Jump to content
Dev

EoS Structure for 2021/22

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bluebell1 said:

Why is the “management” committee not make a decision.  Why is the vote to null and void or play only.  Why is declaring on ppg not a voting option. 

An absolute shambles for me, gotta play now give a club the chance of promotion and get the leagues sorted for a 16 team premier league august start.

I’m inclined to agree on the committee shirking their responsibility and hiding from making a decision - but we don’t know the facts and I’m sure there will be a reason, perhaps being pedants and following rules to the letter. Who knows. PPG is an option though so unsure on your point there. All as agreed at the seasons outset. You have a vote same as everyone else so you can cast it accordingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigbro19 said:

When you run out of excuses, try and influence with the scare tactics. 😂

No need for testing from the 17th May, so that ones blown out the window . Next.

Hmmm I’m just trying to be helpful and informative. It was in a press interview a month ago. I suppose PCR testing has reduced in cost - but couldn’t say; not too interested. Strangely not a lot of comments were aired at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Once adult contact sports are allowed again from May 17th forward there is no need for testing.

Can you show me where that is stated please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigbro19 said:

No need for testing from the 17th May, so that ones blown out the window . Next.

Can you please direct me to a government/ SFA statement that confirms this ‘fact’?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigbro19 said:

Whilst I expect Nicola will remain cautious and stick to the 17th there’s been a lot of speculation due to reaching the tipping point (herd immunity) this could even be brought forward a week. Announcement expected on Tuesday.

At her last briefing she said there would not be any further announcements on the roadmap out of lockdown until the 20th April when she would confirm if the lifting of restrictions planned for the 26th April would go ahead.

I do believe that you are a bit of a rascal and what you don’t know, you just make up.  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

At her last briefing she said there would not be any further announcements on the roadmap out of lockdown until the 20th April when she would confirm if the lifting of restrictions planned for the 26th April would go ahead.

I do believe that you are a bit of a rascal and what you don’t know, you just make up.  🤣

There are no more announcements until 20th April, and as you say it will be to confirm if the relaxations due on 26th April go ahead.  There's a chance a few of the 17th May relaxations could be brought forward, but that's just a pure guess and unlikely to include football given the season is over for everyone apart from EoS.

17th May will be the date when we're allowed to start contact training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheGeneral10 said:

At her last briefing she said there would not be any further announcements on the roadmap out of lockdown until the 20th April when she would confirm if the lifting of restrictions planned for the 26th April would go ahead.

I do believe that you are a bit of a rascal and what you don’t know, you just make up.  🤣

Queen Nicola won't remember that, she has a habit of "forgetting" these meetings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Well, have a bash at a fixture list and prove it... 

No contact training until 17th May or cross region travelling allowed until then.  There's been no football at full tilt for months, so allow at least 3 weeks pre-season to get players up to pace safely.

At a push, there are 4 weeks left to play more games of football than some clubs could manage in 10 weeks earlier in the season.  

Then 3 weeks off before the new season starts. 

All of the above with no supporters, vastly reduced income, no dressing rooms and plenty cost that does not justify the marginal benefits, if there are any, for the majority of clubs. And bearing in mind around 48% of them didn't want to start this season in the first place.  

I'll leave it to Kenny, thanks. I'm sure he said two weeks of pre-season on the radio - that gives you a month to play between 4 and 9 fixtures (average of 6.44). Cross-region travel should be allowed as from 26th April it says "Travel within mainland Scotland allowed"

You mean league games of course for the underlined bit, as Dundonald and Penicuik who have played the least also played cup games. 

And well if the same 52% who did want it back in September decide they want to continue next month, then the season will restart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many football supporters, not just on P&B, who cry foul because there's been minimal football since the summer. Yet virtually everyone just rolls over like a pet pooch wanting to have its' belly scratched when the the sport is prevented by Governments. It's not just happened in Scotland. Look at Wales in particular, but also England and Northern Ireland to a lesser extent. People complain on here but just accept that they are powerless to do anything about it. 

Given the huge amount of scientific evidence and professional opinion from inside Scotland, the Uk and the Republic of Ireland, etc etc  which shows that there is minimal risk of covid transmission out-doors the real question is why on earth Nicola S has shied away from letting organized outdoor activities continue (Obviously they would still be subject to appropriate protocols being in place and enforced). Protocols were put in place which were given the OK directly by the SG (please don't try to deny this - there is stacks of proof of this even on P&B). 

Further, the illogical imposition of PCR testing rather than the more appropriate LF test (which also happens to be far less expensive) seems to me to be a sly sleight of hand way to make such activities as football too expensive for clubs which are beneath the SPFL - thus neatly preventing these clubs from continuing without the SG saying what they really mean which would be a straight forward, open and honest " sorry but we don't want football to continue if we can possibly avoid it". If they had made such an honest statement it could have given critics the opportunity to ask important questions which needed answering. They've damaged football but tried to avoid leaving their finger-prints at the scene of the crime. Unfortunately for them they forgot about DNA and their DNA is all over this.

 

Edited by Dev
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dev said:

There are so many football supporters, not just on P&B, who cry foul because there's been minimal football since the summer. Yet virtually everyone just rolls over like a pet pooch wanting to have its' belly scratched when the the sport is prevented by Governments. It's not just happened in Scotland. Look at Wales in particular, but also England and Northern Ireland to a lesser extent. People complain on here but just accept that they are powerless to do anything about it. 

Given the huge amount of scientific evidence and professional opinion from inside Scotland, the Uk and the Republic of Ireland, etc etc  which shows that there is minimal risk of covid transmission out-doors the real question is why on earth Nicola S has shied away from letting organized outdoor activities continue (Obviously they would still be subject to appropriate protocols being in place and enforced). Protocols were put in place which were given the OK directly by the SG (please don't try to deny this - there is stacks of proof of this even on P&B). 

Further, the illogical imposition of PCR testing rather than the more appropriate LF test (which also happens to be far less expensive) seems to me to be a sly sleight of hand way to make such activities as football too expensive for clubs which are beneath the SPFL - thus neatly preventing these clubs from continuing without the SG saying what they really mean which would be a straight forward, open and honest " sorry but we don't want football to continue if we can possibly avoid it". If they had made such an honest statement it could have given critics the opportunity to ask important questions which needed answering. They've damaged football but tried to avoid leaving their finger-prints at the scene of the crime. Unfortunately for them they forgot about DNA and their DNA is all over this.

 

Give it a rest FFS. You're not an epidemiologist, a virologist, a immunologist and you're not qualified to criticise those who are. You've appointed yourself the resident expert on PCR and Elisa tests yet I'll bet you've never seen the inside of a laboratory in your life.

It's good to ask questions. It's fine to have opinions on policy. But it's pure arrogance to assume you're in any position to critique the recommendation of public health experts. Maybe I'm alone in this but I'm fed up seeing you spam this forum with your opinions on what the government should be doing about Covid tests.

Back in the real world where people are making the best decisions they can, the EoS clubs have a choice to make and neither option is wrong. Everything else, please keep it for the Coronavirus thread because it's not remotely relevant here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I'll leave it to Kenny, thanks. I'm sure he said two weeks of pre-season on the radio - that gives you a month to play between 4 and 9 fixtures (average of 6.44). Cross-region travel should be allowed as from 26th April it says "Travel within mainland Scotland allowed"

You mean league games of course for the underlined bit, as Dundonald and Penicuik who have played the least also played cup games. 

And well if the same 52% who did want it back in September decide they want to continue next month, then the season will restart.

Was it really that close a call as to whether season started or not? 52% yes and 48% no?

If these are the figures, I would think that a number of the 52% will not want to continue. I also wonder if no one is thinking of the reality of the situation. Guys haven’t played football for most if not all (can’t remember without checking) of 2021. Very few, by now will have taken meaning Leave from work, given severe limits of travel. So scenario if 50% play wins the vote, contact football commences 17 May. 

Two to three weeks training, then play up to 9 matches by 30 June. Then we have close season, for 3 weeks - if we follow same start date for new season as Lowland League? 

Are we then expecting all/most players, coaches, committee members, ground staff and other volunteers to take their league in that short period of time? Just not logistically possible/probable - in my view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I'll leave it to Kenny, thanks. I'm sure he said two weeks of pre-season on the radio - that gives you a month to play between 4 and 9 fixtures (average of 6.44). Cross-region travel should be allowed as from 26th April it says "Travel within mainland Scotland allowed"

You mean league games of course for the underlined bit, as Dundonald and Penicuik who have played the least also played cup games. 

And well if the same 52% who did want it back in September decide they want to continue next month, then the season will restart.

The 50% fixtures are for all the leagues, not just the Premier. 

Kenny does the fixtures (expertly) and is on the Board. The Board says it is not feasible. We must assume that the Board have taken Kenny's input into account.

Whilst adept at fixture conundrums, to my knowledge, he is not a Sports Scientist. We should respect his judgement on fixtures, but probably defer to someone else when it comes to deciding if 2, 4, or 6 weeks is a reasonable time-frame for idle 'elite' athletes to safely return to competitive football.

Board members are also experienced in club financial management, and will also fully understand the difficulties in pitch maintenance and repair with increased usage in such a short space of time.  And the preparation required for a re-start shortly after. Grass pitches will be done within a month or two.

Point is, the board members possess a broad range of practical experience and between them they have agreed that it is simply not feasible, within the current constraints, to finish the season.

It is reckless and foolish to think differently and ignore this advice. 

As for the vote... clearly a collective bad decision was made previously.  Making the same mistakes and expecting different results is daft.  

So, I think the majority of clubs will not want to continue the season causing further damage to their business, for very little return.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your gonna start you restart immediately from when allowed. Who needs 2 weeks preseason. You can be training now. Kicking a ball and tackling is hardly rocket science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a no brainer. 50% at league two you play both teams home and away. I see an argument for that but half the games means PpG is flawed.

For 17 games realistically there’s onto two or three teams that can win the Premier so why would the rest bother to vote to restart?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It’s a no brainer. 50% at league two you play both teams home and away. I see an argument for that but half the games means PpG is flawed.

For 17 games realistically there’s onto two or three teams that can win the Premier so why would the rest bother to vote to restart?

It's not all about the Premier. Some clubs would rather start the new season in proper divisions and not another year of Conferences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that but PpG on only playing teams once with all the distruption there’s been just doesn’t give an accurate reflection.

As a Rose fan I felt we turned a corner and still have nearly everyone around us to play twice. I’d have fancied us to challenge even at 50% of the games but it’s obvious it wouldn’t be fair especially at the bottom end of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GordonS said:

Give it a rest FFS. You're not an epidemiologist, a virologist, a immunologist and you're not qualified to criticise those who are. You've appointed yourself the resident expert on PCR and Elisa tests yet I'll bet you've never seen the inside of a laboratory in your life.

It's good to ask questions. It's fine to have opinions on policy. But it's pure arrogance to assume you're in any position to critique the recommendation of public health experts. Maybe I'm alone in this but I'm fed up seeing you spam this forum with your opinions on what the government should be doing about Covid tests.

Back in the real world where people are making the best decisions they can, the EoS clubs have a choice to make and neither option is wrong. Everything else, please keep it for the Coronavirus thread because it's not remotely relevant here.

You're entitled to your opinion.

However, no-one mentioned public health experts - where did you get that from?

I do reckon that scientific evidence should be the decider don't you?

Why does anyone consider that no Government is above criticism? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I'll leave it to Kenny, thanks. I'm sure he said two weeks of pre-season on the radio - that gives you a month to play between 4 and 9 fixtures (average of 6.44). Cross-region travel should be allowed as from 26th April it says "Travel within mainland Scotland allowed"

You mean league games of course for the underlined bit, as Dundonald and Penicuik who have played the least also played cup games. 

And well if the same 52% who did want it back in September decide they want to continue next month, then the season will restart.

The Dundonald fixtures are dead easy - they only have to play everyone above them, except LTHV who pumped them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Che Dail said:

The 50% fixtures are for all the leagues, not just the Premier. 

Kenny does the fixtures (expertly) and is on the Board. The Board says it is not feasible. We must assume that the Board have taken Kenny's input into account.

Whilst adept at fixture conundrums, to my knowledge, he is not a Sports Scientist. We should respect his judgement on fixtures, but probably defer to someone else when it comes to deciding if 2, 4, or 6 weeks is a reasonable time-frame for idle 'elite' athletes to safely return to competitive football.

Board members are also experienced in club financial management, and will also fully understand the difficulties in pitch maintenance and repair with increased usage in such a short space of time.  And the preparation required for a re-start shortly after. Grass pitches will be done within a month or two.

Point is, the board members possess a broad range of practical experience and between them they have agreed that it is simply not feasible, within the current constraints, to finish the season.

It is reckless and foolish to think differently and ignore this advice. 

As for the vote... clearly a collective bad decision was made previously.  Making the same mistakes and expecting different results is daft.  

So, I think the majority of clubs will not want to continue the season causing further damage to their business, for very little return.

I realise that, but the Conferences have fewer games on average to play than the Premier (5.75 and 5.6).

It's also possible that not all of the board agreed though (given there's no mention of unanimous).

Suppose we've only got 26 hours to find out.

Edited by Ginaro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...