And now the End is near: Hearts vs Alloa

Hearts can't win the league on Friday Night, Alloa can't go down but a Hearts win would mean that technically both things could happen on Saturday if Arbroath to get an  unlikely win in Kirkcaldy and Morton to win at Dens Park

So while both sets of supporters are probably eager to call this season finished and never speak of it again we'll probably have to wait a little longer

And in a parallel universe in the most unlikeliest of situations Hearts lose and Raith and Dundee win? Things start to get a teeny weeny bit interesting. 🤔 Well, at least for another week. 

Ach! Cancel the Hearts lose bit. I see the game is at Tynecastle.😉

Edited by embow

2 hours ago, embow said:

And in a parallel universe in the most unlikeliest of situations Hearts lose and Raith and Dundee win? Things start to get a teeny weeny bit interesting. 🤔 Well, at least for another week. 

Ach! Cancel the Hearts lose bit. I see the game is at Tynecastle.😉

Amusingly, with the current schedule, a loss here and Hearts lead could dwindle to 5 points by the 13th...never say never.

Something of an irony that the season is drawing to end with the two sides at opposite ends of the table yet both managers are preparing to take their fucking medicine. 

I'd be reasonably hopeful about our prospects at the Recs but Tynecastle is a very different proposition, even with Hearts struggling of late. Hopefully we can make a decent game of it anyway. 

On 07/04/2021 at 12:30, LeodhasXD said:

The only thing I want to know about this game is will we beat the number of protestors outside for the Queen of the South game.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/football/hearts-boss-neilson-i-dont-need-a-public-vote-of-confidence?top

Robbie, cmon. How am I going to get parked when you're inciting an angry mob outside?

Edited by LeodhasXD

19 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

About you imminent departure to the seaside🧐

With renewed belief of beating the Heart of Midlothian Globetrotters, Alloa will rally to win the final 4 games confounding all critics and avoiding relegation.

After riots in Gorgie, Hearts become the 'third force' as they finish behind Dundee and Raith Rovers.

Netflix/Amazon, I'm available.

Can't believe Hearts could be promoted to the Premiership tomorrow and the fans on are on the verge. 

If my team were wrongfully relegated and were about to bounce back at the first attempt, my 8 incher would be hard all day.

Kingsley had been earmarked for a return in this game, but he won't make it, and White came off injured last week - I'd put Halliday at LB as he does fuckall in midfield anyway.

Both Irvine and McEneff could do with being 'rested'. but who else is there? Wonder of McGill could get a run, but is it wise to throw a young lad in to the current mess? - 

Robbie seems to think Halkett did well enough last week, so he will play - If Popescu could be trusted, we could play Smith in midfield, but that won't happen either.

Gordon

Logan - Halkett - Smith - Halliday

Haring - Irving

Walker - Boycey - GMS

Nando

Subs: Stewart, Popescu, McGill, Hendo, Naismith, McEneff, and Soapy Souttar, even though he's not fit enough to play.

25 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Subs: Stewart, Popescu, McGill, Hendo, Naismith, McEneff, and Soapy Souttar, even though he's not fit enough to play.

Even in a season full of our board and manager being useless p***ks, the fact that we waste a spot on the bench on a player who literally is incapable of playing as though we're Brazil playing Cowdenbeath is a real low-light.

Makes Neilson look even more of a patronising arsehole than Levein was (which, as with Levein, is particularly cringe-making given how shit we're playing and how many teams we're not beating at all, far less convincingly).

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Can't believe Hearts could be promoted to the Premiership tomorrow and the fans on are on the verge. 

If my team were wrongfully relegated and were about to bounce back at the first attempt, my 8 incher would be hard all day.

That’s a small tv mate