EoS Structure for 2021/22

9 minutes ago, Auld duffer said:
53 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
I believe the feeling is existing clubs should get the chance of Premier and First places for 22/23 ahead of new members. Think WoS looking at doing similar.

It has to be Tier 8 for newly accepted clubs

Following this scenario what happens to the 12 applicant clubs placed in Tier 8 at the end of the 2021/22 season? Do they remain at Tier 8 for the 2022/23 season and are joined by the 16 or so clubs that finished bottom of the Tier 7 conferences? So the 28 clubs and any new additions form 2 Conferences at Tier 8 for 2023/24? Regionalised conferences would make sense?

Following this scenario what happens to the 12 applicant clubs placed in Tier 8 at the end of the 2021/22 season? Do they remain at Tier 8 for the 2022/23 season and are joined by the 16 or so clubs that finished bottom of the Tier 7 conferences? So the 28 clubs and any new additions form 2 Conferences at Tier 8 for 2023/24? Regionalised conferences would make sense?
Not sure, I'd image the top 2 or 3 would qualify for the new Second division and the rest the Third. I'd like to see the winner qualify for a space in the First.

Premier-First-Second-Third looks like the format for 22/23.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

If it's 11 new clubs then a nice even 3x14 conferences (perhaps with a caveat that new clubs can't get promoted to the Premier Division like the WOS are doing) would seem like a better option than 18-16/15-11...

Agreed. I prefer this scenario but with 12 new clubs providing they meet the entry criteria.

Edited by Pyramidic

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure, I'd image the top 2 or 3 would qualify for the new Second division and the rest the Third. I'd like to see the winner qualify for a space in the First.

Premier-First-Second-Third looks like the format for 22/23.

But Eyemouth and Tweedmouth would be Tier 8 Second Division and Bathgate and Whitburn etc could end up Tier 9 Third Division. Will not reflect relative strengths.

2 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

But Eyemouth and Tweedmouth would be Tier 8 Second Division and Bathgate and Whitburn etc could end up Tier 9 Third Division. Will not reflect relative strengths.

Edinburgh University and VoL are in the LL and Linlithgow and Penicuik in the EoS.   The Pyramid will take time to level out, and if the new members are too good for the tier that they are in, they'll soon move up.

39 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Or promote Jeanfield to round the number in the LL up to 18.

There is then then the issue of whether all 12 applicant clubs are accepted to the EOSFL. 

I’m not sure they can promote Jeanfield given that null and void has been declared.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:
1 hour ago, Ginaro said:
If it's 11 new clubs then a nice even 3x14 conferences (perhaps with a caveat that new clubs can't get promoted to the Premier Division like the WOS are doing) would seem like a better option than 18-16/15-11...

I believe the feeling is existing clubs should get the chance of Premier and First places for 22/23 ahead of new members. Think WoS looking at doing similar.

Well that's easy to fix as surely you just you make the new clubs ineligible to be placed in the Premier or First for 22/23 then? That covers all bases - the top 4/5 current EOS teams in each Conference make up the First Division (like they would've done had this season been completed). The best ex-Juniors fit in the Second Division, and the worst clubs from both filter down into the Third Division.

Slight complication would be three Conference winners getting promoted as that would relegate another Premier team over and above the likely four this season. But you could auto promote the two with the best record, and put the third into a play-off with 14th in the Premier instead?

20 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Edinburgh University and VoL are in the LL and Linlithgow and Penicuik in the EoS.   The Pyramid will take time to level out, and if the new members are too good for the tier that they are in, they'll soon move up.

I fear for the lower strength sides such as Eyemouth. I want them to survive and by keeping them artificially at a higher level their life support system may be turned off. They need to play at a level where they are not taking a tanking every other week. A quick route to the bottom tier will assist their survival in my view.

Edinburgh Uni, only just survive. Their players get no money, and no expenses. Their facilities are very very good, but any money they get goes on upkeep of park and their mini-bus.

Vale, chose not to play various games and for more aren't good enough for Lowland.

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Piecing together info I have, this is potentially how things could look for next season, and how teams could qualify for what levels in 2022/23  (usual caveats apply re LL relegation)

202122format.jpg

How can you promote Leith and Heriot Watt if the season has been declared null and void ? BELTER 

17 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

How can you promote Leith and Heriot Watt if the season has been declared null and void ? BELTER 

Need to do something. Can't have another season of conferences. The sooner we get a premier-1st-2nd-3rd structure in place, the better.

24 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

He’s not. He’s showing what will happen for the 22-23 season if the teams finished in the same positions as they were in this year. 

It’s just an example.

20 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Absolute shambles, it wasn’t an egm or an sgm or an agm but only certain clubs were allowed to vote.  A 34 or 36 game season for the premier next season. Who knows ?  Aw the best with that getting completed. 

Just like you weren't allowed to vote during the first year of your EoS membership either 🙄

3 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

He’s not. He’s showing what will happen for the 22-23 season if the teams finished in the same positions as they were in this year. 

It’s just an example.

That's not what he said, he said next season and as far as I am aware that is season 2021/2022 and it starts on 1st July 2021

26 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Absolute shambles, it wasn’t an egm or an sgm or an agm but only certain clubs were allowed to vote.  A 34 or 36 game season for the premier next season. Who knows ?  Aw the best with that getting completed. 

You got ur vote so it was democratic. Your club is no worse off and no better off, as is every club. Stop moaning FFS. At least we all know what’s happening now.