EoS Structure for 2021/22

48 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

The clubs who voted to null and void should be identified and not allowed to play friendlies in May or June

Apparently due to clubs voting null and void  no games/friendlies will take place in may June and the league is possibly pushed back further 

basically the league saying right shitebags you didnt want to finish the league so you can’t have friendlies either 

well done to the clubs who voted null and void were even further away from football 

24 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Just for your own good really.  Hardly anyone agrees with your points. Reading an A4 sheet of text isn't that demanding, for most people.

You're the most agitated and demanding poster on this thread - I'm curious as to why you're so animated about something that doesn't affect your club in the slightest... what's your vested interest?

He wants a pyramid structure 

he said that right from the word go 

keep up 

6 minutes ago, Anychance said:

Apparently due to clubs voting null and void  no games/friendlies will take place in may June and the league is possibly pushed back further 

basically the league saying right shitebags you didnt want to finish the league so you can’t have friendlies either 

well done to the clubs who voted null and void were even further away from football 

What rule  allows them to forbid friendlies?

Yeah, let's act as if there is no difference in some pre-season friendlies to get ready for a league season and getting a league up to 50% by cramming as many fixtures as possible in a short time (which would still require a few weeks preparation for players to get match fit). 🙄

1 hour ago, Truthteller said:

The clubs who voted to null and void should be identified and not allowed to play friendlies in May or June

That would be as silly as forcing the clubs who voted to continue to have to cram in all those fixtures in June too 😂

3 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

That would be as silly as forcing the clubs who voted to continue to have to cram in all those fixtures in June too 😂

No club would be forced, clubs could play whenever they wish, plenty of teams (11 who said yes to continue plus ? number of teams who maybe wish to play but were not allowed to vote)

2 hours ago, Truthteller said:

Same risk or does the covid only apply to league and cup games ?

You think the decision to null and void was taking with the risk of catching covid the only factor

13 minutes ago, magoo said:

You think the decision to null and void was taking with the risk of catching covid the only factor

No, I think the main factors were that some in the premier didn't want to be drawn into the relegation battle for the fourth bottom place (let's be honest the bottom 3 were gone).

The clubs who were eligible to vote in the top half of both the conferences wanted to play to the 50% threshold.

The remaining clubs in the conferences who were struggling and had little or no chance of making it to a new first division opted to null and void in order to get a second chance at getting in to the proposed new first division.

Simple really. 

1 hour ago, Truthteller said:

No, I think the main factors were that some in the premier didn't want to be drawn into the relegation battle for the fourth bottom place (let's be honest the bottom 3 were gone).

The clubs who were eligible to vote in the top half of both the conferences wanted to play to the 50% threshold.

The remaining clubs in the conferences who were struggling and had little or no chance of making it to a new first division opted to null and void in order to get a second chance at getting in to the proposed new first division.

Simple really. 

Certainly is simple 29 - 11 👍

5 hours ago, Truthteller said:

Simple really. 

As simple as understanding tbe difference between a congested league campaign and the opportunity to play friendly/training games 

13 hours ago, GordonS said:

A few thoughts...

1) It's democratic because everyone entitled to a vote got a vote. Everyone knew that you don't get a vote in the first year when they joined, and everyone that joined had the same rule.

2) If any club had wanted new clubs to be able to vote in their first year they could have proposed that. AFAIK no club did. So what you're arguing for is a vote in breach of the EoSFL constitution. What's that word you're fond of? Shambles?

3) Even if every club that wasn't able to vote had voted, and had voted for your favoured option, you'd still have lost. You're venting anger over something that would literally have made zero difference anyway.

4) Of course your opinion is for the benefit of the pyramid. Everyone's is. But you're choosing to assuming that your opinion is the only valid one and all others are wrong. Not just wrong, corrupt. That's really, really disrespectful. The decision made wasn't the one I would have chosen either, but this was an issue with no wrong answers and I respect the right of all the clubs to come to their own conclusions. If you can't see how it's fair enough to prefer to end the season now, save the players from a frenzy of football in June, save the clubs from losing more money with matches behind closed doors and be more ready for the new season in July, then it's because you're choosing not to.

5) You're alleging that those who voted null and void did so out of self-interest, but that couldn't possibly explain the overwhelming vote in favour of it. There are obviously clubs who thought this was the right way to go even though it wasn't in their interests.

6) As an official of a member club I think it's pretty inappropriate to be as insulting to other member clubs and to league officials as you've been.

A couple of thoughts:

*You are a pompous little bigot and shame on anyone greening your posts after your horror postings the other day.

*I agree with all 6 points above.

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

A couple of thoughts:

*You are a pompous little bigot and shame on anyone greening your posts after your horror postings the other day.

*I agree with all 6 points above.

10 greens for a post about the EoSFL.

All on topic 8mile.

No shame there for anyone. 

If there are horror postings I haven't seen any on this part of p&b.

Then again I must be in a minority and just like reading stuff about football especially non league and very rarely venture anywhere else. 

I never understood why there was no proposal just to carry the season forward to next season and play it out. So you restart in July with current tables.
Any new teams then play in a new lowest league.
This would have meant far less fixtures to play in the event of any further complications that would create the same shitstorm for the 3rd year in a row.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

I never understood why there was no proposal just to carry the season forward to next season and play it out. So you restart in July with current tables.
Any new teams then play in a new lowest league.
This would have meant far less fixtures to play in the event of any further complications that would create the same shitstorm for the 3rd year in a row.

I take it any of the clubs involved could've proposed this at the time when it was all discussed that season had to get passed a certain amount of games?

I'm a lot more confident now that there will be no 3rd shitstorm with all the vaccinations. 

Going back to the vote and somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the EoSFL has 49 teams at present wi 40 getting a vote.  The 9 teams that missed out on a vote wouldn't have changed the result? 

43 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Going back to the vote and somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the EoSFL has 49 teams at present wi 40 getting a vote.  The 9 teams that missed out on a vote wouldn't have changed the result? 

Correct, the 9 new teams don't get a vote in their first season. Even if they would all have voted for continuation, N&V would still have won comfortably (29-20).

With the South African variant of the virus now stalking London, and the Brazilian variant still to come, I'd be looking to start a deliberate half-season as soon as possible.

Keep the current (WoS and) EoS divisions, plus the newbies in their own division, play every opponent just once, then have relegation and promotion and merge from the conferences into new divisions.

At the very least it would allow for a bit of catching up this summer. If the virus is not too bad in the autumn, then go again with a new half-season.

But, then, I'm in favour of the Lowland League relegating 5, and the WoS and EoS promoting 5 each to form a not-necessarily-licenced Lowland League 2 - so maybe you should ignore what I think.

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

10 greens for a post about the EoSFL.

All on topic 8mile.

No shame there for anyone. 

If there are horror postings I haven't seen any on this part of p&b.

Then again I must be in a minority and just like reading stuff about football especially non league and very rarely venture anywhere else. 

Tongue-in-cheek remark ffs. Green/red who and what you like. Maybe avoid the Prince Philip thread though.

Edited by 8MileBU