Queens v Inverness

I haven’t looked at the Head to Head stats for QOS:Caley but I cant remember us winning too often at home against them. Under GN we actually squandered a 3 goal lead with not long to go and as I remember we almost lost the match 3-4 at the death.

Caley look to have had a new lease of life under Neil McCann and are certainly to be feared on current form. Some tough selection and formation decisions for AJ. The back 3 that worked well at Tynecastle got a real chasing against Hibs with gaping holes appearing in central defence all over the place. Arguably Ayo has been more effective as a defensive midfielder than he has been at CB - will we revert to back 4 with Ayo protecting?

Will we start Joe McKee and/or Dan Pybus? McKee definitely offers a lot on the ball but he doesn’t perform well “off the ball”. Not sure how fit Pybus is?

Plenty of endeavour from the likes of Joseph, Dickson, East and McGrory but they don’t offer much in a creative or goal scoring sense. Jones will surely start and then we have the dilemma of “do we start Dobbie”. Not a single league goal from him in open play but signs are that he can link up well with Shields.

Manager has no shortage of options (for once) and some genuine competition for places.

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Queen of the South.

As an aside, George Galloway was the year below my dad at school and said Galloway was, and I quote, a 'fucking arsehole'.

3 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

There's no such team as Caley, I know one or two ICT fans like to refer to the team as The Caley but Inverness Caledonian ceased to exist some 25 years ago. Your opponents in this match are ICT, Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Interesting.  

Queens 2 Caley 2 I reckon.

AJ to earn his wages this week big decisions on the starting 11 in the biggest game of the season so far and the squad is almost at full strength (Pybus?).

Will he return to the formation & players that gave the club a chance of a top 4 finish? This will mean reinstating East who has missed out the last few games and starting Jones out wide with Obileye sitting just in front of the back 4, think to allow this Dobbie has to to drop to the bench. 

On 05/04/2021 at 22:51, Northfield 53 said:

As always a very difficult game Inverness are now on top form very impressive against County in the Cup .

We have to lift ourselves after our Cup defeat hopefully we will only be missing Dapo should have Pybus back.

It is a difficult game. That said I'd imagine ICT viewing it as a tricky test too.

And the award of Most Pointless Post goes to:-

There's no such team as Caley, I know one or two ICT fans like to refer to the team as The Caley but Inverness Caledonian ceased to exist some 25 years ago. Your opponents in this match are ICT, Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

7 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

^ still hurting from his Friday night thrashing.

38 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

^ still hurting from his Friday night thrashing.

Not to mention they're favourite football team getting soundly beaten 

The footage of the denouement remains available on the BBC iPlayer and the evening's highlight arrived at and shortly after 30 minutes and 40 seconds.

Neil McCann can be clearly mouthing the word "nutmeg" and what follows immediately afterwards is a thing of rare beauty. 

7 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Will he return to the formation & players that gave the club a chance of a top 4 finish? This will mean reinstating East who has missed out the last few games and starting Jones out wide with Obileye sitting just in front of the back 4, think to allow this Dobbie has to to drop to the bench. 

This, I hope.  

This is probably our biggest game in the run-in. We’ve one 6 in a row but I’m not sure I can say we have actually played that well in them, I didn’t watch our games against Raith or Buckie so I could be wrong in those ones. We seem to be doing just enough to get the win which is fine by me.

If we can win this one then we have two home games left, which I’d fancy our chances in, and one away to Hearts where they will hopefully have nothing to play for.

Morton and Queens were my biggest worries before this week and our finishing was great last night and we had a terrific 20 minute spell in the first half where Allan ran the show. He will be massive for us for the rest of the season, obviously, and if he can stay fit I fancy our chances against anyone.

This is probably our biggest game in the run-in. We’ve one 6 in a row but I’m not sure I can say we have actually played that well in them, I didn’t watch our games against Raith or Buckie so I could be wrong in those ones. We seem to be doing just enough to get the win which is fine by me.
If we can win this one then we have two home games left, which I’d fancy our chances in, and one away to Hearts where they will hopefully have nothing to play for.
Morton and Queens were my biggest worries before this week and our finishing was great last night and we had a terrific 20 minute spell in the first half where Allan ran the show. He will be massive for us for the rest of the season, obviously, and if he can stay fit I fancy our chances against anyone.

Scott Allan is my fear

I hope the A9 is fine for travelling down tomorrow.  Higher ground in Inverness is getting a covering just now and Slocht and Drumochter will be getting a battering.

On 07/04/2021 at 09:12, frankthetank22 said:

ICT is one of the half dozen grounds I've still to visit following QOS.  I did get to an Inverness Thistle (ie in the days before ICT) game back in the 80's though.  I'd been up in Aviemore for a few days skiing with some mates but the skiing was off due to lack of snow.  We heard there was a Scottish Cup tie down the road in Inverness (Thistle v Killie) so we decided to take in the game.  Was one of those funny/tragic days at the fitba - Killie were dreadful and got well and truly gubbed 2-0 or 3-0 by non-league Thistle.  As a neutral it was quite funny to watch.  There were a few hundred Killie up at the match and they were seriously pissed off at the performance, gave the team dogs abuse and half of them chucked their scarves onto the pitch at the end.  Actually felt sorry for them, knowing what its like to face a miserable 4 or 5 hour trip home after your team's been utterly rank.