Kilmarnock v Ross County

I can't tell you our line up, formation or game plan. It'll be randomly selected two hours before kick off. If Lafferty doesn't score at least two I'll be amazed.

4 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Massive game. A win and we are flying in to the split games with confidence. Lose and it would be very, very difficult to catch County. 

Big Kylie will do the business 😉

That's Killie with two wins on the bounce and four goals scored in each, do you see this as a must win game?  From my own (County) point of view, I'd certainly take a draw from this game if it was offered to me so for us I'd say this is a must not lose game.

Friday's cup defeat was certainly a downer for County but it's only a cup game and the league is where we need to pick up points.  I'm not a fan of Hughes but he has a habit of stumbling into good results/formations, we've somehow beaten celtic and hibs away and rattled four past aberdeen so here's hoping the players can either make sense of what he's asking them to do or just make it up themselves when they cross the white line.  I'm thinking the latter may be our best chance of getting something out of this game.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

That's Killie with two wins on the bounce and four goals scored in each, do you see this as a must win game?  From my own (County) point of view, I'd certainly take a draw from this game if it was offered to me so for us I'd say this is a must not lose game.

Friday's cup defeat was certainly a downer for County but it's only a cup game and the league is where we need to pick up points.  I'm not a fan of Hughes but he has a habit of stumbling into good results/formations, we've somehow beaten celtic and hibs away and rattled four past aberdeen so here's hoping the players can either make sense of what he's asking them to do or just make it up themselves when they cross the white line.  I'm thinking the latter may be our best chance of getting something out of this game.

I definitely do. If either team loses it doesn't confirm anything by any means with four games remaining after this, but there's a lot riding on this one. If you guys win it'll be very hard to catch up with you and I think would make us finish 11th at most. If we win we won't be safe but it'll continue the good form and will boost the mood in the camp.

Have to say I'm feeling a lot more positive than I was after the win over Motherwell. Check back with me on Saturday at 5 to see how I feel though, I'm still nervous.

The game on Friday was one of the most sub-standard County performances I've seen in years, and we've hardly set the heather alight this season.

If we can get out of this with a point I'd be happy. We struggled to create anything against ICT so I'd like JH to find a place in his tombola for Hylton. We are a more dangerous side when he plays, and given it's a certainty we will concede we need to have something about us going forward on Saturday. Kelly and Vigurs were not alone in their poor performaces, but in my humble opinion stood out as particularly shite on Friday, and I'd like to see Tilson and Draper in with Lakin instead.

Unless there is a MASSIVE turn around from ICT we're in for a long afternoon.

Stuart Kettlewell and John Hughes obsession with playing Vigurs and Kelly is costing us this season along with the obvious issues defensively.

Hylton needs to play, I'd like to see what this new boy Maouche is all about as we're hardly amazing in the middle of the park. We're truly awful though, If we stay up the league's a joke.

I think we should set up like this:

Laidlaw

Naismith Watson Iacovitti Randall

Draper

Lakin Paton

Gardyne Shaw Hylton

I don’t like the back line but I think it’s the best we can put up at the moment. Good balance in that midfield and inverted wingers so they can come in and link up with Shaw. I know we’ll concede at least once so we’re going to need a goal to get something out the game, may as well set up 433 for that reason. I still think there’s enough games between now and the end of the season that both ourselves and Killie will drop points in so therefore it’s not as big a game as I think the one with Accies is, but if we want 10th we need to be taking something from it.

49 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Don’t think Randall is fit or else yes he’d be the definite choice at left back

The young lad Hjelde has been pretty good imo. Yeah, he didn't cover himself in glory for the ict break away goal last Friday but he's been a cracking addition and for a 17yo he's played far more than I think anyone would have expected, maybe even himself.

He scored a good goal against Killie only a month ago, after coming on as a 22min sub and was probably our motm in that game. I'd have no doubts about starting him on Saturday.

Actually, on that matter, to have another rant about Hughes, why are we continually relying on subs to come on and change games! I know it's a squad game nowadays and chucking a big man on with 10 mins to go can shake things up, or adding an extra midfielder can turn the tide but every game we need a triple or quadruple substitution in the 50/60th min to overhaul the shambles Hughes had put out to start the game, tactics too go out the window after an hour because they're never working up to that point. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy but he seems clueless as a manager. Rant over😤

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

The young lad Hjelde has been pretty good imo. Yeah, he didn't cover himself in glory for the ict break away goal last Friday but he's been a cracking addition and for a 17yo he's played far more than I think anyone would have expected, maybe even himself.

Only issue with Hjelde is he is clearly a left sided centre half shoe horned in to cover at LB, no matter how well he plays. It's not a position he's a natural fit for.

13 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I could’ve sworn I saw a photo of Randall in training the other day but maybe it’s not full training so you could assume he’ll be out. Hjelde at left back it’ll have to be. Still a decent team on paper nonetheless.

Hughes will manage to shoehorn Vigurs and White in there, and play somebody wildly out of form out of position.  Let's only hope Laidlaw and Naismith can play constant one-twos for 90 minutes.

Laidlaw

Naismith  Watson  Iacovitti  Hjelde

Draper    Lakin

Maouche (why not?)

Hylton      Mckay        Paton

Midge this season has been so much better coming off the bench and I'd like to see him used that way from here on out. Kelly, Vigurs and White will start at the cost of the rest of the team.

I like Shaw but think Mckay is in decent enough form to keep playing and his link up play is levels ahead of other strikers in our squad.

This Moauche guy surely worth a punt considering he's out of contract at the end of the season you'd think he'd be keen to impress.

2-1 Killie Lafferty and a centre half of some sort to score