EoS Structure for 2021/22

6 minutes ago, lowenan said:

What will promotion/relegation be like in 2022/23?

Should return to previous 3-up-3-down.

Last season was supposed to be 3-up-3-down but bottom Premier clubs were reprieved - as a result this season (until null-&-void: and so next now) is 2-up-4-down.

..... but seriously. It's possible that in twelve months time the EoS will have a Net Gain of One additional club from the LL.

Also, if there's still only one promotion place up to the LL from Tier 6, the EoS could have a Net Gain two clubs from the LL - especially if the WoS Champions take the single promotion place. 

Presumably, if the above happens, additional clubs will be relegated within the EoS's Divisions in order to maintain 16 clubs per Division, apart from the bottom Division?

I hope that the bottom Division does not fall short of enough clubs to keep it viable. Playing against each other three times/season is OK short term but it isn't ideal.

Any idea if the EoS might follow the WoS example and take in clubs which have plans in place to meet the ground criteria but aren't there in time for 2022/23? Apparently one or two clubs in the WoS Development Division have been given allowed a couple of seasons to get things fully in order.  

6 hours ago, Dev said:

..... but seriously. It's possible that in twelve months time the EoS will have a Net Gain of One additional club from the LL.

Also, if there's still only one promotion place up to the LL from Tier 6, the EoS could have a Net Gain two clubs from the LL - especially if the WoS Champions take the single promotion place. 

Presumably, if the above happens, additional clubs will be relegated within the EoS's Divisions in order to maintain 16 clubs per Division, apart from the bottom Division?

I hope that the bottom Division does not fall short of enough clubs to keep it viable. Playing against each other three times/season is OK short term but it isn't ideal.

Any idea if the EoS might follow the WoS example and take in clubs which have plans in place to meet the ground criteria but aren't there in time for 2022/23? Apparently one or two clubs in the WoS Development Division have been given allowed a couple of seasons to get things fully in order.  

Hopefully they will look to reduce the 2nd division to 16 the following year which would add a couple of clubs to the 3rd.

10 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Structure confirmed.20210521_205218.jpeg20210521_205254.jpeg

Referring to the “blue” Second Division for 2022/23. Why will it have 18 clubs rather than 16 clubs.? This will leave the “red” Third Division with only 9 clubs for 2022/23 (if new applicants do not materialise).

It all appears a little messy to me and in my view does not accord with the high standard that the EOSFL has previously set. I say this as a firm supporter of the EOSFL and the progress that the league has made in developing the Pyramid.

Edited by Pyramidic

2 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

....It all appears a little messy to me and in my view does not accord with the high standard that the EOSFL has previously set...

Setting aside any issues related to the parasitical ((c) buboy) entity from Linlithgow Bridge for now, it's Chewin the Fat bowling club meeting level stuff that they would go for 16-16-18-9 rather than 16-16-16-11 with the bottom clubs from Conferences A & B moving down. Bear in mind that a certain high profile poster has asserted that the new clubs thread has run its course now and there is no expectation of any further significant influx of new members from below. The way the Letham application was handled certainly points in that direction.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Referring to the “blue” Second Division for 2022/23. Why will it have 18 clubs rather than 16 clubs.? This will leave the “red” Third Division with only 9 clubs for 2022/23 (if new applicants do not materialise).

It all appears a little messy to me and in my view does not accord with the high standard that the EOSFL has previously set. I say this as a firm supporter of the EOSFL and the progress that the league has made in developing the Pyramid.

I think the problem with getting the third tier down to 16 in one season is that you'd either have no promotion from the Third Division or you'd have to relegate two clubs from what will be the second tier next season to the fourth. Personally I would prefer the latter of those two options, but I can see the other side.

Setting aside any issues related to the parasitical ([emoji2398] buboy) entity from Linlithgow Bridge for now, it's Chewin the Fat bowling club meeting level stuff that they would go for 16-16-18-9 rather than 16-16-16-11 with the bottom clubs from Conferences A & B moving down. Bear in mind that a certain high profile poster has asserted that the new clubs thread has run its course now and there is no expectation of any further significant influx of new members from below. The way the Letham application was handled certainly points in that direction.

There will be no more new applicants for next season. Therefore the new applicant thread will be a little quiet again until next year. I think that's what you meant to say.

It's 18 to prevent any current member clubs dropping two tiers in one season. I would assume it will drop back to 16 in time.

It could have been done where both bottom clubs in the Conferences dropped two tiers, but it isn't really a biggy IMO.

Thanks for confirming my post. In future given there's no more Junior clubs to come over, then you're probably back to a handful of applicants per season again from Amateur/Community Club ranks rather than large influxes. Common sense tells you that.

On 09/05/2021 at 19:07, Burnieman said:
On 09/05/2021 at 19:06, FairWeatherFan said:
So if there's no new applicants the Third Division is stuck on 9 teams?

Seems that way, maybe could recruit some Colt teams to make up the numbers....

This is being done to get it right up certain West Lothian clubs that wanted to enter the pyramid through the east region and recently contemplated a move to the WoS before that escape route was blocked. Petty blazer politics at its worst on display on both sides of that equation. Would have been better to use the other option to wipe the slate clean and turn the page.

This is being done to get it right up certain West Lothian clubs that wanted to enter the pyramid through the east region and recently contemplated a move to the WoS before that escape route was blocked. Petty blazer politics at its worst on display on both sides of that equation.

Total bollocks again from you [emoji23]

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is being done to get it right up certain West Lothian clubs that wanted to enter the pyramid through the east region and recently contemplated a move to the WoS before that escape route was blocked. Petty blazer politics at its worst on display on both sides of that equation. Would have been better to use the other option to wipe the slate clean and turn the page.

If 88% voted for the 2021-22 structure I don't think petty blazer politics can be blamed.

19 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There will be no more next applicants for next season. Therefore the new applicant thread will be a little quiet again until next year. I think that's what you meant to say.

That, Tayside was resolved, and there's no longer a semi-pro league operating outside the pyramid in the same area.

So all the speculation that keeps the thread active has been reduced to plucking random amateurs wondering "Do they play in a cage?" or for a Border football revival.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

escape route being blocked? The west lothian clubs will be happy to be playing each other while Harthill are venturing to Campbeltown. twice the distance than it is to Tweedmouth and coldstream

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Seems pretty simple and has been exactly what the new applicant clubs were expecting to happen. So there's been no curveballs.

I'd rather been in Conference X 2021-22 and knowing with certainty i'll be a member of the EoSFL in 2022-23. Instead of being in the WoSFL for 2021-22 and potentially kicked back to where I came from if I haven't met the ground criteria with not enough clubs left to keep the "Development Division" going.