it. Would have like replays from behind the goal or did I miss them?

Where did we get that 6ft 2 inches boy call Strapp today. While the video was very good felt one guy calling McGinty Strapp and continuing to do so after the other clearly knew it was not him funny.

Anyway a good point as Dundee went off the boil mid second half.

off the boil🤣we never got started that was one of the worst games of football ive watched this year..we huffed and puffed without looking like doing anything ...while you lads just never looked like doing anything.both teams probably unhappy at a point but tbh neither deserved any more..infact they should have got 0 points for serving that shite up today.

3 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

off the boil🤣we never got started that was one of the worst games of football ive watched this year..we huffed and puffed without looking like doing anything ...while you lads just never looked like doing anything.both teams probably unhappy at a point but tbh neither deserved any more..infact they should have got 0 points for serving that shite up today.

That's the tear-drenched content we came for.

Aye mate I'm sure well-known football philosopher Gus McPherson is fuming at shitfesting a draw away to a promotion chasing outfit. Not to mention disappointing your viewing experience for the day.

image.png.e5aee5948e1498b557dc56bf769f7761.png

On 08/04/2021 at 15:57, Dundee-FC92 said:

I honestly struggle to take Morten seriously since the 10 -2 match fixing scandal. Wl. Wonder how much Imrie pocketed for that.

Anyway, if it's been rather miserable being a Dee since that promotion christ only knows what it's been like to follow such a heartless and moraless wee club.

Thankfully, this is usually our easiest three points of the season at Dens. Barring a McPake moment of madness in squad choice we'll be winning this and further adding to the Morten relegation cause. I'll be sure to raise a glass to that.

Thank you.

Hmm, don’t think we’ve seen you on the thread since the game.......    I wonder why that is?  😁

And re your Imrie comment - why don’t you go find him and ask him to his face? Despite the pandemic I’m sure they could find a hospital bed for you somewhere.