Raith Rovers v Arbroath

6 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You're a bit on the  optimistic side. I'm optimistic too...

I’m certainly not still got nightmares from the last time. But we have definitely tried to go for it in every game this year, maybe not Dundee away but I think we were just poor that day. I hope it’s a good day for us.... would’ve been a magic day out too. Shame 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m certainly not still got nightmares from the last time. But we have definitely tried to go for it in every game this year, maybe not Dundee away but I think we were just poor that day. I hope it’s a good day for us.... would’ve been a magic day out too. Shame 

We're under no illusions that it'll be like your last visit, but if you play an open game that would suit us. Dundee and Dunfermline did that and were well beaten. I would think that Dick has done his homework and decide that a more cautious approach would be best. We'll see.

Aye, it's a great day to watch the game, pity.

Arbroath play attacking football - we don't park the bus, so one thing you can be sure of is that Arbroath will be playing an attacking format today.
Score wise, this match is too tight to call - I'd settle for a draw, but an away win is very possible and Dick will be aiming to leave with 3 points.
The league table is like  a game of snakes and ladders.
C'mon the 'broath.

I’d be very surprised if DC comes and plays an attacking open game especially after the first meeting this season at ours, as Raith Raver mentions that style of game suits us and Dundee and Dunfermline were soundly punished playing like that. The teams that have done best against us at Starks are the ones that have not given us the space to play and harassed our midfield forcing us to play across the back. We’ll find out today I guess and hopefully it’s a good game to watch.

As McGlynn said recently we're one of the least physical teams in the league but we get more cards than more physical sides. A lot of our cards are for our players complaining about the rough treatment we get without protection from referees. Dunfermline kicked us off the park and at least a couple of their players could have got red; we missed a couple of key players for the Cup because of them.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Jeez peace and stop havering tosh

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Getting quite nervous about this now. Although I'm nervous about the next 7 days fixtures in general. 

Aye, I think most of us are, there's not many games left to overcome slip ups now, and with the shite refereeing  we usually get anything can happen.

16 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Aye, I think most of us are, there's not many games left to overcome slip ups now, and with the shite refereeing  we usually get anything can happen.

Really? I think every fan could find multiple examples of shite refereeing against their team. From an Arbroath perspective, we’ve had several ridiculous penalty decisions go against us this season, including the first game at Starks Park. Referees are human, they f**k up, and badly sometime but to think they have it in for Raith is ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really? I think every fan could find multiple examples of shite refereeing against their team. From an Arbroath perspective, we’ve had several ridiculous penalty decisions go against us this season, including the first game at Starks Park. Referees are human, they f**k up, and badly sometime but to think they have it in for Raith is ridiculous.

Did I say that Referees have it in for Raith? Learn to read before responding. Nice of you to agree that some of the refereeing is shite tho. The fact remains that too many games are decided by shite refereeing, and as I said that could well affect the outcome in the run in.

Did I say that Referees have it in for Raith? Learn to read before responding. Nice of you to agree that some of the refereeing is shite tho. The fact remains that too many games are decided by shite refereeing, and as I said that could well affect the outcome in the run in.

Referees can be poor but I can barely think of any games that have been decided by poor refereeing. That’s just looking for excuses

49 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Getting your complaints about the referee in early.

Gavin Duncan, generally competent, but a bit more than average on penalty awards...if he remembered to take his COVID test.