EoS Structure for 2021/22

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

I never understood why there was no proposal just to carry the season forward to next season and play it out. So you restart in July with current tables.
Any new teams then play in a new lowest league.
This would have meant far less fixtures to play in the event of any further complications that would create the same shitstorm for the 3rd year in a row.

Sensible suggestion which could still be actioned ?

Can't see the blackburn belter liking that though

Edited by Truthteller

1 hour ago, SecretCEO said:

With the South African variant of the virus now stalking London, and the Brazilian variant still to come, I'd be looking to start a deliberate half-season as soon as possible.

Keep the current (WoS and) EoS divisions, plus the newbies in their own division, play every opponent just once, then have relegation and promotion and merge from the conferences into new divisions.

At the very least it would allow for a bit of catching up this summer. If the virus is not too bad in the autumn, then go again with a new half-season.

But, then, I'm in favour of the Lowland League relegating 5, and the WoS and EoS promoting 5 each to form a not-necessarily-licenced Lowland League 2 - so maybe you should ignore what I think.

Any sniff of the words virus/variant  will have the blackburn belter asking for null and void 

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...depending of course on the current league position of Blackburn United relative to the promotion or relegation places

Resorted to trolling now, the downward spiral continues 😂

1 hour ago, Truthteller said:

image.jpeg.21c040eef09564e89afb2f2291ac22ab.jpegimage.jpeg.21c040eef09564e89afb2f2291ac22ab.jpeg

If Burnieman's side were playing in England at their Steps 6 they'd have a good chance of being promoted based upon the results from 20/21 and 2019/20 being combined and placings decided on PPG. All done retrospectively after the English FA has just decided to go back and cancel all of the previous Null and Void decisions which were made previously. They're now looking to promote 60 clubs from Step 6 to Step 5 as part of a delayed (by covid) restructuring process. 

Of course, this means that no-one extra is relegated so it's not quite the same as the EoS situation.

Maybe the SFA should impose PPG based upon the last two part seasons league results with consequent promotions and relegations and play-offs. That would be fun! Just joking as the SFA which runs Scottish football doesn't have any powers to run Scottish football when it comes to anything about leagues run themselves or interact with other leagues under SFA jurisdiction. Now, that is a joke.

Edited by Dev

1 hour ago, Dev said:

If Burnieman's side were playing in England at their Steps 6 they'd have a good chance of being promoted based upon the results from 20/21 and 2019/20 being combined and placings decided on PPG. All done retrospectively after the English FA has just decided to go back and cancel all of the previous Null and Void decisions which were made previously. They're now looking to promote 60 clubs from Step 6 to Step 5 as part of a delayed (by covid) restructuring process. 

Of course, this means that no-one extra is relegated so it's not quite the same as the EoS situation.

Maybe the SFA should impose PPG based upon the last two part seasons league results with consequent promotions and relegations and play-offs. That would be fun! Just joking as the SFA which runs Scottish football doesn't have any powers to run Scottish football when it comes to anything about leagues run themselves or interact with other leagues under SFA jurisdiction. Now, that is a joke.

Be careful what you wish for.  In England the leagues exist in name only, and allocation of clubs is determined year to year by the English FA.  As the most north-westerly club in the oversubscribed WoS, Clydebank would be prime targets for transfer to the undersubscribed NCL.

12 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

Be careful what you wish for.  In England the leagues exist in name only, and allocation of clubs is determined year to year by the English FA.  As the most north-westerly club in the oversubscribed WoS, Clydebank would be prime targets for transfer to the undersubscribed NCL.

Vale of Leven are further north west than Clydebank. In fact so are Port Glasgow and Greenock although they're on the other side of the river.

48 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

That will come as news to all of those who run the independent leagues.

The FA do oversee promotions (to maintain standards), and can move clubs to maintain a geographical balance. They have also persuaded the leagues to use a standard set of rules, which wouldn't be a bad idea in Scotland.

19 hours ago, sdr71 said:

I think that the HL territory would be nearer than the NCL.

You're right the English Steps leagues are controlled tightly by the FA. There's pluses and minuses to that, similar to the independent leagues in Scotland being good and bad at times. In any case the Pyramid is moving along much quicker than most expected, which is very encouraging.

19 hours ago, glensmad said:

Vale of Leven are further north west than Clydebank. In fact so are Port Glasgow and Greenock although they're on the other side of the river.

Hey! Come on just think of those rainy Tuesday evenings in Wick. Who could resist.

As the league has been friendly and unselfish during its' recent great expansion I hope that this will continue and it will be equally welcoming to those East Junior which are likely to be entering the league this time around.

I hope that they will be treated on playing strength merit and not unduly held back from finding their true place in the league structure.

Now I know this isn't EoS, or even Scotland, and there are vast differences between Scotland and England but this is from my local league. Which are the 9th tier of English football, step 5 of the non-league system...

https://theucl.co.uk/2021/04/13/ucl-to-expand/

There were big changes planned anyway at the end of the 2019/20 season in England and these changes got postponed one season. I thought there were a few things in the link which might interest some as we've debated on them in recent years and others very recently on here as regards the Scottish non-league set-up. I thought it might be of interest to some...

Feel free to ignore if it doesn't interest!

5 hours ago, andrew21 said:

The only people that have held them back from finding their true place so far are the folk in charge of their own clubs.

FWIW. Fair comment.

There comes a time, though, when that needs to become history and that's my view - and the sooner the better too.

This would also help the currently less competitive clubs to get to a situation where there's less chance of them getting hammered each week. It would also make for a strong First Division - so clubs fearing relegation from the Premier will still have competitive matches throughout the season, compared to now where there are a number of relative mis-matches.

Best bite the bullet now and get it over with.

Thank fully we can all look forward now to a new season  ,

The topic now will be what will the set up be 

Premier as is ( with maybe a team coming down from LL ?) 

Below that surely if a team requests to be put in the bottom league that would be allowed ?

I recall when the juniors 1st moved some teams were getting crunched by double figures every week  ! 

read someones post that  all new entrants going to 1 league below the 2 existing conferences ? 

Hopefully some of the stronger entrants can be moved up and some of the weaker eos teams can be allowed to move down as weekly thrashing helps nobody 

Saying that just playing any games safely again will be a bonus for everyone as most if not all will have had at least 1 jag by then 

keep safe and roll on July 17th 

5 minutes ago, Scrappydoo said:

Thank fully we can all look forward now to a new season  ,

The topic now will be what will the set up be 

Premier as is ( with maybe a team coming down from LL ?) 

Below that surely if a team requests to be put in the bottom league that would be allowed ?

I recall when the juniors 1st moved some teams were getting crunched by double figures every week  ! 

read someones post that  all new entrants going to 1 league below the 2 existing conferences ? 

Hopefully some of the stronger entrants can be moved up and some of the weaker eos teams can be allowed to move down as weekly thrashing helps nobody 

Saying that just playing any games safely again will be a bonus for everyone as most if not all will have had at least 1 jag by then 

keep safe and roll on July 17th 

Unless it's Blackburn

1 hour ago, Dev said:

FWIW. Fair comment.

There comes a time, though, when that needs to become history and that's my view - and the sooner the better too.

This would also help the currently less competitive clubs to get to a situation where there's less chance of them getting hammered each week. It would also make for a strong First Division - so clubs fearing relegation from the Premier will still have competitive matches throughout the season, compared to now where there are a number of relative mis-matches.

Best bite the bullet now and get it over with.

The only reason I can see for merging the new applicants and First Division Conference teams is more about scheduling. Conference teams will be playing 28-30 league games. While new applicants would be 22 league games if they all get in without complicating a home and away schedule.

3 First Divisions of 14-15 could allow for the return of Alex Jack Cup and King Cup. With the Qualifying and League Cups put on the backburner for another season.

The competitive argument doesn't hold with me. The new applicants wouldn't make a significant difference to the quality of the First Division in 2022-23 and for the less competitive clubs it doesn't matter if they're spread across two or three Conferences next season they would face the same challenges.

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The only reason I can see for merging the new applicants and First Division Conference teams is more about scheduling. Conference teams will be playing 28-30 league games. While new applicants would be 22 league games if they all get in without complicating a home and away schedule.

3 First Divisions of 14-15 could allow for the return of Alex Jack Cup and King Cup. With the Qualifying and League Cups put on the backburner for another season.

The competitive argument doesn't hold with me. The new applicants wouldn't make a significant difference to the quality of the First Division in 2022-23 and for the less competitive clubs it doesn't matter if they're spread across two or three Conferences next season they would face the same challenges.

For the less competitive clubs next season needs to be last one where they are in for some mismatches. How that's done is open to different ideas.