Dundee FC vs Greenock Morten

Big fixture for both clubs.

I know they got pumped last night, but has there been any sort of resurgence under McPherson? 

Legzdins has now kept more clean sheets in the league than Jack Hamilton this season.

We need to win this to keep the pressure on Raith.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Big fixture for both clubs.

I know they got pumped last night, but has there been any sort of resurgence under McPherson? 

Legzdins has now kept more clean sheets in the league than Jack Hamilton this season.

We need to win this to keep the pressure on Raith.

Well, we do actually look like a football team now whereas we weren't even that organised under Hopkin and McElhone. The problem is that we look like a terrible one, and that isn't going to change when you don't have 11 players good enough for the division.

There's really no chance of a result here barring a classic McPake brainfart that sees him change Dundee's team to some unworkable nonsense that hands us the initiative. We'll set up with a back three and attempt to shitfest a 0-0, maybe threaten from set-pieces occasionally, but we'll have centre backs failing to pick anyone up from a cross into the box at some point and that'll be us.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Trips to Dunfermline and Inverness to come after this, so I think it's absolutely must win for Dundee to have a chance of overtaking Raith.

Absolutely this. An absolute minimum of 5 points from those 9 needed.

I think 11 points from our last 5, including a win over Raith at Dens would probably squeak 2nd place, but yes, ideally you want to be going into the playoffs all guns blazing. Huge end to the season. After Saturday we play the teams currently in 4th, 5th, 2nd, and 6th in the table.

This is our chance to win four consecutive league games for the first time since October 2013, which would be pretty cool ngl. We'll be wearing our "majestic" golden shirts, so here's hoping they're not cursed.

Let's not Dundee this one, lads.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

There's really no chance of a result here barring a classic McPake brainfart that sees him change Dundee's team to some unworkable nonsense that hands us the initiative.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

If McPake could do McPake things, that would be grand.

Unfortunately lads, just like near the end of last season he's found a team which works and when he does that he's loathed to change it for any reason. You'll have to do the work on the pitch.

50 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We'll be wearing our "majestic" golden shirts, so here's hoping they're not cursed.

We're hoping they'll be "fool's gold"........

44 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

If McPake could do McPake things, that would be grand.

.......and that this will happen.......

9 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

A sure a home win as you'll ever see.

.......but in reality this is far more likely.

Looking like we're probably bound for the playoff spot.

McPake (dare I say it) seems to have found his ideal line up. 

However, Morten are fighting for their lives...

We should be able to beat them mind. 

3-1

I honestly struggle to take Morten seriously since the 10 -2 match fixing scandal. Wonder how much Imrie pocketed for that.

Anyway, if it's been rather miserable being a Dee since that promotion christ only knows what it's been like to follow such a heartless and moraless wee club.

Thankfully, this is usually our easiest three points of the season at Dens. Barring a McPake moment of madness in squad choice we'll be winning this and further adding to the Morten relegation cause. I'll be sure to raise a glass to that.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I honestly struggle to take Morten seriously since the 10 -2 match fixing scandal. Wonder how much Imrie pocketed for that.

Anyway, if it's been rather miserable being a Dee since that promotion christ only knows what it's been like to follow such a heartless and moraless wee club.

Thankfully, this is usually our easiest three points of the season at Dens. Barring a McPake moment of madness in squad choice we'll be winning this and further adding to the Morten relegation cause. I'll be sure to raise a glass to that.

Thank you.

TV chef Ainsley Harriott and TV presenter Vanessa Feltz during the Moet &  Chandon London Restaurant Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London  Stock Photo - Alamy

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Wow. That mug’s trying way too hard. 

PS -  Thank you.

58 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Are games going ahead as usual this weekend? I remember all the fuss there was with the Belarus game after Diana died, not sure what the protocol is for this kind of thing...

It fucking better be. Absolute shambles if not.

Guest Flash
59 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Are games going ahead as usual this weekend? I remember all the fuss there was with the Belarus game after Diana died, not sure what the protocol is for this kind of thing...

Should be ok. The cricket went ahead today with a minute’s silence and players wearing black armbands. Plan is for English Premiership to do the same.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56692293