EoS Structure for 2021/22

17 minutes ago, Dev said:

Sorry. Don't think that would be the best way forward but we'll see what happens.

It's the way forward that was agreed by everyone at the start to deal with exactly this outcome.  I cannot understand why anyone can be surprised at the current situation, which was entirely predictable given the forecasts for a second wave of COVID.  

With the benefit of foresight,  which we all should have had based on information readily available,  and the fact that this level of football quite clearly is not elite or professional sport,  the season should not have started at all - a view shared by many. 

No supporters, no dressing rooms, massively reduced income: clubs have already suffered financial loss because of the foolhardy majority, why should they be punished further for their position in a league that is null and void?

Promote Jeanfield, by all means - they probably deserve it for their efforts not just over the 2/3 years seasons in EoS, but also the way they steadily improved year on year in the East Juniors in a sustainable manner - they'd be a worthy addition to the Lowland League.  If EoS were to nominate them as champion I don't think anyone could reasonably complain. 

But other than that, in my opinion,  we just have to start afresh again next season on the same basis as the current (abandoned) one - it harms nobody.  

Edited by Che Dail

Heid I get that mate, I’m all in favour of seeing a more balanced outcome whether that be a 50% completion or as I’ve suggested already starting where we left off whenever we resume and completing the season. The outcome of null and void does no good for any teams or the integrity of the pyramid. The last 2 seasons have been a disaster why head into another? 
My continued concern is the EoS taking the easiest solution over a more pragmatic approach and trying to resolve via football.

I get the various arguments as why the PPG approach is the solution. Even some sort of a play off would be preferable.

27 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I get the various arguments as why the PPG approach is the solution. Even some sort of a play off would be preferable.

PPG is not a fair solution when so few games have been played and there's a clear mis-match of fixtures.

Taking Dundonald as an example seeing as, if true, they put forward a PPG proposal to the league:

Despite knowing that the season would be null and void if it didn't reach 50% fixtures, they could only manage 8 league matches,  including just 2 at home.  Starks Park or New Central Park, Kelty was available if required - so additional fixtures could have been arranged if they really wanted to play at the time.

Had their opening fixture list been: 1. Tranent, 2. Jeanfield, 3. Linlithgow, 4. Musselburgh, 5. Camelon, 6. Penicuik 7. Broxburn, 8. LTHV; being played alongside their Scottish Cup ties, would they be promoting the same idea now?  I doubt it.

The only club they played from that list is LTHV and got beat; and the only club below them in the table as things stand is Broxburn - there's every chance they'd have been beaten by them as well.  Who knows?

By using just one club to illustrate the point, you can see why PPG is unfair and not a good solution - certainly not the agreed one.

Edited by Che Dail

On 05/04/2021 at 11:32, Dev said:

Please NO views on side issues like PPG, New Clubs, what the LL does/doesn't do etc. Let's be constructive and not negative for once!

The EoS will see what it makes of the applications from potential new clubs - which will lead to a larger number of clubs in the league, maybe a minimum of 12 new clubs? Then it will do what it has done in the past and come up with options for clubs to consider and to choose from. This won't take long now. 

Clubs will receive options for what to do next season and everything will go from there.

Does the league want to see clubs have the opportunity to progress to the LL? Yes, of course, it does. Why wouldn't it. Should it happen this time around? Yes, why not, as PPG would allow that to happen. Who would even suggest that there aren't a number of clubs in the league which wouldn't hold their own in the current LL.

There is a way forward which would allow an EoS club to get promoted this time around without effecting any other club, whether LL or EoS:

Use PPG to select a Champion club - so Jeanfield Swifts would go up to the LL.

The LL can go up to 18 clubs next season as it's within their rules and regs to do just that if it wishes to, so the LL does not relegate anyone this time. Therefore no relegated clubs from the LL to the EoS.

That leaves the EoS Premier with 17 clubs plus the PPG champions of the Division One Conferences A and B. That's Leith Athletic and Luncarty so 19 clubs in the Premier Division. Even up the numbers to 20 by bringing up the Div.1 Conference runner-up with the best PPG i.e. Haddington Athletic.

That leaves 14 clubs from Div.1 Conf. A  and another 14 from Conf. B so 28 current clubs. It was planned to create a Division One next season made up from the best of the Conference clubs together with clubs relegated from the Premier Division. Do this now. With no clubs coming down just create the new Div.One using PPG to decide the best 8  from both Conferences (excluding the three promoted clubs) to give a Division with 16 clubs. In PPG order this would be:

Conf A:  Kennoway Star Hearts;   Edinburgh South;   Thornton Hibs;   Edinburgh United;   Craigroyston;   Coldstream;   Rosyth;   Dunipace.

Conf B:  Heriot Watt University;   Oakley United;   Kinnoull FC;   Burntisland Shipyard;   Glenrothes;   Newburgh Juniors;   Stirling University;   Easthouses Lily MW.

The remaining clubs would move down to a new Division Two which would include 12 current member clubs plus any new clubs (presently likely to be about 12 minimum(?)) elected for 2021/22. Potentially a minimum of 24 clubs. The clubs could be mixed so that there is a similar geographical spread in two parallel Conference Divisions. Alternately clubs could be placed into North or South Conferences.

Div.Two:

From Div.One Conf. A (6):  Dalkeith Thistle;   St Andrews United;   Arniston Rangers;   Kirkcaldy & Dysart;   Ormiston;   Tweedmouth Rangers.

From Div.One Conf. B (6):  Peebles Rovers;   Preston Athletic;   Lochore Welfare;   Lochgelly Albert;   Hawick Royal Albert United;   Eyemouth United.

Possible New Clubs (min.12):  Armadale Thistle;   Bathgate Thistle;   Bo'ness Junior CFC;   Fauldhouse United;   Letham AFC;   Livingston United;   Pumpherston Juniors;   Sauchie CFC;   Stoneyburn Juniors;   Syngenta;   West Calder United;   Whitburn Juniors.

Fine, except make Division 1  just14 clubs to allow extra relegation from the Premier in 2022/23.

Also, just put all new clubs in a  Div 3  (Tier 9)

Edited by Doonhamer1969

3 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

There are 2 teams in the premier who have had years to prove they’re worthy of such a lofty position but have finished in the bottom 3 last 2 seasons mustering a total of 4 points between them this season from a possible 66. Do you think they should get another crack at it?

:lol:

A fine spin on things but ye forgot to mention one of the teams has 72 points still to be played for and the other 66.  :ass

5 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

With one of them only accumulating 18 points from a possible 60 in the 20 games they actually did play the previous season and the other 16 from 54 I’d have thought that was self explanatory and not worth mentioning. More embarrassing than anything else.

Except the bottom end of the table in 2019-20 looked like.

image.png.abbb8f86996e4b58cffb52be41fc9de0.png

While Blackburn and WW have had two difficult partial seasons. They were far from certain of relegation back in 2019-20.

38 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

With one of them only accumulating 18 points from a possible 60 in the 20 games they actually did play the previous season and the other 16 from 54 I’d have thought that was self explanatory and not worth mentioning. More embarrassing than anything else.

You forgot to spin  the “new manager” crap again. Either that or you knew I’d then mention  that even Pep Gardiola couldn’t save you. 😜

30 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Except the bottom end of the table in 2019-20 looked like.

image.png.abbb8f86996e4b58cffb52be41fc9de0.png

While Blackburn and WW have had two difficult partial seasons. They were far from certain of relegation back in 2019-20.

Telt :lol::lol::ass

16 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Not fishing for anyone my friend. I’m telling the truth, he’s sitting hurting dishing out wee red dots on all my posts and greenies to his flock of sheep like the wee kid that he is when he doesn’t get all his own way. The more he’s dotting the quieter he is so we’re both happy.

Now will you care to explain the point of your time wasted screenshooting and downloading  the bottom end of the 2019-20 table? 

You were the one that dig up last season's results to try and justify your preferences on how to handle this season. Last year Blackburn and Whitehill were not certain of relegation. They both had winnable games, including one more game against each other.

And it wasn't really a screenshot and definitely not a download. It was done using the Snipping Tool.

Not fishing for anyone my friend. I’m telling the truth, he’s sitting hurting dishing out wee red dots on all my posts and greenies to his flock of sheep like the wee kid that he is when he doesn’t get all his own way. The more he’s dotting the quieter he is so we’re both happy.
Now will you care to explain the point of your time wasted screenshooting and downloading  the bottom end of the 2019-20 table? 

You appear to be a perfect example of what makes social media and message boards like this such poisonous places at times. A member for little more than 24 hours and already so many of your multiple posts across several different threads are aimed solely at trying to get a rise out of one other member, or the team he supports, in particular. Poor stuff and, sadly, you have not been a positive addition to this part of P&B. I await the accusations of being this or that persons acolyte which have already begun to characterise a number of your replies.

8 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

If you look back and take your time over the relevant post I think you will find I did no such thing. My reference to season 2019-20 table was in response to Nookie Bore who claimed  that although Shitehill  had only mustered  1 point from a possible 30 this season they  still had 72 to play for. I only pointed out that was unlikely to make any difference as they’d only achieved 15 points from a possible 66 the previous season . I made no reference to how the rest of the table looked but you jumped in with both feet in your bid to attack the poster and not the post and made a right James Hunt f yourself. 

See I read multiple posts and only commented on the most recent one. Below is what started the chain of posts today around getting relegating Blackburn & WW and your ways of justifying it. Including being in the bottom 3 when the clocks stopped. Which is one of the reasons I included the bottom end of the 2019-20. For as bad as they were, both clubs were capable of avoiding relegation that year.

7 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

There are 2 teams in the premier who have had years to prove they’re worthy of such a lofty position but have finished in the bottom 3 last 2 seasons mustering a total of 4 points between them this season from a possible 66. Do you think they should get another crack at it?

6 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

My continued concern is the EoS taking the easiest solution over a more pragmatic approach and trying to resolve via football.

Please explain why you think EoS will take the easy way out.

Also, what possesses you to think that a play off is preferable to anything? Having a play off just does not make sense, as nothing is equal either at the top or bottom of the league? Which teams merit being in a play off in your world? 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You were the one that dig up last season's results to try and justify your preferences on how to handle this season. Last year Blackburn and Whitehill were not certain of relegation. They both had winnable games, including one more game against each other.

And it wasn't really a screenshot and definitely not a download. It was done using the Snipping Tool.

🤣🤣🤣  👍 Bet he is away to find out what a snipping tool is! 

Edited by Casey Jones

53 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

If you look back and take your time over the relevant post I think you will find I did no such thing. My reference to season 2019-20 table was in response to Nookie Bore who claimed  that although Shitehill  had only mustered  1 point from a possible 30 this season they  still had 72 to play for. I only pointed out that was unlikely to make any difference as they’d only achieved 15 points from a possible 66 the previous season . I made no reference to how the rest of the table looked but you jumped in with both feet in your bid to attack the poster and not the post and made a right James Hunt f yourself. 

40 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

See I read multiple posts and only commented on the most recent one. Below is what started the chain of posts today around getting relegating Blackburn & WW and your ways of justifying it. Including being in the bottom 3 when the clocks stopped. Which is one of the reasons I included the bottom end of the 2019-20. For as bad as they were, both clubs were capable of avoiding relegation that year.

Telt again only one person making  a James Hunt of themself here and it's no FWF :lol::lol::ass

8 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

I dont think they should, but I think they will

Socks I know your opinion on the outcome of the current situation differs to mine you’ve made that clear in multiple posts across several different threads yourself. Take a look back at my initial post and tell me where or whom I attempted to get a rise from. I’m confident you can’t. In fact I’m pretty sure you’ll find although my opinion differs from that of you and a couple of others it was a reasonably positive post.  Then check the responses and content to said post with an open mind and not the null and void blinkers and Im also pretty confident you’ll find that the welcome I received was hardly befitting. Treat others how they treat you is my motto.

Your confidence would be very much misplaced then. You did indeed make an entirely fair and well argued point in your initial post, but pretty much since then you’ve had quite a clear agenda which you have pursued with vigour. My own confidence is placed in the fact that many others will see this too and turn away from your poorly disguised trolling. When you refer to my view on the appropriate way this season should end as blinkered as it doesn’t equate to your own then this certainly doesn’t show the sort of respect for opposing opinions that you’ve previously claimed to have.

Whatever floats your boat though, but I guess fewer and fewer will engage with you because of it.