Greenockians ~vs~ Invernesians

Not sure why the commentators are saying you can pick the ball up from a pass back because he decided to head the ball first.

Also was it not on the edge of the six yard box as you can’t get fouls inside it?

That's the game.

This had actually been an okay performance for the first 35 minutes and we'd been the better team, then we conceded the most shambolic goal of the season so far and now we've collapsed. Only a question of how many now.

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Not sure why the commentators are saying you can pick the ball up from a pass back because he decided to head the ball first.

Also was it not on the edge of the six yard box as you can’t get fouls inside it?

That's my understanding. If a keeper picks up a back pass then it's an indirect free kick. If the keeper picks up the back pass inside their own 6 yard area then it's an indirect free kick on the 6 yard as close to the offence as possible.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

That's my understanding. If a keeper picks up a back pass then it's an indirect free kick. If the keeper picks up the back pass inside their own 6 yard area then it's an indirect free kick on the 6 yard as close to the offence as possible.

They’ve really taken the hump since the perfectly called decision from the ref then.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Correct, Andy Ritchie's greeting about the decision was really starting to grate. I thought it was fairly common knowledge, you can't exactly have a free kick practically on the goal line.

Anyway, can't see any way back into this one, this game's over. Just hoping that Ayr don't get anything against Dundee.

1 minute ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Correct, Andy Ritchie's greeting about the decision was really starting to grate. I thought it was fairly common knowledge, you can't exactly have a free kick practically on the goal line.

Anyway, can't see any way back into this one, this game's over. Just hoping that Ayr don't get anything against Dundee.

To be fair I guess it's not something you see too often. A keeper doesn't normally handle a pass back that deep in the box :lol: 

But I agree his constant whining about it since then is a bit grating.

Allardice did well to find the net and another superb finish by Todorov as well. We took a while to get going but we seem to have settled down very nicely from about the 20th minute.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

They’ve really taken the hump since the perfectly called decision from the ref then.

On the 6 yard line at goal line if it's the closest point surely.

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I’d actually get a forward off (guess what he’s called) and get another body in midfield.

We definitely need another body in midfield, but we're as well removing a centre back to do it. We're more likely to concede another couple with three centre backs including McGinty than we are with two centre backs without him.

Edited by Dunning1874

Not a handball for me. Right at the top of the arm and I seem to recall that very top part isn't counted. We should be defending that better anyway. Morton have been dropping balls in behind our full backs a lot in the last few minutes. We didn't heed the warnings.