9 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Hope we bin this one in favour of fresh legs for Thursday  

Play the kids and fringe players.

Yeah. Special formation for this one. 10 in defence. Lump every ball out. Hope QP don't have their shooting boots on.

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yeah. Special formation for this one. 10 in defence. Lump every ball out. Hope QP don't have their shooting boots on.

We have brought back Craig Levein for this one to resurrect the 4-6-0 tactic that served Scotland so well.

Hopefully Stenny do us a favour tonight against Brechin. Stenny's season is more or less over unless they probably win every game left. They probably just need one more effort to definitely keep them away from the bottom spot before they relax against us later in the week.

They were well organised in the first half and we found it tough to break them down and only did so with a bit of class from Quitongo. A mixture of us improving and them tiring saw a second half of total domination and some really nice stuff. A number of really good performances. Baynham getting on the scoresheet, Gillespie doing the unsung work really well, Quitongo scoring a great goal and then setting another up, Doyle with the same high standard as he gives in every game. Really pleased with that and, once again, the only complaint is that we didn't score more.

Edited by an86

Another agonising watch for me tonight and I'm sure other fans are as bitterly disappointed and frustrated. 

Where is our threat going forward these days ? Renton is great at holding the ball up, great physical presence but as a forward/striker I want to see goal threat in my team, shots attempted and goals being scored by forwards. 

The qp commentaries flattered us by saying how organised we looked tonight but sorry getting beat three nil and posing no threat at goal, if that's organisation that counts for nothing by getting beat three nil and scoring nothing as we are now pulled into another battle of survival. It could have been a lot more if it wasn't for the good performance from Hogarth 

To be fair though the intensity of the fixtures will not be helping us nor has the unprecedented nature of this season probably helped us however we really need to step it up as our next game is crucial and in my opinion a must win that will immensely help get ahead from bottom. 

All the best to qp for the rest of their season and thanks to their coverage of the game 

Edited by Cowden316

I took in this game this evening with one eye on Stenhousemuir's upcoming fixtures on Thursday and Saturday against either side.

That was a very impressive performance from Queen's Park. Say what you like about Mr Raymond McKinnon and this rag-tag gang of jobbers but: they can play. While Cowdenbeath did reasonably well to contain them during the first half, only going down to a superb strike from Jai Quitongo, QP ran over the top of them in the second half and could have scored five or six. Only a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing kept the scoreline respectable. There's quality all over the pitch and almost every player is too good for League 2. They'll certainly hold their own next season in the third tier.

I'm not sure what to make of Cowden - that probably wasn't the best game to judge them because they spent most of the game inside their own half. Kris Renton looked alright whenever the odd long ball was fired up to him, Harvey Swann occasionally put in some nice touches and Graham Taylor went on one run that caught the eye. I don't think there's much for Stenny to worry about on Thursday but, then again, this is a poor Stenny side and Cowden should be looking to beat them.

41 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I took in this game this evening with one eye on Stenhousemuir's upcoming fixtures on Thursday and Saturday against either side.

That was a very impressive performance from Queen's Park. Say what you like about Mr Raymond McKinnon and this rag-tag gang of jobbers but: they can play. While Cowdenbeath did reasonably well to contain them during the first half, only going down to a superb strike from Jai Quitongo, QP ran over the top of them in the second half and could have scored five or six. Only a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing kept the scoreline respectable. There's quality all over the pitch and almost every player is too good for League 2. They'll certainly hold their own next season in the third tier.

I'm not sure what to make of Cowden - that probably wasn't the best game to judge them because they spent most of the game inside their own half. Kris Renton looked alright whenever the odd long ball was fired up to him, Harvey Swann occasionally put in some nice touches and Graham Taylor went on one run that caught the eye. I don't think there's much for Stenny to worry about on Thursday but, then again, this is a poor Stenny side and Cowden should be looking to beat them.

Don’t you mean Harvest Swann ?

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we took anything against Stenhousemuir after watching our last two performances. Obviously we were going to lose tonight and I’d expected a worse beating. 
It seems like an age since we were fighting Stenny for promotion and the tides of time and change are turning against us. If we end up in the relegation play off this season we will be gone. We have come back from near death before so who knows. 

4 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we took anything against Stenhousemuir after watching our last two performances. Obviously we were going to lose tonight and I’d expected a worse beating. 
It seems like an age since we were fighting Stenny for promotion and the tides of time and change are turning against us. If we end up in the relegation play off this season we will be gone. We have come back from near death before so who knows. 

That would be a shame if, as you say, you will be gone. 

I thought we played well. Cowden held their own until maybe the 60th minute, then really ceased to be a threat, probabky a combination of tired legs and our squad rotation. Common theme of teams setting up overwhelmingly defensively against us: with maybe the Edinburgh City draw and Stenhousemuir draw the exceptions, interesting that we didnt cope well when teams were attack-minded.

As ever, impressed by Doyle, Quitongo, Connell and Gillespie, delighted to see Will Baynham get his goal, and he probably should have had a couple more.

Brings me onto our finishing though, Hogarth had a few excellent saves right enough, but we really need to learn to be Ruthless and bury these chances: it's been the story of our season.

Keep grinding out wins though and the League is ours! I'm certainly not worried!

3 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

with maybe the Edinburgh City draw and Stenhousemuir draw the exceptions, interesting that we didnt cope well when teams were attack-minded.

We beat Stennie 3-1 but we were drawing with a few minutes to go. I was actually impressed with us in that game with how we coped after going behind. We kept striving for the winner late on and got our reward. I agree about the Edinburgh game, we were pish first half and should have been more than one down. We only turned that around due to the performance of half time sub Longridge. I think we were very grateful for the point that day, even if we did lose a late equaliser. Three of the five league goals conceded this season came in that game so that tells a story.

As for last night, I thought we were bang average first half but excellent in the second half. Quitingo is quality and has to start every game imo. Defences hate his speed. Second half Baynham looked the business. Aye he should have got a hat trick - keeper did well - but it was refreshing to see a striker make good runs, get on the end of passes /crosses and work the keeper.

Connell was great against Stranraer and Rovers but I thought he was quiet by his standards against Stirling and fairly pedestrian last night. We upped the pace and were far more direct second half after he had gone off. Strange one. Lyon did well. Didn't rate him at all earlier in the season but he's really improved since the re-start so fair play to him.   

40 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Lyon did well. Didn't rate him at all earlier in the season but he's really improved since the re-start so fair play to him.   

Me neither, but I think he is a quality player and has been really effective after his initial appearances. Great positioning, and one of our top goal scorers!

Edited by Velvet Donkey

I've also been impressed with Lyon in recent weeks. He's got a knack for arriving in the box at the right time. He's crafty on the ball too. The defensive is just far too solid. I think we've had 11 shutouts in 14 games. Ridiculous!  I'm not sure I'm on board with the Paterson hype.  Nothing wrong with the lad but he isn't linking up and bombing down the line like Robson before his injury. I think it's more harsh than fair keeping Paterson in for the remainder of the season. 

Very chuffed for Bayhnam getting minutes and his goal. He looked dangerous all game. Another day and it could have been 2 or 3. Quitongo is a little frightening when he drops the shoulders and shifts up the gears. Sometimes the final ball, earlier in the season, wasn't right but he's on top form. He would be in my starting 11 for sure. 

It wasn't that long ago I feared Cowdenbeath. I think through the 17/18 & 18/19 season QP had a really poor run of games against them. It felt like we couldn't get a win, stark contrast to now of course. 

The league will be mathematically won before the split.

Edited by QPSpider1867

10 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

I thought we played well. Cowden held their own until maybe the 60th minute, then really ceased to be a threat, probabky a combination of tired legs and our squad rotation. Common theme of teams setting up overwhelmingly defensively against us: with maybe the Edinburgh City draw and Stenhousemuir draw the exceptions, interesting that we didnt cope well when teams were attack-minded.

As ever, impressed by Doyle, Quitongo, Connell and Gillespie, delighted to see Will Baynham get his goal, and he probably should have had a couple more.

Brings me onto our finishing though, Hogarth had a few excellent saves right enough, but we really need to learn to be Ruthless and bury these chances: it's been the story of our season.

Keep grinding out wins though and the League is ours! I'm certainly not worried!

You were obviously deep in space Houston when you wrote your first paragraph, Stirling was our first draw followed later by Edinburgh. Hope your back down to earth by Saturday.