Rangers v2.0 v One Club since 1888

Romeo

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's been comfortably the best keeper Rangers have had probably since he left, but he's been nowhere near Klos.

McGregor is so clear from Klos. You're also wrong about him putting us out of the Europa League. 

Do you still think celtc have the better squad out of interest? 

Despite the fact I really do not want to see Rangers win the Cup, after 4 years of Celtic trebles it is extremely refreshing to see them win f**k all this season.

Now I've said that though, United are gonna go win it now, aren't they? Shite.

You fucking beauty!!! :)

Well done Rangers for yet again showing your supremacy in Glasgow and ensuring that that mob will be finishing the season trophyless. Obviously I don’t want you to win the Cup whilst we are still in it but I’m very happy to see you through today.

Good to hear those daylight fireworks banging away with a staunch rapport as I type.

YATP

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

McGregor is so clear from Klos. You're also wrong about him putting us out of the Europa League. 

Do you still think celtc have the better squad out of interest? 

Klos is still hands down the best I've seen tbf. On a different level. Unlucky Oliver Kahn was around at the same time for Germany.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Klos is still hands down the best I've seen tbf. On a different level. Unlucky Oliver Kahn was around at the same time for Germany.

Kilos was great but he genuinely couldn’t kick the ball

It was another close affair, but Rangers exploited Celtic’s weaknesses better than Celtic exploited ours.

First half Aribo and Patterson gave Laxalt a torrid time. Then once we had the two goal lead Rangers were content to try and see out the game.

Celtic however did create some chances but McGregor done well to keep out a Celtic front line that looks like they have no confidence whatsoever.

When Rangers stepped it up today, Celtic found it very difficult to deal with them, I’m just annoyed that we couldn’t do it more often than the periods we did have as I thought at half time we had the opportunity to add to our lead.

All in all, a decent day at the office and we’ve ended Celtic’s season. Happy days.

Edited by AJF

Klos was a fantastic keeper at his main job, keeping the ball out of the net, but he was in the first generation of keepers having to play with his feet and he was awful with the ball.

Just a victim of circumstance, but defo should be acknowledged when comparing them overall.

Just as an aside, the best keeper I've ever seen with the ball at his feet in Scotland was also a Rangers keeper. Ronald Watereus. He would spray 50/60 yard diags to feet with either foot.

He was better with the ball than some of the Rangers Centre Backs he played with. [emoji1787]

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Kilos was great but he genuinely couldn’t kick the ball

His only weakness. That era of keepers was full of keepers that couldn't kick. Rab Douglas was Celtic's keeper in that era and was like a toddler with the ball at his feet. Leighton was probably the most well known to be utterly shite with a back pass. Was Goram any good at kicking? Genuinely can't recall him being anything special either.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

His only weakness. That era of keepers was full of keepers that couldn't kick. Rab Douglas was Celtic's keeper in that era and was like a toddler with the ball at his feet. Leighton was probably the most well known to be utterly shite with a back pass. Was Goram any good at kicking? Genuinely can't recall him being anything special either.

McGregor has been better for longer than both Klos and Goram IMO.

He'll go down as the greatest Rangers keeper in the modern era for me. But there isn't much in it.

Man that was good.
Celtic have turned into a team of chokers.
Celtic are just relentlessly shite.
Celtic have been garbage for a good while, they've just had f**k all competition. They have their board to blame for this season. Surely they should have saw the warning signs that Rangers were going to compete this season and actually bothered to get a decent manager/squad together.

He's not experienced enough yet for the euros.
I don't really give a f**k about experience - if SC is insisting on playing 3 at the back he should be an absolute stick on for RWB. Thought he was outstanding today