EoS Structure for 2021/22

I realise that, but the Conferences have fewer games on average to play then the Premier (5.75 and 5.6).
It's also possible that not all of the board agreed though (given there's no mention of unanimous).
Suppose we've only got 26 hours to find out.
I wonder how many in the conferences would just settle for just them getting to 50% just to sort out Division 1 and Division 2 for next season?

21 hours ago, Che Dail said:

The 50% fixtures are for all the leagues, not just the Premier. 

Kenny does the fixtures (expertly) and is on the Board. The Board says it is not feasible. We must assume that the Board have taken Kenny's input into account.

Whilst adept at fixture conundrums, to my knowledge, he is not a Sports Scientist. We should respect his judgement on fixtures, but probably defer to someone else when it comes to deciding if 2, 4, or 6 weeks is a reasonable time-frame for idle 'elite' athletes to safely return to competitive football.

Board members are also experienced in club financial management, and will also fully understand the difficulties in pitch maintenance and repair with increased usage in such a short space of time.  And the preparation required for a re-start shortly after. Grass pitches will be done within a month or two.

Point is, the board members possess a broad range of practical experience and between them they have agreed that it is simply not feasible, within the current constraints, to finish the season.

It is reckless and foolish to think differently and ignore this advice. 

As for the vote... clearly a collective bad decision was made previously.  Making the same mistakes and expecting different results is daft.  

So, I think the majority of clubs will not want to continue the season causing further damage to their business, for very little return.

Jesus Christ you want to protect the pitches now 

On 08/04/2021 at 19:00, 8MileBU said:

On what grounds was Syngenta’s application to play out of Grangemouth Stadium rejected? Anyone know? It was deemed fit for senior clubs youth teams to play once upon a time. Just seems bizarre that Syngenta’s application was ever rejected now that Edinburgh City are moving back to Meadowbank.

Personally, if it were me I’d far rather share a ground with an athletics club than some sleekit squatters that also play football. 

B0F15AF0-2228-44CA-8467-D377ED1E3C1D.jpeg

Whatever happens today, while we may agree or disagree, we need to accept the result of the votes cast and move on! Hopefully at the end of 2021-22 we have a league table reflective of a full season played with no ‘dubiety’ of places in league tables. 

41 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

St Andrews United have publicly confirmed a vote for Null and Void.

I would be amazed if that wasn’t the case for the majority of clubs.

It mentions full members, those being all clubs except the 9 who joined at the start of the season?

Next decision is how do the new clubs that will be accepted at the end of the month get integrated into the EOS...

Edited by Ginaro

"Following a vote among the Full Member Clubs of the East of Scotland Football League it is now confirmed that Season 2020/21 is declared null & void. The Clubs voted for this course of action by a majority of 73% to 27%."

Let the speculation commence.

It mentions full members, those being all clubs except the 9 who joined at the start of the season?
Next decision is how do the new clubs that will be accepted at the end of the month get integrated into the EOS...
Dunno, I just know it's null and void.

As for next season, the proposal is apparently for the new clubs to enter at tier 8 below the existing Conferences.

1 minute ago, Saints1921 said:

Since the result of the vote is not confidential - 29 voted for null and void, 11 voted to play half a dozen games in June.

That answers my question then because 49 clubs minus 9 new ones = 40 that voted.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

As for next season, the proposal is apparently for the new clubs to enter at tier 8 below the existing Conferences.

If it's 11 new clubs then a nice even 3x14 conferences (perhaps with a caveat that new clubs can't get promoted to the Premier Division like the WOS are doing) would seem like a better option than 18-16/15-11...

If it's 11 new clubs then a nice even 3x14 conferences (perhaps with a caveat that new clubs can't get promoted to the Premier Division like the WOS are doing) would seem like a better option than 18-16/15-11...
I believe the feeling is existing clubs should get the chance of Premier and First places for 22/23 ahead of new members. Think WoS looking at doing similar.

4 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

It will be interesting if the LL now relegate VoL to ensure they get back to 16 clubs for next season, which would of course cause an issue for the EoS!

Or promote Jeanfield to round the number in the LL up to 18.

There is then then the issue of whether all 12 applicant clubs are accepted to the EOSFL.