Mini Ovens

I  live on my own. 

The other day, in one of my exercises to reduce electricity costs,
I surveyed the vast expanse of the oven in my cooker.  Nothing fancy, just your basic
cooker, 4 hobs on the top, oven underneath.   And wondered if converting to regular use of a mini oven was worth it,
rather than all the electric juice required to get the cooker oven up to temperature, and do the cooking.

I do have a very  old, rusty inside, inherited mini oven/grill that I've never used for anything other than doing cheese on toast.

What advice do you have about using a mini oven on a regular basis

Also any recommendations, experiences,  about specific models.

My criteria are...

1. That it must have a convection fan mode.
2. Must be able to reach 230 degrees.
3. Must have some kind of alert, bell or indicator light to say when the set temperature has been reached,
and its time to put the food in.
4. Somewhere around 15 to 20 Litres capacity.

And more  interested in the quality of manufacture than how many gizmos it has.

10 hours ago, beefybake said:
I  live on my own. 

The other day, in one of my exercises to reduce electricity costs,
I surveyed the vast expanse of the oven in my cooker.  Nothing fancy, just your basic
cooker, 4 hobs on the top, oven underneath.   And wondered if converting to regular use of a mini oven was worth it,
rather than all the electric juice required to get the cooker oven up to temperature, and do the cooking.

I do have a very  old, rusty inside, inherited mini oven/grill that I've never used for anything other than doing cheese on toast.

What advice do you have about using a mini oven on a regular basis

Also any recommendations, experiences,  about specific models.

My criteria are...

1. That it must have a convection fan mode.
2. Must be able to reach 230 degrees.
3. Must have some kind of alert, bell or indicator light to say when the set temperature has been reached,
and its time to put the food in.
4. Somewhere around 15 to 20 Litres capacity.

And more  interested in the quality of manufacture than how many gizmos it has.

They're what many in parts of SE Asia have as the default.  In all our 10 years in Hong Kong we never had a place with an oven so relied on the "toaster" oven.  We have an oven here in the Philippines but still use a toaster oven as it's often faster and more convenient - probably cheaper too.  We have a 15L Imarflex one - does what you are looking for (except convection).  Cheap as chips though, only about 65 quid but they only last a couple of years before needing replaced but hey ho.  Only 3 functions timer, heat and choice of one element.  No convection so you'd need to add a hundred quid if you need that.