Ayr v Dunfermline. Buzzing.

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

He has a squad of players whom the majority have given up , got to give him a chance to get his own squad before we slate , he has inherited the poorest strikers in the league , he has only brought in Barjonas ( who looks half decent ) and Todd who was going ok against Dundee before injury 

It’s irrelevant what he’s inherited, he knew what he was coming in to and his first job is to keep us in this league.  If he doesn’t he’ll have failed and it’ll take a lot to get fans back onside. 
We can however win next week. This league is mental and I can see a pressure off Alloa beating Morton in that fixture. 
If we lose next week then I think we’re perhaps done but again who knows what will happen in this league. So far though I’ve not been impressed with Hopkins style of play (apart from Dundee away which was the best performance of the season by some distance)

Both fans were down going into this game and the game well and truly backed up why fans felt those feelings. Two utterly shite teams. 

At least we can still play the sack the manager card in a few weeks. Sooner the better.

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

He has a squad of players whom the majority have given up , got to give him a chance to get his own squad before we slate , he has inherited the poorest strikers in the league , he has only brought in Barjonas ( who looks half decent ) and Todd who was going ok against Dundee before injury 

I tend to agree with this - we have to let him build his own team and then judge him on that. I have had jobs where I inherited a weak team and I would have been upset had I not been given a chance to replace the dead wood.

I would question his judgement in playing a clearly unfit McCowan today though - I am not sure what that would achieve unless he thinks so little of the squad that a 50% McCowan is still better than the alternative. Barjonas I did think had potential - poor decisions about when to pass but at least drove us forward rather than lumping it.

9 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Doolan has more SPL goals than Moore has career league goals. 

Call me old fashioned but surely a striker should predominately be judged about his goals and the level he's scored them at. 

Lol

like saying Craig Beattie or Kevin Kyle is/was better purely based on their past history, Doolan inferior to both at Ayr