St. Mirren v ICT Friday 16/04/2021 18:00

Game being streamed by SMTV for £12.
Events | St Mirren PPV
However, I don't seem to be able to purchase it through my season ticket SMTV account.
Looks like I might have to register for separate PPV.[emoji848]

Do ST holders not get the stream? As its a cup game? Do...aherm...overseas subscribers get it?

That footage brings back memories of a fine day out.
We met some old timer St Mirren players who were for a half time introduction. I'm so sorry, I can't recall names but they were thoroughly good company.
Was that Ross Tokely at the start of the footage with an outrageous bit of skill?
I must say, it was bettered only by Bingham's touches leading up to the goal.
Please don't open another Tokely can of worms!!

4 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
On 12/04/2021 at 22:22, sophia said:
That footage brings back memories of a fine day out.
We met some old timer St Mirren players who were for a half time introduction. I'm so sorry, I can't recall names but they were thoroughly good company.
Was that Ross Tokely at the start of the footage with an outrageous bit of skill?
I must say, it was bettered only by Bingham's touches leading up to the goal.

Please don't open another Tokely can of worms!!

I'm not sure that many buddies will recall Ross and fewer still any detail of any particular mistimed incident.

Big game and a good chance for a third consecutive national quarter final. To give that a bit of context, between winning the league cup in 2013 and Jim arriving in 2019 we made one quarter final in six years.
It’s another tricky draw, one we should win but also one we are very capable of slipping up in. However, not many teams beat us at home. Last team outside the top three to beat us in Paisley was Kilmarnock in September.
Must admit I don’t know much about ICT. Take it Tokely, Meekings and Foran are all still there? Chris Kerr’s cruciate still hasn’t recovered, by the way.
The nightmare scenario for any top flight side in a cup competition is being knocked out at home by a team from the leagues below. It happened to us two years ago at this very stage of course, but we’ve certainly came on a good bit since then.
Seen Obika is training again this week and Dennis has came off the bench last couple of games. Would like to see at least one of them starting, if not both.
Can’t see it being pretty but I think we should have enough.
2-1

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Big game and a good chance for a third consecutive national quarter final. To give that a bit of context, between winning the league cup in 2013 and Jim arriving in 2019 we made one quarter final in six years.
It’s another tricky draw, one we should win but also one we are very capable of slipping up in. However, not many teams beat us at home. Last team outside the top three to beat us in Paisley was Kilmarnock in September.
Must admit I don’t know much about ICT. Take it Tokely, Meekings and Foran are all still there? Chris Kerr’s cruciate still hasn’t recovered, by the way.
The nightmare scenario for any top flight side in a cup competition is being knocked out at home by a team from the leagues below. It happened to us two years ago at this very stage of course, but we’ve certainly came on a good bit since then.
Seen Obika is training again this week and Dennis has came off the bench last couple of games. Would like to see at least one of them starting, if not both.
Can’t see it being pretty but I think we should have enough.
2-1

Obika and Dennis start = we win.

One of the above + Erwin start = we probably win but it won't be pretty and it'll be very close

Erwin up on his own = eye-gouging 90 minutes and we go out 1-0 to a 78th minute winner.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Will the game be decided tomorrow?  I assume it'll be ET then penalties, but I know there are often daft changes to make things more exciting.  

Not that it'll need extra time.  I have the fear over this game.  

Yeap. Straight to extra time and penalties if needed.

I don’t really know much about St Mirren these days as I haven’t seen them play but I’m surprised about how worried the fans on here seem to be. We’ve been on a great run of results but I can’t think of a game in those where I think we have played really well, I include the County game in that as they were just awful.

McCann seems to have got everybody doing there jobs properly, which is great, and we have not been bad by any means but we just seem to be grinding out results and I think St Mirren will just be a step too far in quality compared to us.

Apart from getting the prize money from the next round and the TV money, I presume all 4 games would be shown live, I’m really not arsed about the result. Trying to get into the playoffs has to be the main aim for us and adding extra games is something we could really do without. The thought of potentially getting to a quarter/semi/final and not being able to go also really kills any buzz I’d normally get for the cup.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I don’t really know much about St Mirren these days as I haven’t seen them play but I’m surprised about how worried the fans on here seem to be. We’ve been on a great run of results but I can’t think of a game in those where I think we have played really well, I include the County game in that as they were just awful.

McCann seems to have got everybody doing there jobs properly, which is great, and we have not been bad by any means but we just seem to be grinding out results and I think St Mirren will just be a step too far in quality compared to us.

Apart from getting the prize money from the next round and the TV money, I presume all 4 games would be shown live, I’m really not arsed about the result. Trying to get into the playoffs has to be the main aim for us and adding extra games is something we could really do without. The thought of potentially getting to a quarter/semi/final and not being able to go also really kills any buzz I’d normally get for the cup.

That's the way I see it too.  We've been playing Championship standard teams, including County, and St Mirren are a level above that clearly.  So I expect a defeat tonight.

Agree about the cup also, I'm not bothered about it as we clearly aren't getting to the semi final or final.  

For some reason I had it in my head this game had been moved to Saturday night. Radio job for me then if it is even on Sportsound.

I'll be happy with a decent showing and that's it. If we go through great but we've got 3 far more important games coming up in the league that I would rather see us do well in. I know that's not how it works but a good performance tonight and take it into the crucial Dundee game and get a win there would be far more preferable.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Would like to agree but that has to be balanced against us possibly being without a fit striker, sure we have the advantages of being a division above & at home - although does the latter exist this season?

Anyway Saints fans will have everything crossed that one of Dennis/Obika is in the starting line-up - if neither starts then given the odds a sneaky fiver on ICT seems VfM.

Edited by btb

13 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Might be decent value in the double chance Caley draw/win.

I was thinking the same. Caley are on a wee bit of a roll plus we already scalped SPL Ross County, admittedly they are not top drawer right now but it was an emphatic win for us.

Jim Goodwin will be in the stand for this game, fair play to him for his comments here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56767717

As said above, I'd be very surprised if we get a result here.  St Mirren are obviously a stronger team than County, they will probably be the best team we've played all season.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Jim Goodwin will be in the stand for this game, fair play to him for his comments here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56767717

As said above, I'd be very surprised if we get a result here.  St Mirren are obviously a stronger team than County, they will probably be the best team we've played all season.

Possibly, but even when we've been well on top in games, we've struggled to score and have been susceptible to giving away a goal. It's why we're not in the top six.

If you can nick a goal and defend well, then you'll have a fair chance of getting a result.