Raith Rovers v Arbroath

I’d like to see us go for it in this game and not rotate unless it’s injuries, this is arguably the most winnable game left as we’re at home against 9th and 3 points would surely just about see us into the playoffs. The next 3 matches for us are huge, we don’t want to be playing Dundee and Hearts desperately needing points.
Arbroath will surely need to come and attack us which hopefully gives our lads a bit more space. They’re fast running out of games and a draw is probably no good to them. Dick Campbell is no mug and I expect he’ll have done his homework and set his team up to counter our threat.
Tuesday’s games will definitely have a huge bearing on this one, Ayr and Morton pick up points and Arbroath have to go for it, Dundee and ICT win and we’ll definitely have to go for it.

Great season I’m just glad we’re at the right end of the table. The Championship top to bottom has been really entertaining.

I’m fairly looking forward to Saturday’s game... Arbroath (DC) will absolutely know what to do, and will be no where near as open as Dunfermline were. Close encounter, 1-0/2-1.
As for starting XI, I would opt to play our strongest (the team that started vs. Pars), and then slight rotation if required for Queens.

I would like to see our strongest team but I think JMcG will rotate and maybe bring on first choice players if things aren't going well.

This is exactly the type of game Rovers screw up - build up a head of steam and fall flat on our pus. This is really a must win if we want to finish second.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Looking forward to this game mutch more than the cup tie against Lavvi, hugely important, win and it will pretty much guarentee a play off spot, however the carrot for finishing 2nd cannot be ignored, our next 3 of Arbroath (H) QoS (A) and Alloa (A) are where the ponts need to be taken, 7 from the 9 then  the final 2 games of Dundee (A) and Hearts (H) could be free hits. As has been said many times if (and it's a big IF) we play like we did against we did against Dunfermline then I'd struggle to find a reason why we won't be playing in the top flight when fans are allowed back into San Starko

Our players will have had a week's rest for the first time in over a month or thereabouts so I don't think there will be a mass of rotation unless it's injury related. It's arguably the most winnable game we have left as we are playing the team in 9th, so 3 points are a must. Won't be easy as games rarely are against arbroath but we're in good form and should be full of confidence going into this one.

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Tuesday’s games will definitely have a huge bearing on this one, Ayr and Morton pick up points and Arbroath have to go for it, Dundee and ICT win and we’ll definitely have to go for it.

Great season I’m just glad we’re at the right end of the table. The Championship top to bottom has been really entertaining.

Don’t forget Friday’s game...Alloa can beat Hearts, and if they do sphincters all over Arbroath, Ayr and Morton will be tighter than a snare drum, especially if Tuesday’s results come in as expected (Dundee and ICT winning).

16 minutes ago, expatowner1 said:

Easiest game of the season. 
three points are vital. 
If we play with confidence, we should skoosh this. 

Anything can scupper us - shite referee, red card, penalty, having an off day and Arbroath parking the bus and sneaking a goal, we've seen it all recently.

27 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

I have the fear for this I hope Reagan wears double shin pads.

^^^^^This!

There is a decent argument to play for an hour with Ugwu, King, Armstrong or Kennedy and even Duku then sub on the hour to bring in Vaughan and Gullan (if fit).  We've seen dirty Dicks tactics before. Fairly sure Vaughnny still has some of the stud marks to this day. 🤨

2 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Like when we beat you comfortably in February?

In conditions which suited Arbroath, in a gale on a tattie field.

We beat you much more comfortably in the first game at Stark's where it's much more condusive to playing football, as will be the case on Saturday

A bit of complacency creeping in to some of our fanbase by the look of things. Arbroath, despite their league position, are more than capable of giving us grief. 

We're a really good side at the moment but I'm never comfortable with the assumption that we'll easily roll teams over.