Raith Rovers v Arbroath

Even if Macca, Matthews and Gullan are fit, we'd have to do something we've not done this season (or even last nor in fact since 21/03/2018) and that's win 3 league games on the bounce.

If MacDonald, Gullan and Matthews are fit and we play our strongest line we should win. However, I’m not sure how likely it is those 3 will be available. Also, I worry McGlynn might try to rotate the squad again with one eye on QOS a few days later.

If so, another Morton/Ayr/Inverness home game could certainly be on the cards with Arbroath being stuffy, well organised and working hard and chances at a premium with 0-0 or 1-0 either way looking likely.

Hopefully we go as strong as possible, a win could be huge with QOS and Inverness playing each other. A draw there and a win for us and we would be in a very, very strong position for the play offs.

5 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Hopefully we go as strong as possible, a win could be huge with QOS and Inverness playing each other. A draw there and a win for us and we would be in a very, very strong position for the play offs.

A win, regardless of other results, would likely cement playoff football (barring a Roveresque collapse). A win or draw cements at least Championship football next season...making us an attractive suitor for some players. At least a point, and preferably three, is the ask for the Lichties, especially if the Tuesday results favor them. With Ayr and Morton both looking at the very real chance of zero points from two games, anything gathered will be potentially life saving.

If we have MacDonald, Matthews and Gullan back then I'll be a lot more confident - Matthews in particular given we look a completely different team when he's involved. I don't feel like there's any pressure on us. It would be shite to finish outside the playoffs now but if we finished second then frankly we've massively exceeded our expectations. If we play like we did in the first 20 minutes of yesterday or the 90 against the Pars we should be winning this. With that said, Dick Campbell is a far better manager than Stevie Crawford. 

This is the first time in five weeks we'll have not played midweek so hopefully we'll benefit from a bit of a rest. 

We’re a bit all over the place just now injuries have made us shift line ups every week. We should have won the last game 3/4-0 at Gayfield and we got battered first game of season through there.

I would just go same team but Hilson or McKenna in for Doolan, no sure about Low, he was excellent but looked knackered early on and think Raith have a lot more legs in midfield and going forward. But f**k it I’d put him in. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

A win, regardless of other results, would likely cement playoff football (barring a Roveresque collapse). A win or draw cements at least Championship football next season...making us an attractive suitor for some players. At least a point, and preferably three, is the ask for the Lichties, especially if the Tuesday results favor them. With Ayr and Morton both looking at the very real chance of zero points from two games, anything gathered will be potentially life saving.

Is probable that the results this midweek might affect McGlynn's thinking as to squad rotation for these 3 matches. Two wins from three and we're almost certainly going to finish no worse than 3rd. 

This will be a frustrating game, I feel. We won't get the time and space we got against Dunfermline here so I wouldn't be surprised to see McGlynn change things up again. I'd stick with Vaughan and Gullan up front regardless as or other options up there are head in your hands material. 

I think Arbroath are safe from 10th place but it's mega tight down there in the race to avoid 9th.

All depends on who is fit.  If we can have Vaughan and Gullan as the front two, we should be fine, as their movement makes us really difficult to play against.

However, the difference when Duku came on was huge yesterday - I would worry if we have to start with him and/or Ugwu.  

Tough game ahead, but if we were to win this then I think we would be pretty much there.  

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If we have MacDonald, Matthews and Gullan back then I'll be a lot more confident - Matthews in particular given we look a completely different team when he's involved. I don't feel like there's any pressure on us. It would be shite to finish outside the playoffs now but if we finished second then frankly we've massively exceeded our expectations. If we play like we did in the first 20 minutes of yesterday or the 90 against the Pars we should be winning this. With that said, Dick Campbell is a far better manager than Stevie Crawford. 

This is the first time in five weeks we'll have not played midweek so hopefully we'll benefit from a bit of a rest. 

Agree to this, which is why I’d like Matthews to rest until he’s better, or be saved for “necessary” games. A few more games of rest should hopefully have him at 100% for the playoffs...and while 2nd is huge, having Matthews back at 100% might be even more important.

Have to go to Kirkcaldy with the sole intention of picking up the 3 points. Non of this settling for a draw stuff. 

very much enjoyed the Raith PPV on opening day, remind me the price again please 

Edited by lichtie23

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Have to go to Kirkcaldy with the sole intention of picking up the 3 points. Non of this settling for a draw stuff. 

very much enjoyed the Raith PPV on opening day, remind me the price again please 

£12. 

Here's hoping you have a similar experience, and a similar end result.. 

Must be rough when the best moment watching your club is beating a team involving Nat Wedderburn and Nathan Flanagan tbh. 

Im not sure what was better hammy’s goal or the lead up when the “past it” jason thomson megged the boy & crossed it in