Elgin City v Stranraer

Don’t know if this one will beat the weather. Brutal journey up the A9 in this weather for Stranraer and a few of our players. Worse having made the journey to Brora on Saturday. You would think this would give City an advantage but these things sometimes galvanise a team. Don’t know if Stranraer would want this cancelled or not given their ongoing participation in the Scottish Cup. Maybe better to just get it played? 
There is nothing between the teams so any result possible. Hopefully we can keep the fluency going forward that we showed in spells on Saturday. Big game for both as they try to cement their position in the top 4.

Stranraer definitely don’t want this postponed. Hopefully the A9 will be passable and ECFC can keep the pitch playable. Big game for both clubs.
Aye we’ve been to Brora and now Elgin in the space of a few days but that’s just the way the fixtures roll. You won’t ever hear Stranraer complaining about travel we’re well used to it.

That'll be at least three games I can think of this season that have been played in stormy conditions if the forecast is accurate. I didn't see the game at the weekend but I thought McEwan was due a spell out the team and Dingwall finally looked useful playing off the striker against Brechin so would expect a similar team again. McEwan was my favourite player to watch last season and I thought performed really well in a variety of positions but unfortunately this year he's not replicated that at all for me.

As Clayhole Blue says four huge games for us. 

Games quickly running out so every point a prisoner. Think seven points from the next three games would be a great return. 

Expect a few changes tonight. Would like to see Hilton and Yates come in. Both direct and see to offer a bit more spark going forward.

Kick off delayed until 7.30pm, Stranraer are late in arriving due to a road collision. Bitterly cold evening in Elgin, frequent snow showers all day, pitch will be fine but wind might spoil the match as a spectacle.

Edited by starryfish

First of all I think that's the most enjoyable City game I've watched this season. Plenty chances at both ends, it really could've been 4-3 either way. Russell Dingwall was superb I thought and Spark continues to put in great captain's performances. Results elsewhere went our way and all of a sudden we've got to be pretty happy with things which shows how quickly things can change given last Tuesday at half 8 we were starting to get a bit concerned.

Good win and battling performance. Enjoyable in that it was end to end but not a lot of quality on show, which could largely be put down to the wind. Stranraer looked sharp going forwards and will feel aggrieved that they did not take something from the game that they probably deserved. As for Elgin if we can that work rate going a play off place is a distinct possibility.

15 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Only takes 5 minutes to appear in court?

Most organisations would suspend employees with pay if they were accused of an offence of dishonesty until the outcome was known, particularly if the alleged offence was directly related to the employer’s business.

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Most organisations would suspend employees with pay if they were accused of an offence of dishonesty until the outcome was known, particularly if the alleged offence was directly related to the employer’s business.

What about supporting your employee, innocent until proved guilty etc. If that was the case he would have been suspended since August 2019.  
Hasn't stopped several higher league clubs enquiring about his availability?

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

What about supporting your employee, innocent until proved guilty etc. If that was the case he would have been suspended since August 2019.  
Hasn't stopped several higher league clubs enquiring about his availability?

Football all over. Teams far too ready to apply lower standards than any other sector of the economy if this means better delivery on the pitch.