Raith Rovers v Arbroath

55 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I think every fan could see the strikers we had at the start of season was never gonna work, Hamilton with Hilson who does all the running actually works ok,

Selection did not work today, not enough legs in the team, McKenna and Hilson made a difference when they come on

Fantastic the Red Lichties, well deserved point and great display by ALL players.
GTRUY to the negative AFC fans who slag their own players = disgrace.
Yes it is okay to have a negative view but the slagging of your own players is out of order and you do not have a clue about football and have probably never played it at a decent level. 
C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0 Ya Bass.

We read this nonsense every week, I don’t think there’s anyone on here that needlessly slags the payers off. There is a decent amount that can’t hear a single bad word said about anything though.

Criticising players and the management this season is part and parcel of football and has been totally justified at times.

We weren’t fantastic today, at times we were all over the place and got a lucky draw, that’ll do me however.

32 minutes ago, Mexico said:

We read this nonsense every week, I don’t think there’s anyone on here that needlessly slags the payers off. There is a decent amount that can’t hear a single bad word said about anything though.

Criticising players and the management this season is part and parcel of football and has been totally justified at times.

We weren’t fantastic today, at times we were all over the place and got a lucky draw, that’ll do me however.

I'd say the draw was deserved, rather than lucky. 

Fair to say it was all  for the first 60, but when presented with the opportunities, they were taken. We were put under pressure and consequently condeded twice. We almost lost it at the death as well, when Macdonald made an excellent save. 

For all our possession, we weren't that great either. 

Edited by Michael W

33 minutes ago, Mexico said:

How were we lucky?

How were we lucky?

Outplayed for large parts of the game, I’d suggest on the basis of the play we were pretty lucky today. Certainly could’ve been more than 1 down at half time.

That’s not really criticism given that we game from 2 down is an excellent result for us.

I’d expect the usual wagons circling on here to anything negative being suggested though.

Outplayed for large parts of the game, I’d suggest on the basis of the play we were pretty lucky today. Certainly could’ve been more than 1 down at half time.

That’s not really criticism given that we game from 2 down is an excellent result for us.

I’d expect the usual wagons circling on here to anything negative being suggested though.

Do you not think Doolan was excellent [emoji849] you’ve obviously not played the game to a high level!

20 minutes ago, Mexico said:

To come back from 2-0 down with 20 minutes left against the team 2nd in the league FT v PT isn't lucky it shows the mettle of the team, it's not all about playing pretty football. Rovers had plenty of the ball 1st half but apart from the goal didn't really threaten that often and we were definitely the better team in the 2nd half.

Edited by keptie

1 hour ago, Mexico said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there’s always going to be your glass full supporters and your glass half empty supporters like Mexico. 

I would tend to focus on the positives from today, that’s two away games where we’ve looked down and out (QOTS the other) and somehow we’ve managed to claw our way back to a point. Whilst it May be down to our own inefficiencies that find ourselves 2 down, It’s also great to see the fight in our squad to get back level. 

Id also point out that Raith are a very good side and in both visits to Kirkcaldy this year I think we’ve seen the best footballing team in the division by quite some distance. Would also factor in the injuries to Linn, Swankie and Donnelly. We could really have done with those 3 the last few weeks.

Roll on next week, big one

At last,  we did to Rovers what other teams have done to us too often, been looking like winning then dropping points in the last few minutes of games. So well done to all in maroon for the fight back.

At 2-0 down and Morton 1 up against Dundee I thought the worst, but getting a goal soon after Rovers scored their second changed things and of course our subs made a difference...again. With all games in the league ending in draws nothing has changed from last week so still all to play for.

Ricky Little scoring and it wasn't a header, great stuff.

Great point yesterday against a very good FULL TIME Raith Rovers, they are one of  the best footballing teams i have watched this season.

A few of our players were not at their best yesterday (Thomson who was at fault for their first goal, C.Hamilton and Moore) but i am not going to say they were SHITE like some others on here would and i also would have had McKenna and Hilson on earlier and i would have started with Craigen as we never dominated the centre of midfield enough so yes there is a difference between constructive criticism and just total slagging of our players.

Well done lads and roll on next week.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

Rewatching the highlights -
We were SO up for it after our first goal went in - playing at twice the pace of Raith. Great assist by TOB and a calm finish by Ricky for the second. What a lethal pair of centre backs. And I’d back Scott Stewart over any player in the league in a 100m race.

47 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Great point yesterday against a very good FULL TIME Raith Rovers, they are one of  the best footballing teams i have watched this season.

A few of our players were not at their best yesterday (Thomson who was at fault for their first goal, C.Hamilton and Moore) but i am not going to say they were SHITE like some others on here would and i also would have had McKenna and Hilson on earlier and i would have started with Craigen as we never dominated the centre of midfield enough so yes there is a difference between constructive criticism and just total slagging of our players.

Well done lads and roll on next week.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

We need to stop making such a big deal out of this Full Time / Part Time thing if we want others to do the same. We are as fit and organised as anyone in this league. 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We need to stop making such a big deal out of this Full Time / Part Time thing if we want others to do the same. We are as fit and organised as anyone in this league. 

Yeah some folk seem to think it's still 1948 and part time players are rolling straight from a shift down the coal pit onto the football pitch. These days unless you're being forced to play Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday like East Fife and Clyde are at the moment I don't think the fitness issue makes much of a difference at all. 

18 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah some folk seem to think it's still 1948 and part time players are rolling straight from a shift down the coal pit onto the football pitch. These days unless you're being forced to play Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday like East Fife and Clyde are at the moment I don't think the fitness issue makes much of a difference at all. 

Absolutely this. Today PT player is generally at least 90% as fit and conditioned as a FT player, the difference, such as it is, is more in the depth of understanding that a PT player has of the other players intentions and reaction (Even this is minimal in the current environment).

Absolutely this. Today PT player is generally at least 90% as fit and conditioned as a FT player, the difference, such as it is, is more in the depth of understanding that a PT player has of the other players intentions and reaction (Even this is minimal in the current environment).

[emoji23]