Airdrie v Falkirk, 7th April 2021

8 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Our home form is so woeful and our general performances so inconsistent, I’ve absolutely no idea who might come out on top. 

Assume we’ll get a chance to see Murray’s preferred line-up if Paton is back from injury but no one can ever predict with any certainty  what is going to appear on the team sheet. The man spends too much time inside his own head. 

I forgot Paul Paton was with you guys, bet we still give him half an hour to turn around to face us even though we know he is slower than the Evergreen turning in the Suez.

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

No, but finding ourselves in League 2 with no decent players and nothing of a valuable asset has EVERYTHING to do with those decisions.
The facts are that we are still top of the table and removing them now would be tantamount to professional suicide imo..

Everything is a massive exaggeration. It's one of many factors. Myriad abysmal decisions, stretching back well over a decade, have contributed to the current situation.

Professional suicide will be keeping these two on after the conclusion of this season, whatever its eventual outcome. We need so, so much better.

Everything is a massive exaggeration. It's one of many factors. Myriad abysmal decisions, stretching back well over a decade, have contributed to the current situation.
Professional suicide will be keeping these two on after the conclusion of this season, whatever its eventual outcome. We need so, so much better.

If the club had not unfortunately peaked at a time when we had big clubs in the Championship we would have been in the Premier League.
If Covid hadn’t hit last year I think it’s odds on we would have been promoted.
In other words, for peak points in the last few years we have been a victim of circumstances.
What broke us were the poor strategic decisions that we made after we sacked Houstie.
It’s been downhill on a steep slope since and the slope is still steep and difficult to climb out of. Despite the mass hysteria, I think we will climb out this season.
Whether we keep ourselves from tipping back down again depends on better decision making, and, if we keep M and M, whether they show they have more tactical nous than they have shown of recent.
But one things for sure, it’s been reactive decisions that have made things worse ever since we appointed Hartley and unless we get some stability we will start the steep descent again...

This is going to be fucking grim. Either a low scoring draw or a jammy 1-0 win. We’ll be absolutely brutal as usual. Keena up top himself with no support balls occasionally getting fired up in his general direction and the team in general looking they’ve not got any kind of game plan or style of play.

Ben Hall and Robbie Leitch both to start and I’ll be utterly seething at the incompetence of dumb and dumber for continuing to pick these 2 ringers.

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Id rather lose 3-0 than the 8-1 the last time we attacked in a cup game there.

Prior to last night, we’d been at Celtic Park twice for a cup game since the 8-1 defeat. The following season, we took them to extra time before eventually losing 2-1. The season after that, we managed to defeat them on penalties...Pretty sure we attacked on both those occasions 🤦🏼‍♂️ Let’s also not forget Pressley’s young team took them on in the semi finals at Hampden and gave a very good account of themselves in a 3-1 defeat. We attacked them that day as well, but obviously you knew that. 🥴

Edited by MSG GTF!

14 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Prior to last night, we’d been at Celtic Park twice for a cup game since the 8-1 defeat. The following season, we took them to extra time before eventually losing 2-1. The season after that, we managed to defeat them on penalties...Pretty sure we attacked on both those occasions 🤦🏼‍♂️ Let’s also not forget Pressley’s young team took them on in the semi finals at Hampden and gave a very good account of themselves in a 3-1 defeat. We attacked them that day as well, but obviously you knew that. 🥴

Other than your cheap points scoring effort, are you genuinely saying we could have went to Parkhead with our current squad, fielded a weakened side (which was the right thing to do given the league is all that matters), and won? Or even competed?

Otherwise your post is irrelevant.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Other than your cheap points scoring effort, are you genuinely saying we could have went to Parkhead with our current squad, fielded a weakened side (which was the right thing to do given the league is all that matters), and won? Or even competed?

Otherwise your post is irrelevant.

Quote me any Falkirk fan who genuinely believed we had a chance of winning last night. However, I’d much rather see my team at least attempt to have a shot at goal regardless of who the opposition is than witness that embarrassment ever again. Those tactics were an utter disgrace to the Club.

As for the “cheap points scoring” accusation, I was merely pointing out your factually inaccurate p!sh. 

Quote me any Falkirk fan who genuinely believed we had a chance of winning last night. However, I’d much rather see my team at least attempt to have a shot at goal regardless of who the opposition is than witness that embarrassment ever again. Those tactics were an utter disgrace to the Club.
As for the “cheap points scoring” accusation, I was merely pointing out your factually inaccurate p!sh. 

I don’t believe the problem last night was the set up. I honestly think the players lacked the ability to create anything whatsoever. As indeed did our chief rivals at Ibrox today, bar one, incidentally.
As for talking pish, I’ll leave it to your expertise on the subject to advise.....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t believe the problem last night was the set up. I honestly think the players lacked the ability to create anything whatsoever. As indeed did our chief rivals at Ibrox today, bar one, incidentally.
As for talking pish, I’ll leave it to your expertise on the subject to advise.....

You think these professional players lacked the ability to string more than 3 passes together, or the ability to deliver a hopeful ball from a set piece into the opposition box (especially given the problems Celtic have endured from set pieces this season)? Dear God, is this really how low our standards have sunk? We were playing a Celtic team having their worst season in a decade for fu*k sake, it was hardly Pep’s Man City we were up against. 

Regarding your last sentence (evidently still seething at being corrected), it helps if you know your facts before spouting sh!te to back up a point.

14 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Do quote where I said they are doing an amazing job?
The fact that I want to have a sense of objectivity isn’t a justification for your attack.
It was pretty much unanimous on our thread that we should put a weakened side and get the game out of the way and that’s what we did. Promotion is all that matters this season. Let’s worry about whether they should be in charge once we are promoted. Making a change at this stage isn’t about to help 
IIMG_1617536055.026384.jpg

The thing is, so many of us on here just can't see getting promoted under M&M. With every game they are becoming more scared and negative, setting up the team (as much as they have the ability to do that, which is debatable) not to lose, which for Falkirk in the 3rd tier is embarrassing.

I really hope that all the talk of Gary Deans and the board believing that M&M are the management team that they see taking us into the championship and beyond is just that, talk. I am praying that they are working behind the scenes to have somebody else lined up, somebody with a bit of experience and nous who will get us out of this shitfest of a league. Don't ask me who, but there has to be somebody out there.

M&M's joking with Keena over the mask when we are getting absolutely humped, in terms of possession if not goals against, shows their total lack of professionalism and lack of respect for the club I love.

They've got to go, and sooner rather than later.

We have to get back to 2 up front for this one.  Dowds injury is a blow but he'll hopefully be fit, if not then Sammon has shown slightly more than Francis this season.  

Incidently I've slowly forming the opinion that Mutch isn't good enough (though should be fine for League 1), Morrison is 'limited' and Keena not the goal machine we were all hoping for when he was out injured... nevertheless:

Mutch

Neilson.  McLelland, Dixon  Deveney

Morrison. Gomis.  Telfer.   Connolly

Sammon.  Keena

If Connolly still out then Alston in Morrison/Alston switching sides.  Having Alston (or Telfer) out wide isn't ideal but seeing nothing from Fotheringham to suggest he's ready.  

What it will most likely actually be: 

Mutch

Mercer.   Hall.   Durnan.   Dixon

Morrison   Alston.  Gomis.   Fotheringham

Keena.    Francis

Even typing that team out is painful.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

17 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Keena not the goal machine we were all hoping for.

I saw him in the pre-season friendlies where he got some decent service and he finished his chances well. He certainly isn`t getting that type of service now. Reminds me of the way we played to Ken Eadie after signing him from Brechin where he scored 44 goals from 89 games.

He played 52 games for us, mostly as a lone striker and managed 9 goals. He certainly didn`t look like a goal machine with us.

When he left us for Clydebank, he showed what he could do when he played in an attacking set up. Scoring 149 goals in 276 games. Still Clydebank`s record scorer.

28 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We have to get back to 2 up front for this one.  Dowds injury is a blow but he'll hopefully be fit, if not then Sammon has shown slightly more than Francis this season.  

Incidently I've slowly forming the opinion that Mutch isn't good enough (though should be fine for League 1), Morrison is 'limited' and Keena not the goal machine we were all hoping for when he was out injured... nevertheless:

Mutch

Sammon.  Keena

If Connolly still out then Alston in Morrison/Alston switching sides.  Having Alston (or Telfer) out wide isn't ideal but seeing nothing from Fotheringham to suggest he's ready.  

What it will most likely actually be: 

Mutch

Mercer.   Hall.   Durnan.   Dixon

Morrison   Alston.  Gomis.   Fotheringham

Keena.    Francis

Even typing that team out is painful.  

Well, Durnan  is suspended so we can forget him.

Youve forgotten about the undroppable Leitch?

Guest Peter LaFleur

As much as I’d like us to go 4-4-2 there’s not a chance I’d give either Sammon or Francis another starting 11 place. Both are fucking rotten. If Dowds misses out tomorrow I’d go with:

Mutch

Neilson McClelland Dixon Deveney

Gomis Telfer

Morrison Alston Connolly/Fotheringham

Keena

With two full backs who can actually get up and down the park we should be a lot more attacking minded allowing more support and service to Keena.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

34 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Mutch

Sammon.  Keena

This is absolutely how I would set up (if Dowds is injured).

Which means there's no chance M&M will decide this is how we should play. We'll end up with the utter tedium of 1 up front and Leitch in the starting line-up

27 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

As much as I’d like us to go 4-4-2 there’s not a chance I’d give either Sammon or Francis another starting 11 place. Both are fucking rotten. If Dowds misses out tomorrow I’d go with:

Mutch

Gomis Telfer

Keena

With two full backs who can actually get up and down the park we should be a lot more attacking minded allowing more support and service to Keena.

I like this team but there's absolutely no chance we see it. 

If we are playing one up front, as stated above from a few ideal selections, they have to get a lot closer to Keena. Someone in the number 10 basically playing as a second striker, or the wide players have to almost be inside forwards. For the latter, you’d need Neilson and Devaney/Dixon to be bombing down the wings to help with the width.

So of course it’ll be Miller and Dixon at full back, Gomis as a holding midfielder, and Keena isolated.

38 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Mutch

Gomis Telfer

Keena

I feel like that might be the best XI any side in this league can put on the park. I predict at least 4 changes from that side though unfortunately.

Guest Ecosse83

I’d prefer 442 with Sammon partnering Keena. If we go 451 it doesn’t matter who we play in any of the positions the team won’t be set up to support Keena. 

In my opinion our only hope is 442 which all the players will be familiar with throughout their careers so might be able to muster something up themselves, let’s face it they are getting zero help from hoddit and doddit on the touch line of the training ground!