Clyde vs Cove

8 hours ago, JamesMunro said:

I’m glad you’ve said this as I’ve said something similar on the Facebook fans page.

For me a missed opportunity last night having had all that possession and only 1 goal to show for it. We are relying heavily on the players from the Highland league days and not getting enough out of the numerous signings Hartley has made. 

Am I wrong in thinking we should be expecting more from them? 

I saw that on the Facebook fans page and a few stating Hartley doesn't have a plan b and his recruitment is poor to say the least; all I agree with and was evident last night. The Falkirk fans will testify to the recruitment bit.

The performing players on the pitch are indeed the non-Hartley signings. 

Declan Glass, Ross Graham, Canto and Fyvie(at times) are the only signings of his I rate. Clearly 3 of them were/are loanees.

Rory was a big mistake in my eyes. We paid money for him which is almost unheard of at L2/L1 these days and gave him a 3 year contract. He was past it 2 years ago. We could have got a player similar Ilk to Mitch. He can play alongside Mitch just and get away with it but can't play lone striker. He's was a statue last night as he often is. No pace.

Broque is a disaster, so is McIntosh and Livingstone looks lost at left back. I'm not convinced of the young boys like Smith, Logan, Ngwenya, Seb Ross. Don't add much, just backup. We needed more experience to aid our promotion drive.

We now have no wide players with Masson and Harry out and in my opinion a lack of creative midfielders. Take Mitch out and we have about 7 league goals in 14 games split amongst 4 players.

Hartley's remit in the last year was to add a quality striker and creative midfielder and he's failed. Now we rely on Mitch far too much.

Saying that 3 points behind top spot but I'm not convinced we have the squad depth / quality to make the surge to past Falkirk or make it through the playoffs.

Sheran would have done a better job than Hartley

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I saw that on the Facebook fans page and a few stating Hartley doesn't have a plan b and his recruitment is poor to say the least; all I agree with and was evident last night. The Falkirk fans will testify to the recruitment bit.

The performing players on the pitch are indeed the non-Hartley signings. 

Declan Glass, Ross Graham, Canto and Fyvie(at times) are the only signings of his I rate. Clearly 3 of them were/are loanees.

Rory was a big mistake in my eyes. We paid money for him which is almost unheard of at L2/L1 these days and gave him a 3 year contract. He was past it 2 years ago. We could have got a player similar Ilk to Mitch. He can play alongside Mitch just and get away with it but can't play lone striker. He's was a statue last night as he often is. No pace.

Broque is a disaster, so is McIntosh and Livingstone looks lost at left back. I'm not convinced of the young boys like Smith, Logan, Ngwenya, Seb Ross. Don't add much, just backup. We needed more experience to aid our promotion drive.

We now have no wide players with Masson and Harry out and in my opinion a lack of creative midfielders. Take Mitch out and we have about 7 league goals in 14 games split amongst 4 players.

Hartley's remit in the last year was to add a quality striker and creative midfielder and he's failed. Now we rely on Mitch far too much.

Saying that 3 points behind top spot but I'm not convinced we have the squad depth / quality to make the surge to past Falkirk or make it through the playoffs.

Sheran would have done a better job than Hartley

The only way I can see us winning the league is if Falkirk really crumble. Both them and Partick have been below par going by what their fans are saying, especially Partick. If we don’t have Mitch, Milne or Masson for the last 3 games/play offs provided we get there, then I can’t see us going up. 
As you said we have no strength in depth to cover the goals they provided. 
it’s a shame Partick and Falkirk have not been runaway contenders as Hartley would probably have been tested more as a manager and the other fans would see that’s it’s their downfall that’s made us look better than what we are. 

6 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

The only way I can see us winning the league is if Falkirk really crumble. Both them and Partick have been below par going by what their fans are saying, especially Partick. If we don’t have Mitch, Milne or Masson for the last 3 games/play offs provided we get there, then I can’t see us going up. 
As you said we have no strength in depth to cover the goals they provided. 
it’s a shame Partick and Falkirk have not been runaway contenders as Hartley would probably have been tested more as a manager and the other fans would see that’s it’s their downfall that’s made us look better than what we are. 

True. Falkirk are seemingly trying their utmost to let the trailing pack back into contention. Their squad has depth although the confidence is low and management is poor. Not convinced they will pull away at any point.

Partick with Glass wouldn't have been in this mess. Unfortunately for them he got injured. They signed Tiffoney on loan from Livi, big signing for L1. Expect them to make the playoffs comfortably.

Heard Mitch will be back for the Dumbarton game (so will Leighton 🙄) but Masson is out for the rest of the season. We need the win against Dumbarton and put everything into the Falkirk game to get the 3 points.

Not sure if you watched the Alloa cup game but I thought we were tremendous, passing was quick and movement was superb. That's the  standard we're capable of and if we can produce that we can challenge.

How would you start the next game? For me;

McKenzie

Ross Graham Strachan Ngwenya

Yule Fyvie Scully Seb Ross

Mitch Rory

24 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

True. Falkirk are seemingly trying their utmost to let the trailing pack back into contention. Their squad has depth although the confidence is low and management is poor. Not convinced they will pull away at any point.

Partick with Glass wouldn't have been in this mess. Unfortunately for them he got injured. They signed Tiffoney on loan from Livi, big signing for L1. Expect them to make the playoffs comfortably.

Heard Mitch will be back for the Dumbarton game (so will Leighton 🙄) but Masson is out for the rest of the season. We need the win against Dumbarton and put everything into the Falkirk game to get the 3 points.

Not sure if you watched the Alloa cup game but I thought we were tremendous, passing was quick and movement was superb. That's the  standard we're capable of and if we can produce that we can challenge.

How would you start the next game? For me;

McKenzie

Ross Graham Strachan Ngwenya

Yule Fyvie Scully Seb Ross

Mitch Rory

Aye it seems like it, a bit like Hearts at the moment they are making it more difficult for themselves! 
Yeah I think if we get promoted and go full time we should be doing all we can to get Glass back. 

The play offs will be very interesting, I think Montrose could be dark horses there. 

Funnily enough I was just checking our results this year and that Alloa one was the only win we have where we have been in a losing position! Seen highlights of it and definitely showed we were at our best there. Can’t say I’ve been wowed by any of our league performances though, we’ve really struggled to break teams down. 

Agreed Rory is a lot better when he is playing with Mitch! 

Right team, but it’s the midfield that needs to be right. Have we got a lot of creativity from there? I struggle to keep up with all the young loan signings, but I think I was impressed with Smith against Rangers. I’d love to see Blair played in Glass’ position, I think that’s his best place

17 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Aye it seems like it, a bit like Hearts at the moment they are making it more difficult for themselves! 
Yeah I think if we get promoted and go full time we should be doing all we can to get Glass back. 

The play offs will be very interesting, I think Montrose could be dark horses there. 

Funnily enough I was just checking our results this year and that Alloa one was the only win we have where we have been in a losing position! Seen highlights of it and definitely showed we were at our best there. Can’t say I’ve been wowed by any of our league performances though, we’ve really struggled to break teams down. 

Agreed Rory is a lot better when he is playing with Mitch! 

Right team, but it’s the midfield that needs to be right. Have we got a lot of creativity from there? I struggle to keep up with all the young loan signings, but I think I was impressed with Smith against Rangers. I’d love to see Blair played in Glass’ position, I think that’s his best place

Definitely agree with that. He can go past his man for sure, looks to go forward not sideways. Connor Smith as you say deserves game time.