Kilmarnock v Ross County

We played the same team against Stenhousemuir (0-4 win) as we did against Motherwell the week before (4-1 win), bar Millen starting at RB instead of Mcgowan in the Stenny game, so can't see the lineup changing. Medley went off after half an hour against Stenny as a precaution but is reportedly fit so I'd expect the same team again for this one. When we played County a month ago we played alright first 45 and dreadful second 45 and County punished us for that, but we're a different team with Kyle Lafferty in. He gives us the cutting edge and quality we've sorely been missing and drags the rest of them up as well. I'm going to be positive and say home win.

4 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

The young lad Hjelde has been pretty good imo. Yeah, he didn't cover himself in glory for the ict break away goal last Friday but he's been a cracking addition and for a 17yo he's played far more than I think anyone would have expected, maybe even himself.

He scored a good goal against Killie only a month ago, after coming on as a 22min sub and was probably our motm in that game. I'd have no doubts about starting him on Saturday.

Actually, on that matter, to have another rant about Hughes, why are we continually relying on subs to come on and change games! I know it's a squad game nowadays and chucking a big man on with 10 mins to go can shake things up, or adding an extra midfielder can turn the tide but every game we need a triple or quadruple substitution in the 50/60th min to overhaul the shambles Hughes had put out to start the game, tactics too go out the window after an hour because they're never working up to that point. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy but he seems clueless as a manager. Rant over😤

I’d start him too but at centre back if we had a competent left back

McKay deserves to start up front. He's been in amongst the goals recently and as much as I was disappointed when Shaw was dropped after White came in, Billy has taken his chance and IMO has looked pretty sharp. 

I'd go with;

Laidlaw

Naismith Watson Iacovitti Hjelde 

Spittal Tilson Draper Lakin Hylton

McKay

Hughes wont though.

Nothing against County,  best of luck to Killie one of the best away day's at the football . 
To be fair Dingwall is a pretty spectacular away trip when you are on the [emoji482][emoji482].

Don't like Rugby Park because I am over 4ft tall. Never done it by train so I haven't experienced the boozers in the town centre.

Can see this ending in a draw which won't really help either team. County looked so poor against ICT, surely they won't be as crap?

On 05/04/2021 at 17:01, frankthetank22 said:

That's Killie with two wins on the bounce and four goals scored in each, do you see this as a must win game? 

Taking out the mathematics, where it's obviously a no, I think we have to target this as a must win. Allowing you guys to go 4 points ahead with 4 games left seems an insurmountable challenge, as the momentum would swing back from the high we are on just now to the dire mindset we've had for the last few months. 

We could still catch you if it's a draw, so maybe not a must win, but I think Wright will have the players right up for this. Start the split with some real momentum. 

I've felt anxious/nervous/dreadful going in to Killie games for months, so it's nice to have a bit of optimism back. Whether that's justified we will see at 5pm tomorrow. 

A mate has reminded me today is the 30th anniversary of Meadowbank Thistle 1 Kilmarnock 8, a game I was at.

Funnily enough Meadowbank had beaten Ross County 6-1 in the Scottish Cup two months previously (a game I was also at. GIRUY Staggies)

Can't see today being a high scoring game though.

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

A mate has reminded me today is the 30th anniversary of Meadowbank Thistle 1 Kilmarnock 8, a game I was at.

Funnily enough Meadowbank had beaten Ross County 6-1 in the Scottish Cup two months previously (a game I was also at. GIRUY Staggies)

Can't see today being a high scoring game though.

Cheers for making me feel an even aulder b*****d than I already feel, 30 years, jeezo.

Naismith works better when he's got someone who will keep fairly wide, distracting opposition players so he can overlap and get to the byline. So we've gone 3-5-2 with players who hate going out wide.

Edited by Comrie

29 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Naismith works better when he's got someone who will keep fairly wide, distracting opposition players so he can overlap and get to the byline. So we've gone 3-5-2 with players who hate going out wide.

Looking at that I thought a back 4, who do you have in a 3?

Naismith Watson Iacovitti Tremarco 

Gardyne Draper Tillson Vigurs 

Whyte McKay 

I've misread it, blame it on my knackered glasses. Midge on the right I am not keen with. Assume it'll be more 4-4-1-1 with Mckay dropping off White into space.

Edited by Comrie

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Two rubbish defences, and the previous three matches this season have averaged over 4 goals per game, so I can't see it being anything but high scoring. Would be very surprised if both teams don't score at the very least.

Hope you had money on it lol