EoS Structure for 2021/22

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

The vote was about declaring the season null and void or restart after 17th May.   The season is now finished.

With respect to Burnieman - I don't disagree with your views on this but - [1]   this is what the EoS stated on 9th April (see below): [2] the question which I flagged up about PPG has been raised by a club on social media.

It is clear that PPG isn't mentioned but it would have helped if the EoS board had stated that null and void didn't only mean "we'll stop playing now" but also that no league games already played will be taken into account and there will be no league tables for the season and so no PPG.

No doubt some clubs will have read it as you describe but there's an absence of clarity over PPG - unless you have a statement from the league to the contrary.

East of Scotland Football League on Twitter: "The current position on season 2020/21 following last night's board meeting - clubs to vote on their preference by 4pm Sunday. https://t.co/CWkDB7mOyG" / Twitter

7 minutes ago, Dev said:

With respect to Burnieman - I don't disagree with your views on this but - [1]   this is what the EoS stated on 9th April (see below): [2] the question which I flagged up about PPG has been raised by a club on social media.

It is clear that PPG isn't mentioned but it would have helped if the EoS board had stated that null and void didn't only mean "we'll stop playing now" but also that no league games already played will be taken into account and there will be no league tables for the season and so no PPG.

No doubt some clubs will have read it as you describe but there's an absence of clarity over PPG - unless you have a statement from the league to the contrary.

East of Scotland Football League on Twitter: "The current position on season 2020/21 following last night's board meeting - clubs to vote on their preference by 4pm Sunday. https://t.co/CWkDB7mOyG" / Twitter

Please stop 🙈

Edited by Burnieman

13 hours ago, bluebell1 said:

It’s not democratic when certain clubs aren’t allowed to vote surely. My opinion is on the benefit of the pyramid. Am not looking at it from a bluebell perspective.  You and burnie should maybe look at it outwith your club perspective 

A few thoughts...

1) It's democratic because everyone entitled to a vote got a vote. Everyone knew that you don't get a vote in the first year when they joined, and everyone that joined had the same rule.

2) If any club had wanted new clubs to be able to vote in their first year they could have proposed that. AFAIK no club did. So what you're arguing for is a vote in breach of the EoSFL constitution. What's that word you're fond of? Shambles?

3) Even if every club that wasn't able to vote had voted, and had voted for your favoured option, you'd still have lost. You're venting anger over something that would literally have made zero difference anyway.

4) Of course your opinion is for the benefit of the pyramid. Everyone's is. But you're choosing to assuming that your opinion is the only valid one and all others are wrong. Not just wrong, corrupt. That's really, really disrespectful. The decision made wasn't the one I would have chosen either, but this was an issue with no wrong answers and I respect the right of all the clubs to come to their own conclusions. If you can't see how it's fair enough to prefer to end the season now, save the players from a frenzy of football in June, save the clubs from losing more money with matches behind closed doors and be more ready for the new season in July, then it's because you're choosing not to.

5) You're alleging that those who voted null and void did so out of self-interest, but that couldn't possibly explain the overwhelming vote in favour of it. There are obviously clubs who thought this was the right way to go even though it wasn't in their interests.

6) As an official of a member club I think it's pretty inappropriate to be as insulting to other member clubs and to league officials as you've been.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

A few thoughts...

1) It's democratic because everyone entitled to a vote got a vote. Everyone knew that you don't get a vote in the first year when they joined, and everyone that joined had the same rule.

2) If any club had wanted new clubs to be able to vote in their first year they could have proposed that. AFAIK no club did. So what you're arguing for is a vote in breach of the EoSFL constitution. What's that word you're fond of? Shambles?

3) Even if every club that wasn't able to vote had voted, and had voted for your favoured option, you'd still have lost. You're venting anger over something that would literally have made zero difference anyway.

4) Of course your opinion is for the benefit of the pyramid. Everyone's is. But you're choosing to assuming that your opinion is the only valid one and all others are wrong. Not just wrong, corrupt. That's really, really disrespectful. The decision made wasn't the one I would have chosen either, but this was an issue with no wrong answers and I respect the right of all the clubs to come to their own conclusions. If you can't see how it's fair enough to prefer to end the season now, save the players from a frenzy of football in June, save the clubs from losing more money with matches behind closed doors and be more ready for the new season in July, then it's because you're choosing not to.

5) You're alleging that those who voted null and void did so out of self-interest, but that couldn't possibly explain the overwhelming vote in favour of it. There are obviously clubs who thought this was the right way to go even though it wasn't in their interests.

6) As an official of a member club I think it's pretty inappropriate to be as insulting to other member clubs and to league officials as you've been.

Deluded

1 hour ago, Dev said:

My first thought was that no-one who didn't understand "null and void" could possibly be in a decision-making capacity at a club.

Then I remembered this is Scottish football ...

15 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

My first thought was that no-one who didn't understand "null and void" could possibly be in a decision-making capacity at a club.

See social media quotes attributed to The Leith Athletic chairman.  he's still banging on about asking for PPG.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

A few thoughts...

Don’t think I have been insulting to anyone just offering an opinion which differs from others.  If any other club thinks that what I have said is insulting well so be it, a won’t lose sleep over it.  It’s an opinion.  

A don’t agree with everything the league officials do either but don’t hide and happily tell them my opinion. I certainly don’t think calling the decision a shambles is insulting. It’s my belief. I also never mentioned the word corrupt you did.

A still firmly believe voting across all of Scottish football not just the eosl is always done with self interest and not for the good of the game/pyramid.  I am also a firm believer that an elected management committee should be empowered to make all decisions without asking clubs to vote.

I also felt the season should never have started but we did start and I believe we should have played 50% to determine relegation and promotion on the park but this hasn’t been agreed and I accept it.  No shouting for another vote from me but I also think the rule that clubs can’t vote for a year when joining is wrong and needs addressed.

A don’t know the ins and outs of the league constitution and in all honesty am no that interested in it. But you whoever you are seem to have a grasp of it and if there’s proper channels for change of current rules then a think that needs to happen in the correct format you have alluded to.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Dev .... it's Null AND Void

With the season now voided we are back to the same position we were in before a ball was kicked.
You could look at the league table and all the teams would be there, in alphabetical order.
If we were to promote a team at the top on that basis THEN things would really kick off on this forum 😂😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

By all accounts the LL board had to be told that they couldn't nominate a champion for a season after a null and void.

13 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Another wee query, since some clubs have voted not to play in may or June. I would assume there will be no friendlies taking place during this period from said clubs.

Nice question, this could be interesting 

29 teams without any games in May and June, are they going to cram in 2 games a week from the 1st of July and put the players at risk of burning the players out, tut tut ?

Edited by Truthteller

Another wee query, since some clubs have voted not to play in may or June. I would assume there will be no friendlies taking place during this period from said clubs.

Perhaps just letting it go is prudent for you now? The decision has been made and your repeated carping is beyond embarrassing for both you and your club.