RATE MY COMMENTATOR - A THREAD

I haven't seen what Cove's or Peterhead's coverage is like as we haven't played them yet.

In terms of the others, I'd rank as follows:

1. Dumbarton - The best commentary imo but have a slightly worse/ lower camera position than Partick & Clyde, probably just shade it overall though - 8/10

2. Clyde - 8/10 

3. Montrose - 8/10

4. Partick - Some initial teething problems (probably due to sheer volume of NBP) but overall good - 8/10

5. Falkirk - I like our pre match/ half time set up which has the potential to set us apart, but the quality of our commentary team (Sammy aside) leaves a lot to be desired - 7/10

6. East Fife - Could probably give us a run for most biased and over-excited commentary - 6/10

7. Forfar - No commentary & pixellot, which I thought was odd considering there was a manually operated camera on the other side for the highlights  - 5/10

8. Airdrie - Commentary itself was fine, but ahead of the play and the camera couldn't follow the ball in the low sun, worst so far for me and bordering on refund territory - 4/10

I'd also give Arbroath 8/10 for their coverage in the cup which was pretty decent, and their talking up of a pretty mediocre Falkirk performance soothed me somewhat 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Arbroath's Fermer would be a welcome addition to the P&B ranks. Probably the 90 minutes of commentary I've enjoyed most during the PPV era. Least enjoyable was our own Sam McGivern, thought he was trying to hard to prove his fanaticism. Like standing in a pub, next to a cheeks fan during a Firm game.

On 06/04/2021 at 22:44, FFC 1876 said:

I muted the Airdrie commentary due to the fact they are ahead of the game which is an absolute joy kill. Clyde were the same earlier on in the season. The commentators weren't actually to bad except from one of them doing his best darth vader impression throughout the game but i'm guessing that's some sort of medical condition so i'll let him off. 

Tip for only experiencing this in the future. Pause the game and rewind it to 10 seconds back, and this will put the commentary in sync with the play 👌

Don't know if any are wonderful but on Tuesday not only did our man keep calling Cove Peterhead, the camera looked like it had glasses on with one normal vision lens and the other in smoked glass.

I do like commentators who just allocate anyone on the team sheet when they don't know who it is. I also like mis pronouncing players names like McNuff and McGlinchley.

Roll on attending matches in person.

17 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

At East Fife they've been putting a big impetus on trying to make their commentary audio-descriptive for blind and partially sighted supporters. 

Yes, the blind can only be communicated with BY SHOUTING REALLY, REALLY LOUD! Because they're blind you see and therefore cannot hear normal speech. 

58 minutes ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

Yes, the blind can only be communicated with BY SHOUTING REALLY, REALLY LOUD! Because they're blind you see and therefore cannot hear normal speech. 

Dumbarton tops their chat and knowledge was excellent. Cove guys were also good though the camera was attracted to the centre circle v the diamonds. 

Who is the most biased lol.

The streaming service had some crackers fallowing carrier bags, linesmen etc. The diamonds stream v Falkirk the other night was awful sad to say think this influenced the Falkirk managers post match assessment. The chat from the Airdrie commentator at halftime on the old games Falkirk thumping us 8-0 and us pumping them 7-1 brought back memories was a plus ♦️

Edited by Eric the half a b

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Dumbarton tops their chat and knowledge was excellent. Cove guys were also good though the camera was attracted to the centre circle v the diamonds. 

Who is the most biased lol.

The streaming service had some crackers fallowing carrier bags, linesmen etc. The diamonds stream v Falkirk the other night was awful sad to say think this influenced the Falkirk managers post match assessment. The chat from the Airdrie commentator at halftime on the old games Falkirk thumping us 8-0 and us pumping them 7-1 brought back memories was a plus ♦️

I had made a mistake and could not figure out how I had muted the whole sound until i spotted an X! I have memories of that 8-0 in that I think Austin McCann handled the ball in 1 minute, the ball went in the net but the Ref Red carded him and gave the penalty for a long dreadful day. I think I left early. Was that the day some fans walked to Brockville? ( I was lazy and drove) . I was quite youngish  but I did attend the 7-1 game. At least the streaming did not follow a baldy headed linesman or maybe we have not had one. 

On 06/04/2021 at 22:58, oneteaminglasgow said:

Our commentator routinely mixes up players who look absolutely nothing alike, and just generally talks complete shite. So he’s likely to be near the bottom of this list.

I thought it was just me. Awful. Makes old Arthur montford sound like he was on LSD. Wee Chris is pretty decent as a side kick,  calm and knowledgeable but Christ they could do with having a swally pre match to perk them up.

Agree that Dumbarton is good but did at one point refer to a relegation clash in the Montrose game, I know the league is right but surely that wasn’t the case.

Fraserburgh’s possibly the funniest for some of the content, last weekend included a highly enlightening chat about bearded players from bygone years in the highland league 

10 hours ago, banditjag said:

I thought it was just me. Awful. Makes old Arthur montford sound like he was on LSD. Wee Chris is pretty decent as a side kick,  calm and knowledgeable but Christ they could do with having a swally pre match to perk them up.

Yer kidding? Chris could put a sleeping pill into a coma!