Queens v Inverness

I thought the referee could easily have given Sutherland the benefit of the doubt there and he may well have had a goal scoring opportunity. Instead he gave a free kick in favour of the defender and the last chance was gone.

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

I thought the referee could easily have given Sutherland the benefit of the doubt there and he may well have had a goal scoring opportunity. Instead he gave a free kick in favour of the defender and the last chance was gone.

Shame 

By benefit of the doubt do you mean letting him off with a foul?

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
35 minutes ago, sophia said:

By benefit of the doubt do you mean letting him off with a foul?

Ach, I was just obtusely making the point that it is fruitless to whinge about refereeing decisions as it seemed to me to be a theme in this thread.

Definite denial of a gso though!

To score a really good goal then switch off straight after and  lose a poor goal is frustrating .

When we played it on the ground we looked decent but far too many high balls to nobody why can't we pass it through midfield draw was about right for the game 

30 minutes ago, sophia said:

Ach, I was just obtusely making the point that it is fruitless to whinge about refereeing decisions as it seemed to me to be a theme in this thread.

A couple of rumours flying around about the ref;

1 - He got a lift to the game on the Caley Directors bus.

2 - His ex wife was from Dumfries and she ripped him off and left him penniless.

3 - He hates Sandy Jardine.

Runours which might suit the Queens fans.

It was a game that .........if we couldn’t win it don’t lose it. A shocking goal to lose in so many ways - teams always vulnerable after they have scored but this trend of losing scrappy goals from crosses continues and it is so disappointing. If someone fires a worldly into the top corner fair enough but that was another shocker just as Hibs’ first goal was on Monday.

That apart I thought Buchanan and Breen played well but for me Ayo was poor today. Looked lost as he did against Hibs. Hopefully it is a temporary blip as he has been a very good signing.When you play someone in that role it means that you are a body short further up the park and Shields was really ploughing a lone furrow. Thought Dickson put in a tremendous shift - gave the ball away a few times when in good position but overall he didn’t do badly.

Really need a win on Tuesday and we may have to shuffle the pack to get it.

It's annoying that we couldn't maintain a lead for any time, because a win would have been massive.

A draw sounds fair though and it's not a bad result given ICT's form.  It keeps us just in touch which I think I'd have taken beforehand.  We need wins now though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

A couple of rumours flying around about the ref;
1 - He got a lift to the game on the Caley Directors bus.
2 - His ex wife was from Dumfries and she ripped him off and left him penniless.
3 - He hates Sandy Jardine.
Runours which might suit the Queens fans.
I don't think there has been any kind of overreaction in regards to the referee performance tbh. He was pretty poor. The number of fouls he gave against our players for good tackles was absolutely incredible. About 3 of them were in almost the same spot. I was beginning to wonder if he had an Allan FK on his bookie line. He missed a couple of easy calls right in front of him as well - one a blatantly obvious hand ball and another he managed to miss the ball clearly hitting Todorov for a QoS corner but gives a goal kick.

There was more than one FK given to us that was a head scratching decision as well. He was poor all round but most of his poor decisions happened to go in ICT's favour. Thankfully there weren't any major incidents in the game as I'm certain he's have made a complete arse of them for whichever side.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think there has been any kind of overreaction in regards to the referee performance tbh. He was pretty poor. The number of fouls he gave against our players for good tackles was absolutely incredible. About 3 of them were in almost the same spot. I was beginning to wonder if he had an Allan FK on his bookie line. He missed a couple of easy calls right in front of him as well - one a blatantly obvious hand ball and another he managed to miss the ball clearly hitting Todorov for a QoS corner but gives a goal kick.

There was more than one FK given to us that was a head scratching decision as well. He was poor all round but most of his poor decisions happened to go in ICT's favour. Thankfully there weren't any major incidents in the game as I'm certain he's have made a complete arse of them for whichever side.

I thought it was a pretty clear foul on Dickson just before the ball went wide for ICTs goal.

Frustrating not to win after going ahead but Im not sure either side did enough to deserve to win, or lose, so a draw was pretty fair overall.

I thought it was a pretty clear foul on Dickson just before the ball went wide for ICTs goal.
Frustrating not to win after going ahead but Im not sure either side did enough to deserve to win, or lose, so a draw was pretty fair overall.
I know he was down and the commentary team mentioned it but I must have looked away as I never saw it. I imagine it'll be in the highlights. Given how he was it wouldn't shock me if it was indeed a foul.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I know he was down and the commentary team mentioned it but I must have looked away as I never saw it. I imagine it'll be in the highlights. Given how he was it wouldn't shock me if it was indeed a foul.

Possibly not the easiest to see but Dickson gets to the ball first. 99 times out of 100 this is a free kick

image.png.4f6dba4e872ab404880281081937cf6c.png

Agree with the comment about Ayo. He had a poor game against Hibs and as was said in the commentary, today he looked like a defender playing as a midfielder. He’s been superb this season, but I’d be tempted to drop him for Pybus if he’s fit based on that form. 

Draw was a fair result, but can’t help feel it was an opportunity missed. I would’ve liked Johnston to roll the dice a bit and push for a winner the last 10 minutes or so. Dickson especially was out on his feet. I would’ve liked to have seen Dobbie or McKee at some point - we had a really strong bench but made one sub. 

I wasn’t particularly shouting for it at the time, but that looks a foul on Dickson. Referee was absolutely shite. 

Two very evenly matched teams on show today.   We had to battle hard to get our noses in front, just a shame we let Caley back into it so quickly.

Dickson was impressive today and was always in their faces until he clearly ran out of steam and should have been subbed.  Buchanan also looked solid, he looks a much better player with Breen alongside him as opposed to when he's paired with Ayo.  Shields ran his socks off again but we really need to get bodies upfield quicker to offer him  support.  A really good goal from Fitzpatrick, but aside scoring he did nothing else and more often than not gave away possession, so hopefully Jones can last the 90 against Raith.

Agree with the comment about Ayo. He had a poor game against Hibs and as was said in the commentary, today he looked like a defender playing as a midfielder. He’s been superb this season, but I’d be tempted to drop him for Pybus if he’s fit based on that form. 

Draw was a fair result, but can’t help feel it was an opportunity missed. I would’ve liked Johnston to roll the dice a bit and push for a winner the last 10 minutes or so. Dickson especially was out on his feet. I would’ve liked to have seen Dobbie or McKee at some point - we had a really strong bench but made one sub. 

I wasn’t particularly shouting for it at the time, but that looks a foul on Dickson. Referee was absolutely shite. 

Him and shields heads are gone just going through the motions until there big money moves next season