EoS Structure for 2021/22

On what grounds was Syngenta’s application to play out of Grangemouth Stadium rejected? Anyone know? It was deemed fit for senior clubs youth teams to play once upon a time. Just seems bizarre that Syngenta’s application was ever rejected now that Edinburgh City are moving back to Meadowbank.
Personally, if it were me I’d far rather share a ground with an athletics club than some sleekit squatters that also play football. 
Syngenta's proposal was a very last minute ground share with Dunipace after telling the EoS it was Grangemouth.

5 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

That is so annoying. How could such an oversight arise? The club not watching the ball or a cost cutting exercise by the Council? I assume the Leisure Services or whatever they are called at Edinburgh City Council have overseen the scheme.

Worth noting Edinburgh city had a big fight just for the stadium to be built to license/spfl standards. Something that looked unlikely until about a month ago.  Given that was a struggle the back pitch would have been a massive struggle.

If Edinburgh city are intending to use medowbank for first team + u20s + a possible reserve side on top of athletics(which seems to be the main priority of Edinburgh leisure)  I don't see much room for Leith. 

9 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

One of many many clubs being held back if null and void is declared mate. Only winners will be VoL and the 4 clubs avoiding relegation from Premier. 

Their time will come. No doubt about that. It’s an unfortunate  set of circumstances for everyone

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Worth noting Edinburgh city had a big fight just for the stadium to be built to license/spfl standards. Something that looked unlikely until about a month ago.  Given that was a struggle the back pitch would have been a massive struggle.

If Edinburgh city are intending to use medowbank for first team + u20s + a possible reserve side on top of athletics(which seems to be the main priority of Edinburgh leisure)  I don't see much room for Leith. 

Thanks for the informed feedback.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

On what grounds was Syngenta’s application to play out of Grangemouth Stadium rejected? Anyone know? It was deemed fit for senior clubs youth teams to play once upon a time. Just seems bizarre that Syngenta’s application was ever rejected now that Edinburgh City are moving back to Meadowbank.

Personally, if it were me I’d far rather share a ground with an athletics club than some sleekit squatters that also play football. 

Think your wish is about to come true

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:
3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Syngenta's proposal was a very last minute ground share with Dunipace after telling the EoS it was Grangemouth.

Did Grangemouth Stadium tell Syngenta to bolt like? 

11 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Did Grangemouth Stadium tell Syngenta to bolt like? 

Was it not Little Kerse that was deemed unsuitable by the EoS with the Syngenta proposal forcing them to scramble to find something else? They seem to be using Grangemouth Stadium as the basis for their application this time around so whatever the issue was that forced them to go to Dunipace has presumably been sorted.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, kleptomaniac said:

No whispers from last night's Board meeting then?  I mean it's not as if the clubs need to know eh?

Either null and void or resume season to 50% , PPG isn't an option,  clubs to vote by Sunday is what I've heard.

3 minutes ago, Halfwit8 said:

Either null and void or resume season to 50% , PPG isn't an option,  clubs to vote by Sunday is what I've heard.

Spotted this on EOS website so now its a club poll ?

Private Pages
Please note that access to Private Pages has been temporarily disabled for those Association and League Members not entitled to vote in the end of season poll.

29 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Was it not Little Kerse that was deemed unsuitable by the EoS with the Syngenta proposal forcing them to scramble to find something else? They seem to be using Grangemouth Stadium as the basis for their application this time around so whatever the issue was that forced them to go to Dunipace has presumably been sorted.

You’re right. Little Kerse wasn’t deemed suitable by the EOS so Syngenta did a last minute deal with dunipave which only became apparent on the night of the AGM.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Good to see it is being done democratically based on current circumstances.

Have to disagree on this one.

All the clubs will do is vote on what’s best for them individually rather than what’s best for the game or the pyramid. So those clubs who are near the top of the table will want to continue. Those near the bottom will want null and void.

The board should have made the decision last night.

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Good to see it is being done democratically based on current circumstances.

It’s not really a decision though, given they appear to have ruled out PPG? I don’t think there is much appetite for games to start back after 17th May.

2 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

All the clubs will do is vote on what’s best for them individually rather than what’s best for the game or the pyramid. So those clubs who are near the top of the table will want to continue. Those near the bottom will want null and void.

Can definitely see where you are coming from on that.

1 minute ago, patriot1 said:

Not so sure of that if 50% also means avoiding another year of First Division Conferences. Only bottom of the Premier would maybe opt for null and avoid. Bottom of the two Conferences might be more likely to vote for playing on as it could mean a regionalised Second Division.

Looks like next season, new members clubs will be placed into their own division below the two Conferences, and won't be eligible for a Premier or First Division spot.

The structure for 2022-23 will be  Premier-First-Second-Third as things stand.

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Looks like next season, new members clubs will be placed into their own division below the two Conferences, and won't be eligible for a Premier or First Division spot.

The structure for 2022-23 will be  Premier-First-Second-Third as things stand.

Similar to what the WoS has discussed for new clubs.

Edited by Dev

7 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Can only be a good thing if we complete to 50

On the EoS fb page: "In the Board's opinion, it is now not feasible to restart the season in time to complete fifty percent of fixtures."

I'd fully expect the majority of clubs to agree.