St. Mirren v ICT Friday 16/04/2021 18:00

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I thought we played fairly well against a top flight side. They’re clearly a level above us, maybe not in midfield but certainly in attack. You can’t really   grudge St Mirren the win as they hit the bar about 83 times. 

They’re far better in attack than anything we’ll face for the rest of the season so I’m not too downbeat.

Isn't there something you once heard a supporter of Uncle Roy's mercenaries say, can't quite remember...

That was a relief to get through in the end, credit Caley as they are more than a match for whoever might finish in the play off position. 

Ironic that Caley knocked out Ross County in the previous round, then ex Staggies defender Marcus Fraser puts them out in the next round. 

Funny old game.

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

In that 87 game Caley could have been 3 up before we scored, they created all the best chances, fortunately for us they fell to Billy Urquhart who was even worse than when he was with the currants.. Our 1st goal knocked the stuffing out of you and the 2nd and 3rd came in a 5 minute spell.

Are you sure?

My recollection is that our right winger Wilsie Robertson had about a dozen one on ones and yet, history records nil.

I thought we played fairly well against a top flight side. They’re clearly a level above us, maybe not in midfield but certainly in attack. You can’t really   grudge St Mirren the win as they hit the bar about 83 times. 

They’re far better in attack than anything we’ll face for the rest of the season so I’m not too downbeat.
I think you are being a bit generous to us tbh. ICT looked very comfortable, had some really dangerous efforts and forced our keeper into making some good saves.

We have played much better and lost this season so I'm happy we are in the next round of the cup, that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

Hopefully meet again soon (ICT coming up, not us going down [emoji3059]).

Thats one of the worst feelings in the world.  Losing a game right at the death.  The highs of a last minute winner don't come near the lows of losing one.  

I hope the papers done spin out their tired tropes about the plucky Championship side just not having the makings of the team in the higher division.  On another day, Inverness would have pumped us.  

Unlucky Inverness lads. Good luck in the playoffs.  

Hoping for a miracle in Killie's game tomorrow. 

I wonder what McCann was pissed off about at the end up?

Think he was greeting about not enough time being added on.
Watching Morton taking well to penalties at Fir Park now. Couple of good performances from the Championship teams, relieved to be through.

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

Think he was greeting about not enough time being added on.
Watching Morton taking well to penalties at Fir Park now. Couple of good performances from the Championship teams, relieved to be through.

None of the premiership teams seem to have played well tonight, but they are all through. That wee bit extra quality has counted in the end in all the games.

It was a good game. Both teams had chances, I thought ICT probably shaded the first half and could've been in front, then I thought we probably had slightly the better of the second half. 

Scott Allan is a cut above most midfielders in the top flight and Todorov was impressive. The young lad Mackay is a player as well. 

Anyway, enough blowing smoke up ICT's arse, delighted we're through and great to see Dennis getting another goal. We've a good chance of another semi final now. 

3 hours ago, houston_bud said:

It was a good game. Both teams had chances, I thought ICT probably shaded the first half and could've been in front, then I thought we probably had slightly the better of the second half. 

Scott Allan is a cut above most midfielders in the top flight and Todorov was impressive. The young lad Mackay is a player as well. 

Anyway, enough blowing smoke up ICT's arse, delighted we're through and great to see Dennis getting another goal. We've a good chance of another semi final now. 

I would add Allardice to the list, thought he played very well despite not being one of their many M(a)cKays.

Didn't see this but having watched the highlights it looked like a pretty decent game. Not too disappointed to go out as we've got to make a big push in the league so avoiding extra time is probably a blessing in disguise with another game on Tuesday.  All the best to St. Mirren in the next round.

Good to see the Ross County fans have found the Domestic Cup forum again after they disappeared like snow off a dyke a couple of weeks ago although I'm not sure using an ex player to laugh at ICT going out is quite the hot take they think it is when they were dealt some serious telt in the previous round by, erm, ICT.

On 18/04/2021 at 09:18, RiG said:

Didn't see this but having watched the highlights it looked like a pretty decent game. Not too disappointed to go out as we've got to make a big push in the league so avoiding extra time is probably a blessing in disguise with another game on Tuesday.  All the best to St. Mirren in the next round.

Good to see the Ross County fans have found the Domestic Cup forum again after they disappeared like snow off a dyke a couple of weeks ago although I'm not sure using an ex player to laugh at ICT going out is quite the hot take they think it is when they were dealt some serious telt in the previous round by, erm, ICT.

As a County fan, I'm looking forward to playing ict in the play off, it should be a cracking couple of matches, well if that clown Hughes can avoid 12 place that is!