Dundee FC vs Greenock Morten

On 07/04/2021 at 09:10, Dunning1874 said:

Well, we do actually look like a football team now whereas we weren't even that organised under Hopkin and McElhone. The problem is that we look like a terrible one, and that isn't going to change when you don't have 11 players good enough for the division.

There's really no chance of a result here barring a classic McPake brainfart that sees him change Dundee's team to some unworkable nonsense that hands us the initiative. We'll set up with a back three and attempt to shitfest a 0-0, maybe threaten from set-pieces occasionally, but we'll have centre backs failing to pick anyone up from a cross into the box at some point and that'll be us.

Do you think, provided you stay up, the future looks brighter with MacPherson in charge?

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Are games going ahead as usual this weekend? I remember all the fuss there was with the Belarus game after Diana died, not sure what the protocol is for this kind of thing...

There's people dying every day who haven't had the luxury of life he had.

Get the fucking games on.

Thank you.

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

There's people dying every day who haven't had the luxury of life he had.

Get the fucking games on.

Thank you.

I agree with that sentiment, but know that there will be pressure from other areas to be seen as not disrespecting the Royal Family.

In addition, the week-long social media boycott announced by "Rangers" yesterday, lasted until lunchtime today...

3 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

I agree with that sentiment, but know that there will be pressure from other areas to be seen as not disrespecting the Royal Family.

In addition, the week-long social media boycott announced by "Rangers" yesterday, lasted until lunchtime today...

Boycott my arse.

Thank you.

Are games going ahead as usual this weekend? I remember all the fuss there was with the Belarus game after Diana died, not sure what the protocol is for this kind of thing...

Apparently it’s the ‘Forth Bridge is Down’ protocol. ‘London Bridge is Down’ is the biggie - when Lizzie cops it.

We need another 3+ goal victory today. Start steamrolling dross like Morten. Building the confidence for the play offs.

18 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

I think it's just players and staff. Club accounts will still operate. 

29 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Hopefully someone will have the nuts to take the knee during the minute's silence. Black gloved fist raised deefiantly. 

I was wondering this last night. If there's a minutes silence for Dooky, are they just incorporating the Stand/Knee in to that or are they two separate things for the players? :lol:

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you think, provided you stay up, the future looks brighter with MacPherson in charge?

Jury's out. I'd rather have him building a squad in the summer than Hopkin, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want him doing it. He's been dealt a terrible hand but he's still getting things wrong in how he's setting us up and while we look more organised, results haven't improved.

If we have two meek and comfortable defeats in the next two, which is what you'd realistically expect, it's a big ask to then turn a run of five defeats from six games into winning both of the last two.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Two different TV platforms, eh?

Cunning.

I say this every time Dundee have a home game because it invariably leads to, 'How come I've got the same commentatory on the away stream and why is it buffering?!'

Home and away streams are the exact same thing. Just a quirk of the platform we use.

You'll notice 3 'players' at the bottom of your screen. Use these if you have any buffering issues. Stream 1 tends to be absolutely fine, but there's been a few issues mentioned by away fans. We have 3 different media players and some work better on some devices such as Xbox or whatever than others.

That was a very RandomGuy style post, but clearing it up before people mention it! Sorry to just rant at you Barp.