Dumbarton vs Montrose

14 minutes ago, mo83 said:

A take it he is a firm favorite with yourself Moonster?

I reckon he's playing at least 2 levels above where he should be. His touch is terrible, he doesn't score goals, he doesn't hold the ball up, but every now and then he'll try something mental that comes off and people think "there might be a player in there!" but alas, there isn't. 

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I reckon he's playing at least 2 levels above where he should be. His touch is terrible, he doesn't score goals, he doesn't hold the ball up, but every now and then he'll try something mental that comes off and people think "there might be a player in there!" but alas, there isn't. 

I watched the Aberdeen game with a Leeds supporting friend who thought Jones was great...

As for this game, Montrose win to Nil.

Edited by FifeSons

Saturday will have taken a hell of a lot out of an already tired side.

I genuinely don't know what our best 11 is. The back 4 should be relatively straightforward. If Rico is fit then he plays left back. Could Brindley play left midfield given that we've used him as a left back? Stick Omar on the right and go with a 4-4-2? Who do we go with up top? Jones looked a handful on a couple of occasions against Aberdeen but spent much of the game doing very little. It seems harsh to criticise that given that we were always going to have a very limited number of chances, but other games he's been woeful. In a 4-4-2 we could go with Jones and Wilson up front. Possibly the strongest line-up we could field tonight?

I'd like to see us go 4-4-2 if we could. Wouldn't be upset to see Frizzell benched and used as an option later in the game.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Seems about right regards Issac we had a couple decent games from him & that was it.

The other thing was without trying to stir anything up seem to remember there being a passing of the ways with your groundsman a while back, noticed with the higher camera or whatever on saturday the grass beyond the far side line looked as if it had been done by a drunk, does not affect the playing surface but looked very untidy

To be honest that's what he was like for us first time around. A few barnstorming performances, a few months of nothing, then some barnstorming performances again. It's just the kind of player he is I reckon, and he'd probably admit that himself.

Was the dodgy linework down by the standside corner of the Leven end by chance? The pitch dips massively there so that could've caused it.

1 hour ago, broomiesniper said:

I mean there was a period when no highlights of any games were available 

They've always been available to ST holders via Pixellot, and Jan Jr getting a new laptop meant that we've been able to stick them up on YouTube too. That's the only reasoning there.

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

To be honest that's what he was like for us first time around. A few barnstorming performances, a few months of nothing, then some barnstorming performances again. It's just the kind of player he is I reckon, and he'd probably admit that himself.

Was the dodgy linework down by the standside corner of the Leven end by chance? The pitch dips massively there so that could've caused it.

They've always been available to ST holders via Pixellot, and Jan Jr getting a new laptop meant that we've been able to stick them up on YouTube too. That's the only reasoning there.

The pitch at the dugout side doesnt have a wooden border like the main stand side does. Its all over the shop down that side rather than being straight and tidy.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It seemed to be the whole length of the far side away from the stand, there is a decent bit of grass outside the touchline but the edge beyond that was what i meant, for the sake of getting a line and edging it which would look much better, as mentioned it does not affect the playing surface but does not look very professional for a football club.

19 minutes ago, peternapper said:

It seemed to be the whole length of the far side away from the stand, there is a decent bit of grass outside the touchline but the edge beyond that was what i meant, for the sake of getting a line and edging it which would look much better, as mentioned it does not affect the playing surface but does not look very professional for a football club.

Believe me Peter, if that was all that we had to worry about as supporters of this football club we'd be laughing all the way to Balmoor 😉

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

From speaking to him last week, Isaac is seriously cautious when it comes to injuries after he did his cruciate a few years ago. As soon as he feels anything isn't right he basically won't take the risk.

Highlights, 360 highlights and the Goal Cam are all on the YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuq2uKRWFNt5rnJ7s_Iu3xA/videos

Not sure what you mean about a video blackout? As pointed out above we've streamed every game live this season - and I've got the notes to prove it ;) 

Tonight's game can be purchased here - clicky. 12 quid for a guaranteed 1-0 away win. What's not to like?

Hope he's on a pay as you play deal.