Airdrie v Falkirk, 7th April 2021

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We've still to play Cove twice so it's in their hands as much as it's in ours really.

Aye, it's not over, of course, not saying it is won and wrapped up, but you've got a decent cushion. The odds on yous throwing it away now would be pretty short; you are firmly favourites at this stage. 2-7 seem likely to beat each other/draw with each other enough to stop anyone building up a head of steam. I don't see Falkirk running away with it, but I do think yous look likely to limp over the line. Cupla draws in the Cove games would do you, and that is assuming they don't drop points elsewhere, which they likely will. 

Cove can look at those two games and try to stay in touching distance, sure, but I know which position I'd rather be in. Falkirk's title to lose, essentially. 

We really need to 6-0 someone this season to help the GD, so that when we inevitably bottle it against Cove x2 we still have a slender lead.

Sadly the way we've been performing recently makes that looks quite impossible, maybe Clyde would be a good target though as they'll have played about 100 matches in the two weeks before our game with them.

I've just bought it - more to do with the fact there is f**k all else to do. 

Mutch

Neilson - McLelland - Dixon - Deveney

Telfer - Gomis - Alston - Morrsion

Dowds - Keena. 

I'd love to see how Neilson would do if he had the freedom get up and down the line. Telfer won't have the legs for it but would create plenty of space for Neilson. I think they would link quite well. 

On the other side, Morrison cutting in and running at Airdrie's  centre halves would allow Keena to slip out and behind the full backs and just be a bit of a pain in the arse to defend against. 

It should be so fucking simple to play that team and expect a bit of energy and creativity from Morrison, Telfer and Alston and a few chances for both Keena and Dowds but you just know it wont happen. Leitch and Francis will stink the place out.

I'm on the fence with buying it. I'm trying to tell myself that if it's crap I can always switch on the champions league but inside I'm thinking do I really watch to watch a football match that Paul Pauton, Leitch and Ben Hall will be starting in?

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm on the fence with buying it. I'm trying to tell myself that if it's crap I can always switch on the champions league but inside I'm thinking do I really watch to watch a football match that Paul Pauton, Leitch and Ben Hall will be starting in?

Reading the posts from both sides only sure bet tonight is the lack of confidence in both teams for various reasons I hope the diamonds win and 11/1 for 1-0 is good odds however it could just as much be 3-1 Falkirk at 12s. 

As for the Diamonds starting 11 wouldn't even try to guess what Murray will come up with other than we will have a long throw expert in the line up ♦️

Edited by Eric the half a b

13 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Reading the posts from both sides only sure bet tonight is the lack of confidence in both teams for various reasons I hope the diamonds win and 11/1 for 1-0 is good odds however it could just as much be 3-1 Falkirk at 12s. 

As for the Diamonds starting 11 wouldn't even try to guess what Murray will come up with other than we will have a long throw expert in the line up ♦️

If Murray has any sense he'll play Connell again as he ran Dixon and Hall ragged at the falkirk stadium. The thought of Ben Hall trying to deal with a long throw gives me the absolute fear.

7 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Sadly i have zero enthusiasm for this. Too many times I start to think we have it sussed then next game abysmal. Can't think of a time during the 58 years I have watched the bairns that I had so little interest.

I am the same, no chance I'm paying to watch this. If I hadn't bought a ST I wouldn't be watching home games either.

If we were to lose this game tonight - given what is at stake this season - I would bin the both of them before our bottle completely crashes. We have no room for error. Sadly, we all know this wouldn't happen and we would leave it far too late.

Tick tock tick tock awaiting our team sheet to see if I'm crabit afore a ball is kicked.

Will we freshen things up or will the magnetic pegs be drawn to the same holes.

Neilson surely has to start the bare minimum, hopefully Morrison is fit and was just rested and a huge bonus would be if Connolly is fit, he was a big factor in our form last season.

If Dowds is out I'd be tempted to play Morrison just behind Keena, he has pace energy and would help him stay onside. I'd throw Alston to mid right in that scenario, tried and tested other than square pegs round holes

Slightly better line-up imo, would have preferred 2 up front though.

Looks like Dowds is crocked then. Maybe one day we'll actually get to see him and Keena up front together 

Mercer in at CH beside Hall? 

169558895_392516245481799_45860577484237

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876