Raith Rovers v Arbroath

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Raith Rovers
J MacDonald Tumilty K MacDonald Benedictus Armstrong Hendry Vaughan Spencer Musonda Tait Kennedy

Subs
Thomson Duku Abraham Smith Cooney Ugwu King

Goes without saying that having both Musonda and MacDonald in the defence is a real boost, but Gullan is a big, big miss. 

You'd have to assume that's a return to the use of out-and-out wingers that had grown a little stale. Will Dick Campbell have planned for the diamond? Will Vaughan's influence in the middle make all the difference? I'd be much more comfortable with Matthews in there too. Hopefully we can get an early goal and keep the expansive football going to make the most of Tait's abilities. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Goes without saying that having both Musonda and MacDonald in the defence is a real boost, but Gullan is a big, big miss. 

You'd have to assume that's a return to the use of out-and-out wingers that had grown a little stale. Will Dick Campbell have planned for the diamond? Will Vaughan's influence in the middle make all the difference? I'd be much more comfortable with Matthews in there too. Hopefully we can get an early goal and keep the expansive football going to make the most of Tait's abilities. 

We really needed either Musinda or MacDonald and we have both. Gullan has been very good lately but he goes off the boil sometimes so I'm not too disappointed, but maybe him being out leaves us a wee bit lightweight up front. However McGlynn I'm glad has gone for speed and trickery to exploit their lumbering defence.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

How long is Mathews out for?

Matthews has been used sparingly with what is supposed to be a tender Achilles and/or an unspecified leg issue. Generally seems he’s slowly getting better, but seems unlikely to play back to back matches.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Gullan out is a blow. Lots of attacking options on the bench, but none of them are very good. 

Just noticed no Matthews either. Bugger. 

Gullan was reported as a calf issue, so might be another couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dunno. The Main danger man is out Injured. Moore and Hamilton (Jack) probably. 

This is our main problem tbh. We have a few injuries like and the Linn one is a huge blow but we have a solid squad of players but not enough dangerous players in attacking areas. In my opinion

54 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Did I say that Referees have it in for Raith? Learn to read before responding. Nice of you to agree that some of the refereeing is shite tho. The fact remains that too many games are decided by shite refereeing, and as I said that could well affect the outcome in the run in.

Well it sounds like it to me - “... the shite refereeing WE usually get”. There have been other comments on this thread to the effect that Raith’s poor disciplinary record is down to the officiating.

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Well it sounds like it to me - “... the shite refereeing WE usually get”. There have been other comments on this thread to the effect that Raith’s poor disciplinary record is down to the officiating.

Fact - we've committed less fouls and have had more cards than anyone else.