1 hour ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I for one am all for this surprising development. I'm too young to help (otherwise I would). I had no idea there was some kind of supporters' link between Morton and Reggiana.

Edited by Jamie_M

On 06/04/2021 at 08:15, paranoid android said:

I've driven through Greenock a couple of times, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the architecture. :unsure2:

The drive through Greenock West and into Gourock reminds me in architectural style of the drive through Newington, South Clerk Street and out to Cameron Toll (minus the river views).

8 hours ago, Peedzy said:

The drive through Greenock West and into Gourock reminds me in architectural style of the drive through Newington, South Clerk Street and out to Cameron Toll (minus the river views).

We are way too dismissive of our large post industrial towns in Scotland. They have a significant cultural and historical footprint in a relatively small country. I'll even be brave and say that I think Paisley is a fascinating and pretty important place.

On 05/04/2021 at 21:48, scottishcorner said:

I have find the season 1979-80 the Morton last qualifcation the Uefa Cup the last day? 0-0 draw Dundee United?

Where possibile find the programme (i thinks ebay) the local news? Do you have the archive online?

Thanks? 

I write from Italy 

Can't find that programme for our last game.  Have the Hal Stewart game programme on the Sunday but no mention of our last game.

Could sent you a couple of spare programmes from that season including Dundee Unt for 2 Feb 1980 which was postponed.

Most likely they sold the postponed game programmes at the rearranged game.

Also have Hibs game of 26 April 1980.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Error

On 06/04/2021 at 09:03, G51 said:

They drink tins of Super in Italy. It’s a weird place.

Whereas they drink El Dorado tonic wine on the Clyde Riviera. It's a cultural exchange for the ages. 

13 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

We are way too dismissive of our large post industrial towns in Scotland. They have a significant cultural and historical footprint in a relatively small country. I'll even be brave and say that I think Paisley is a fascinating and pretty important place.

thats-plenty-792059.png.a81100a6df1a007c5e8f64369776d9fd.png

The west end of Greenock is full of luxurious villas, sprawling boulevards and magnificent fjord-like scenery. 

The west end of Paisley is needle-ridden Ferguslie Park.

These are facts.

1907618133_images(10).jpeg.af69c46ed4e460f58a2d2cf7f4ab2495.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, virginton said:

The west end of Greenock is full of luxurious villas, sprawling boulevards and magnificent fjord-like scenery. 

I was just discussing this with a friend at the weekend who was enjoying the sunshine and said scenes while his daughter played with her pals at Battery Park.

A greenie for 'magnificent fjord like scenery' - I'll be stealing that one 😂 . The long summer evenings last year were quite something. 

4 hours ago, Girth said:

fish bass GIF

^^^ losing the plaice.

(yes, yes, I know it isn’t - don’t carp on and on about it - it’s a bit of cod psychology. Or maybe I’m just fishing).

^^^ floundering for relevance. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

10 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Can't find that programme for our last game.  Have the Hal Stewart game programme on the Sunday but no mention of our last game.

Could sent you a couple of spare programmes from that season including Dundee Unt for 2 Feb 1980 which was postponed.

Most likely they sold the postponed game programmes at the rearranged game.

Also have Hibs game of 26 April 1980.

If you have any programme for me is ok 

On 08/04/2021 at 16:05, Malcolm Malcolm said:

A greenie for 'magnificent fjord like scenery' - I'll be stealing that one 😂 . The long summer evenings last year were quite something. 

Yeah, I've always loved a drive west through Greenock to Gourock, cracking scenery especially with the setting sun on a summer's evening.  Been up to Lyle Hill (I think) a couple of times too - isn't that the park where there is a "Cross of Lorraine" erected to the Free French during the war or something like that?  Great views from up there.  Never thought of "fjord like" but its not a bad description.

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, I've always loved a drive west through Greenock to Gourock, cracking scenery especially with the setting sun on a summer's evening.  Been up to Lyle Hill (I think) a couple of times too - isn't that the park where there is a "Cross of Lorraine" erected to the Free French during the war or something like that?  Great views from up there.  Never thought of "fjord like" but its not a bad description.

Yeah, the story of the French warship is pretty sad. There's a decent novel about it by Neal Ascherson called The Death of the Fronsac. I don't think I've ever seen the front of Gourock (and Dunoon) in my lifetime quite like it was last summer. We could do with being better custodians of a lot of places in Scotland.

12 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Yeah, the story of the French warship is pretty sad. There's a decent novel about it by Neal Ascherson called The Death of the Fronsac. I don't think I've ever seen the front of Gourock (and Dunoon) in my lifetime quite like it was last summer. We could do with being better custodians of a lot of places in Scotland.

Cheers for the info MM, might give the book a check out.  There's nothing to beat a view with mountains and sea/sea lochs in my opinion and we're pretty spoiled for that in Scotland.

On 10/04/2021 at 07:27, San Starko Rover said:

Needs to be titled “A Great Feeling at Cappielow” in homage to that thread.

Sounds like The Sun’s title for coverage of a trial about public lewdness.

Edited by TxRover