Ayr v Dunfermline. Buzzing.

The masochist in me will be watching largely because the pain of Tuesday night will have dissipated a little bit by then and I still need my regular fix of Ayr United regardless of how bad they are. Ye, I'm an addict but that's what it's like for us fan junkies. I'll never turn my back on my team - shame on those who do. Fight, fight and fight again.  
Aye pretty much this. But f**k paying for a stream that's become shite.

I'll listen to the updates on sportsound, whilst watching my horse fall in the national.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye pretty much this. But f**k paying for a stream that's become shite.

I'll listen to the updates on sportsound, whilst watching my horse fall in the national.

Aye the stream is the clincher for me.  If fans had been allowed I'd still have been there on Saturday, and had a few pints before the game with the folk I usually go with having all got ourselves into the mindset that it's a huge game and we have to get along and support the lads.      Compare that to watching it on the telly or laptop knowing it doesn't make a single bit of difference and knowing that as soon as we go a goal down you might as well flick over to the Liverpool game / soccer Saturday to check the coupon.    

I suppose my general thoughts on this is that if you are fighting for survival, a home game against an out of form Dunfermline has to be seen as winnable. 
But is it winnable for us?  
It is. We've not won away since October.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, Hursty said:
I suppose my general thoughts on this is that if you are fighting for survival, a home game against an out of form Dunfermline has to be seen as winnable. 
But is it winnable for us?  

It is. We've not won away since 10th April 2021.

Don't think I'll bother. Chalk me up as another who would have gone to the game had I been allowed but at least if the game was push I could blether with my mates etc. and it's a day out the house. Ayr will win this with a scrappy goal that goes in off Moffat's arse but which Fon Williams should save.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When the replacement is Lee Robinson I’d say so. 

It's horrific to say, but Robinson was probably the last decent keeper we had. The first 3 or 4 months he was outstanding, including his debut v Falkirk. 

Season after, he turned to shit.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Sinasalo away back to Villa, is that a great loss or?

He's kept us from getting some real do in's this season, he's also been right up there for number of clean sheet and saves. His contribution can't be underestimated in that sense. I'd go as far to say he is maybe even a little ahead of Doohan given the little extras he brings like the quick throw/kicks etc to keep the game moving. Our biggest issue is the fact we can't score, but without a dependable keeper we might even struggle to draw. This season is the gift that just keeps giving for us right now. 

When the replacement is Lee Robinson I’d say so. 

On his day, he was decent. But he’s probably about as likely to get a stupid red card for his constant rage about everyone and everything, as he is to have a good game.

There was no in-between with Robinson, he was either great or horrific. Think when he got dropped for us, he had a really poor save/goal ratio for his last couple of months and quite often did a very theatrical dive after the ball had already passed him. Seemed to care a lot more about looking good as he kicked the ball, than getting the ball to a teammate. Looking good as he kicked the ball was also more important than his positioning/shot-stopping.

Given he hasn’t played in over 2 years, not sure it’s a good signing at all (if true?).

Pulled off some unbelievable saves in his time at EEP but was equally liable to some comical errors. If he worked on the basics rather than his punts up the park, he could have been a quality keeper. Alas, he chucked in far too many easy goals to ever get to a level he probably could have got to. I can't remember if it was against Dumbarton or Brechin, it was one of them awful teams near the bottom in 2017-18, but he pulled off an absolutely insane save to divert it on to the post. There was another ridiculous one in the play-off game at home to Dundee United where he had no right to save a shot from McDonald from close range. Unfortunately for Robertson, I could go on all day about the stupid mistakes he made that cost us to concede daft goals. 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Has Robinson been confirmed? Wasn't as bad as people made out generally tbh, however his save percentage was pretty bad by the end. 

If he had, we all know he would be on this thread defending himself. 

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Sinasalo away back to Villa, is that a great loss or?

He's a wildly better keeper than big slow Urminsky but it doesn't really matter who the goalie is if the outfield players have all given up anyway. 

f**k Knows Who

Houston-Baird-Ndaba-Reading

Muirhead

Murdoch-Miller-Barjonas-Walsh

Wright

Fact we've gone from having far too many attacking players which we couldn't all fit in to the same team to now literally none is some laugh which sums our season up.

That team gives me the fear

Ayr fans seem to be the latest lot who don't seem to getting just how bad we are and think that what us Pars fans are saying must be an exaggeration, or at least appear to think "Aye, they've been shite but will beat US!".

Lads, we are an absolutely honking bag of dog's dicks. You will be surprised at how atrocious we are and we will be surprised at your surprise, as we keep telling you how bad we are.