EoS Structure for 2021/22

4 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Referring to the “blue” Second Division for 2022/23. Why will it have 18 clubs rather than 16 clubs.? This will leave the “red” Third Division with only 9 clubs for 2022/23 (if new applicants do not materialise).

It all appears a little messy to me and in my view does not accord with the high standard that the EOSFL has previously set. I say this as a firm supporter of the EOSFL and the progress that the league has made in developing the Pyramid.

That's a very fair point - about 18 teams in the second division. It isn't as though that Division is likely to be filled with teams which have floodlights - in case there's a fixture backlog. Even the top Division, which is close to all floodlit is being brought down to 16 teams.

There seems to be no obviously sound reason why the two bottom teams in Division Two aren't relegated. Given that the scheme was approved 89-11 there is no reason to think that it would have affected the outcome of the consultation with the clubs over the structure if the two bottom teams had been earmarked for relegation. The clubs didn't wish to be penalised for taking in the additional 11 new teams but no relegation!

Edited by Dev

22 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

escape route being blocked? The west lothian clubs will be happy to be playing each other while Harthill are venturing to Campbeltown. twice the distance than it is to Tweedmouth and coldstream

In 2022-23, if Harthill have met the ground requirements and been fully voted in OK they will be part of a large WoS third division probably split into two conferences. The trip to Campbelltown is amusing given the circumstances but year two and beyond is probably better than the EoS scenario would have been for them. They would have been dead certs for a prolonged stay in this pygmy bottom tier with Tweedmouth and similar arriving by 2023-24 to replace the best of the local games.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

In 2022-23, if Harthill have met the ground requirements and been fully voted in OK they will be part of a large WoS third division probably split into two conferences. The trip to Campbelltown is amusing given the circumstances but year two and beyond is probably better than the EoS scenario would have been for them.

yes but realistically unless they are in with Shotts, carluke, lanark and forth they will be playing otherside of glasgow most of the time. IF Campbeltowns ground is fine then they could be travelling their forever. Surely its better for west lothian clubs to be playing other west lothian and edinburgh clubs. Why would it have been btter for Armadale to play Greenock than play Blackburn or Lothian Thistle or arniston

31 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Total bollocks again from you emoji23.png

I hope that your assertion is correct. It had better be don't you think?

The EoS and football at this level needs to leave the nonsensical Juniors - Seniors War behind and the three conference system would have helped to do just that in the East. A Trick missed!

22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Seems pretty simple and has been exactly what the new applicant clubs were expecting to happen. So there's been no curveballs.

I'd rather been in Conference X 2021-22 and knowing with certainty i'll be a member of the EoSFL in 2022-23. Instead of being in the WoSFL for 2021-22 and potentially kicked back to where I came from if I haven't met the ground criteria with not enough clubs left to keep the "Development Division" going.

Sorry but your second para is completely irrational. Time to move on though!

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

....Why would it have been btter for Armadale to play Greenock than play Blackburn or Lothian Thistle or arniston

It wouldn't have been. I was opposed to the concept of West Lothian clubs moving west, which is why I mentioned the worst of blazer politics being on display on both sides of that equation. Harthill is in Lanarkshire so that's a different scenario. 

37 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If 88% voted for the 2021-22 structure I don't think petty blazer politics can be blamed.

Interesting that the clubs weren't provided with an option which allowed for relegation to the bottom division a season earlier. That would have been so easy to do. It sends out the wrong signals to the new clubs which came over this time from the Juniors.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It wouldn't have been. I was opposed to the concept of West Lothian clubs moving west, which is why I mentioned the worst of blazer politics being on display on both sides of that equation. Harthill is in Lanarkshire so that's a different scenario. 

I dont have a problem with Harthill doing it. But I struggle to see the benefit

12 minutes ago, Dev said:

Sorry but your second para is completely irrational. Time to move on though!

On 12/05/2021 at 18:39, parkcircus said:

No, St Peters are already on a 2 years plan, if there wasn’t enough team to form a league they’d need to go back amateur until they pass the ground criteria and then it reverts to would should be the normal process, pass the ground criteria and join the league.

the div 4 is only here because of the conferences and the teams that sat out, it’s not a long term solution, although if clubs keep applying it could keep going

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is being done to get it right up certain West Lothian clubs that wanted to enter the pyramid through the east region and recently contemplated a move to the WoS before that escape route was blocked. Petty blazer politics at its worst on display on both sides of that equation. Would have been better to use the other option to wipe the slate clean and turn the page.

If they really wanted to get it right up certain W Lothian clubs they would have let them go west to appease their "travel" concerns and given them a weekend trip to Campbeltown for a game for the indefinite future 😂

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You do know you've just quoted a post which is totally opposite to the rather insipid point that you've tried to score there?

Maybe log off for the day and come back when you are feeling better.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Interesting that the clubs weren't provided with an option which allowed for relegation to the bottom division a season earlier. That would have been so easy to do. It sends out the wrong signals to the new clubs which came over this time from the Juniors.

...including it should be remembered the new committee of Livingston United that wanted in last season.

In an unprecedented time both the EoSFL and WoSFL have dealt with the same problem in the same way. Honouring the commitment made by their 2020-21 membership without disadvantaging them with the influx of new membership.

The leagues, members, and applicants have all seemed by and large happy with this decision. With most expecting it as it has been known for sometime. What with it being the original plan if 2020-21 had completed the season. 

On the West forum you'll have people cheerleading the decision and on the East forum slating it. Purely based on the make up of the clubs.

It's almost as if the people that run football clubs and leagues have seen past the grade nonsense, but posters on here haven't.

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In an unprecedented time both the EoSFL and WoSFL have dealt with the same problem in the same way. Honouring the commitment made by their 2020-21 membership without disadvantaging them with the influx of new membership.

The leagues, members, and applicants have all seemed by and large happy with this decision. With most expecting it as it has been known for sometime. What with it being the original plan if 2020-21 had completed the season. 

On the West forum you'll have people cheerleading the decision and on the East forum slating it. Purely based on the make up of the clubs.

It's almost as if the people that run football clubs and leagues have seen past the grade nonsense, but posters on here haven't.

Exactly spot on

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you have nothing constructive to add maybe take your own advice.

Better nothing constructive to add than being beholden to a dead grade and trying to put down the pyramid at every opportunity. Its gone, its not coming back, move on for your own sake as all you are doing here and on other threads is highlighting how out of touch you are with the modern world.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's a situation where the EoS has clubs coming in at Tier 9 but no clubs entering Tier 9 from Tier 8 until 2023/24. This will mean 18 clubs in Tier 8 for 2022/23 in a Division which is likely to contain few clubs with Floodlights. Those with Floodlights may also be Licenced - with SFA Cup implications.

Does the EoS have plans to alter the start date of the 2022/23 season by bringing it forward again? 

With the LL running at 17 rather than the ideal 16 clubs, and fresh competition coming from the WoS for places in the LL, it is fair to assume that additional clubs may be entering the EoS by relegation from above, possibly one per season for 2022/23 and 2023/24. (Two up Two down between Tiers 5 and 6 may not affect this)

If clubs relegated from the LL automatically go into the Premier Division does the Division stay at 16 clubs - so relegating one or two extra clubs straight away  - or does it spread out the relegations over more than one season? Either way there are direct knock-on effects on the lower Divisions.

What plans does the EoS have to deal with this likely "Double Bottleneck"? The new structure has just been resolved but no mention has been made of this issue which may well happen for 2022/23. Does anyone have any meaningful answers? Burnieman/FWF ?

In its' wisdom the WoS clubs have accepted that there will be double relegations for 16 clubs at the end of 2021/22 i.e. 16 Tier 7 clubs go down to a new Division 3 at Tier 9.

The EoS has decided not to use double relegation for any existing member clubs in 2021/22. Further, existing member clubs are also protected from relegation  at the end of 2022/23, down from Division Two to Division Three i.e. Tier 8 to Tier 9.

In the meantime the new EoS Tier X Division for 2021/22 newcomers  loses two clubs to promotion at the end of 2021/22 but gains none on relegation so goes down from 11 to 9. 

Which League is the wiser? Which League will be first to get to the ideal situation where all clubs are playing at the most appropriate level?

2 hours ago, drs said:

Better nothing constructive to add than being beholden to a dead grade and trying to put down the pyramid at every opportunity...

You must have a very low IQ level if you think I have been pro-SJFA and anti-pyramid. In reality I thought Kelty Hearts moving to the EoS was a good move back when Burnieman was still arguing that they should stay in the SJFA and try to work for change through Tom Johnston and co. Hopefully they finish what they started against Brechin City tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Dev said:

...Which League is the wiser? Which League will be first to get to the ideal situation where all clubs are playing at the most appropriate level?

Clearly the WoS got this one right. This whole episode is another example of why it would be better if the SFA could shape the league structure like the FA does with nonleague in England so that self interest agendas and petty blazer politics are kept to a minimum.

Edited by LongTimeLurker