Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Glenmavis Diamond

RATE MY COMMENTATOR - A THREAD

Recommended Posts

Would be interesting to see how fans of each team rate the different commentator experience from the games they're buying. 

Not sure if admin can pin this or not to see how people rank different teams commentators but it's fair to say that it varies hugely from one game to the next. A generous 4/10 from me. 

Being an Airdrie fan, I have to say I think our own commentary is pretty chronic and often quite imbalanced, to the point where I've had to mute it at times due save me cringing. 

Best of recent games, I'd have to say Cove Rangers. Whilst I didn't enjoy the result, their commentators were decent and had some good energy about them. A solid 8/10 from me. 

Also, special mention to the Dumbarton commentator who said we've got a cracking strip, possibly the best thing about us this season!

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny you should post this thread now. One of the Clyde commentators is having a nightmare and calling us Peterhead every 5 minutes I kid you not.

To be fair the Clyde commentators apart from this are actually impartial and easy to listen to.

For me Dumbarton hands down the best so far this season. Solid 9/10. Cove is fairly decent even though he's a Raith fan!

Some, like East Fife and others, are diehard fans and I understand they have a bias towards their team. Not a bad thing and wouldn't rate them negatively for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Would be interesting to see how fans of each team rate the different commentator experience from the games they're buying. 

Not sure if admin can pin this or not to see how people rank different teams commentators but it's fair to say that it varies hugely from one game to the next. A generous 4/10 from me. 

Being an Airdrie fan, I have to say I think our own commentary is pretty chronic and often quite imbalanced, to the point where I've had to mute it at times due save me cringing. 

Best of recent games, I'd have to say Cove Rangers. Whilst I didn't enjoy the result, their commentators were decent and had some good energy about them. A solid 8/10 from me. 

Also, special mention to the Dumbarton commentator who said we've got a cracking strip, possibly the best thing about us this season!

Spot on Dumbarton commentators 1st class top of the league..... and we're no ♦️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I muted the Airdrie commentary due to the fact they are ahead of the game which is an absolute joy kill. Clyde were the same earlier on in the season. The commentators weren't actually to bad except from one of them doing his best darth vader impression throughout the game but i'm guessing that's some sort of medical condition so i'll let him off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This thread could really boost my ego. Or put me in a massive huff.

Think it's safe to say you're better than Stefan McCluskey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, David W said:

Think it's safe to say you're better than Stefan McCluskey.

At football or commentary? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our commentator routinely mixes up players who look absolutely nothing alike, and just generally talks complete shite. So he’s likely to be near the bottom of this list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Would be interesting to see how fans of each team rate the different commentator experience from the games they're buying. 

Not sure if admin can pin this or not to see how people rank different teams commentators but it's fair to say that it varies hugely from one game to the next. A generous 4/10 from me. 

Being an Airdrie fan, I have to say I think our own commentary is pretty chronic and often quite imbalanced, to the point where I've had to mute it at times due save me cringing. 

Best of recent games, I'd have to say Cove Rangers. Whilst I didn't enjoy the result, their commentators were decent and had some good energy about them. A solid 8/10 from me. 

Also, special mention to the Dumbarton commentator who said we've got a cracking strip, possibly the best thing about us this season!

I wouldn't say Airdrie commentary was imbalanced, the Werther originals were in their pockets and all it took was for one of our players to be on the ball for them to suggest they were effective and having a great game, the truth was they were honking.

To mention getting pumped from Falkirk albeit to mention Airdrie pumping us shows zero imbalance. The East Fife commentary were over excitable in volume once they had the ball over the halfway line could be the only gripe I've had. The rest seem pretty much balanced. Our own product is imbalanced more when it goes tits up.

The Airdrie product tonight was a poor show, camera all over place, majority of first half a lottery to see, commentary ahead of play which made it move below Partick as a service, no access for 20 odd mins scored them down, commentary fine tho.

I've watched a fair amount of English league two ppv this season, the usual is either over excitable or dull as ditch water.

The standard tho is night and day to what we are serving up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

East Fife is the worst by a mile. Ours isn't eactly great either though. 

The guys at Arbroath in the cup the other week were pretty good.

Forfar not have anything was pretty rubbish. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falkirk were absolutely terrible last night, especially that Brannigan in midfield and James Sneddon between the sticks. Now excuse me while I lean into the microphone and start screaming because an East Fife player has the ball in the Falkirk half and I'm extremely excited and I think I'm going to wet myself.

East Fife. -5/10. Useless p***k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the matter of commentators I give the benefit of the doubt to the Airdrie guys since I know them! The best has been Dumbarton, and I quite liked the professionalism of Cove. Thistle was ok so was the absence of one at Forfar. Peterhead was quite good because I like a "Highland" accent while I got all mixed up with my log in and mucked up Clyde.  Fans as commentators are as fair as you'd expect. As to quality of filming I think Thistle just had it and in general Pixilot has some major faults in panning on the active areas. But at least I get to see games I feel some concern for rather than EPL/CL floodlight games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

On the matter of commentators I give the benefit of the doubt to the Airdrie guys since I know them! The best has been Dumbarton, and I quite liked the professionalism of Cove. Thistle was ok so was the absence of one at Forfar. Peterhead was quite good because I like a "Highland" accent while I got all mixed up with my log in and mucked up Clyde.  Fans as commentators are as fair as you'd expect. As to quality of filming I think Thistle just had it and in general Pixilot has some major faults in panning on the active areas. But at least I get to see games I feel some concern for rather than EPL/CL floodlight games.

Haven`t listened to too many this season but thought the Airdrie commentary was very balanced. I did mute it eventually but only because it was ahead of the play. Very disappointed to hear the keeper had saved the penalty just as Keena had stepped up to hit the ball. Wish the camera work had been up to the same standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At East Fife they've been putting a big impetus on trying to make their commentary audio-descriptive for blind and partially sighted supporters. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Funny you should post this thread now. One of the Clyde commentators is having a nightmare and calling us Peterhead every 5 minutes I kid you not.
To be fair the Clyde commentators apart from this are actually impartial and easy to listen to.
For me Dumbarton hands down the best so far this season. Solid 9/10. Cove is fairly decent even though he's a Raith fan!
Some, like East Fife and others, are diehard fans and I understand they have a bias towards their team. Not a bad thing and wouldn't rate them negatively for that.

I think during our recent game with you, our guy called you Peterhead a few times too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:


I think during our recent game with you, our guy called you Peterhead a few times too.

Happens nearly every away game to be fair! The combination of blue and McAllister and being from up North

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get why it won't ever happen, but the inability of FFC's commentary team just to call out the utter dross being served up irritates me.

During the Dumbarton game last week, they kept saying in the first half things like "oh, Dumbarton are pressing hard and making it difficult for the Bairns but you have to question how long they can keep up such an effort"..... As we passed the ball from left to right and back again without putting them under any pressure whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, joozy said:

I get why it won't ever happen, but the inability of FFC's commentary team just to call out the utter dross being served up irritates me.

During the Dumbarton game last week, they kept saying in the first half things like "oh, Dumbarton are pressing hard and making it difficult for the Bairns but you have to question how long they can keep up such an effort"..... As we passed the ball from left to right and back again without putting them under any pressure whatsoever.

This is the one thing I’ll give our commentary team - they’re more than happy to call out the team when we’re playing badly, which is quite a lot of the time. They don’t tend to mention that individual players are shite, but I can see how that’s different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...