Airdrie v Falkirk, 7th April 2021

Guest Peter LaFleur

Draw or defeat with at least 3 questionable starting 11 selections. “Leitchy” doing enough at Parkhead etc.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Will this thread be less depressing?

On the assumption that your beloved management team are still in place? No

A shot at goal is their primary objective for this particular match.

On the assumption that your beloved management team are still in place? No
A shot at goal is their primary objective for this particular match.

Do quote where I said they are doing an amazing job?
The fact that I want to have a sense of objectivity isn’t a justification for your attack.
It was pretty much unanimous on our thread that we should put a weakened side and get the game out of the way and that’s what we did. Promotion is all that matters this season. Let’s worry about whether they should be in charge once we are promoted. Making a change at this stage isn’t about to help us.
For an hour or we defended really well but in the end they overpowered us. Do I care? Not a jot.
Id rather lose 3-0 than the 8-1 the last time we attacked in a cup game there.
If we want to play more enterprising football against the old firm we can. It didn’t make any difference though,under M and M....
IMG_1617536055.026384.jpg

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Do quote where I said they are doing an amazing job?
The fact that I want to have a sense of objectivity isn’t a justification for your attack.
It was pretty much unanimous on our thread that we should put a weakened side and get the game out of the way and that’s what we did. Promotion is all that matters this season. Let’s worry about whether they should be in charge once we are promoted. Making a change at this stage isn’t about to help us.
For an hour or we defended really well but in the end they overpowered us. Do I care? Not a jot.
Id rather lose 3-0 than the 8-1 the last time we attacked in a cup game there.
If we want to play more enterprising football against the old firm we can. It didn’t make any difference though,under M and M....
IMG_1617536055.026384.jpg

42 shots. To zero. A complete, utter and total embarrassment for any so-called professional football club. This so-called weakened side simply showed up their ineptitude, containing several players they should be selecting for league games rather than sending them out like lambs to the slaughter at Parkhead before dumping them back on the bench and restoring all the usual dross to the starting line-up for the games that really matter. Which is a certainty to happen on Tuesday.

Miller and McCracken could not set up a team to play "enterprising football" if their life depended on it. They are petrified of playing of Dumbarton at home. And on the evidence of the utter garbage they are serving up game after game after game against the most mediocre of opponents, there should be zero debate or "worry" about them being in charge next year. Promotion or not, they need to be out the door as soon as this season is finished.

42 shots. To zero. A complete, utter and total embarrassment for any so-called professional football club. This so-called weakened side simply showed up their ineptitude, containing several players they should be selecting for league games rather than sending them out like lambs to the slaughter at Parkhead before dumping them back on the bench and restoring all the usual dross to the starting line-up for the games that really matter. Which is a certainty to happen on Tuesday.
Miller and McCracken could not set up a team to play "enterprising football" if their life depended on it. They are petrified of playing of Dumbarton at home. And on the evidence of the utter garbage they are serving up game after game after game against the most mediocre of opponents, there should be zero debate or "worry" about them being in charge next year. Promotion or not, they need to be out the door as soon as this season is finished.

If you ask me whether I want to lose 3-0 or 8-1 and which result people will remember I’d be surprised if you needed to ask me which I’d prefer. No one will remember the stats in a fortnight.
The rest of your post is the same stuff we read week after week regurgitated on our thread.
Three years ago I warned when we took the decision to close the academy and undertake project Brentford that it could be the biggest risk we have ever made and may come back to bite us for years to come.
Half the posters on this site were quite happy with the decision at the time.
It’s that decision that’s put us where we’d are and it’s a long way back from there unfortunately.
M and M probably are not the men to lead us to the Premiership but the damage was done long before they came anywhere near the current role.
The truth is that when you get rid of any core blood you have in the club or anyone who really wants to be part of the club’s future, you end up with a bunch of journeymen who really couldn’t give a toss playing for you.
Guess where we have ended up?....

Should be an interesting game.   We did beat Falkirk earlier in the season but the was our last win before Tuesday at dumbarton.    Our home form is shocking and as per usual  this season nobody could predict our starting 11 or formation.    

I really should be saying go for a win and try to push upwards but the way this season has been for us I'd take a draw.    Big prediction lose at home again and mr Murray will be out of a job. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

If you ask me whether I want to lose 3-0 or 8-1 and which result people will remember I’d be surprised if you needed to ask me which I’d prefer. No one will remember the stats in a fortnight.
The rest of your post is the same stuff we read week after week regurgitated on our thread.
Three years ago I warned when we took the decision to close the academy and undertake project Brentford that it could be the biggest risk we have ever made and may come back to bite us for years to come.
It’s that decision that’s put us where we’d are and it’s a long way back from there unfortunately.
M and M probably are not the men to lead us to the Premiership but the damage was done long before they came anywhere near the current role.
The truth is that when you get rid of any core blood you have in the club or anyone who really wants to be part of the club’s future, you end up with a bunch of journeymen who really couldn’t give a toss playing for you.

Celtic 42 shots, Falkirk 0 (zero) shots.

Possibly the most embarrassing statistics in the history of our club.

Really won’t be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

The closure of the academy - a decision taken three and a half years ago - has absolutely no bearing or influence on the decisions and performance of the current management team. No influence on style of play. Or tactics. Or approach to games. Or team selection. Or signings. Or resignings.

None whatsoever. Their responsibility. No-one else's.

6 hours ago, AGPar said:
The closure of the academy - a decision taken three and a half years ago - has absolutely no bearing or influence on the decisions and performance of the current management team. No influence on style of play. Or tactics. Or approach to games. Or team selection. Or signings. Or resignings.
None whatsoever. Their responsibility. No-one else's.

No, but finding ourselves in League 1 with no decent players and nothing of a valuable asset has EVERYTHING to do with those decisions.
The facts are that we are still top of the table and removing them now would be tantamount to professional suicide imo..

Edited by roman_bairn

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

1-1. Absolute shitfest with Airdrie scoring first and us scrambling about getting a late equaliser. 

"A great point. It's a really hard venue to come and play football. The boys showed great character in battling away. We go again"

Like any sane Bairn I'll be checking my phone for the final score at 10pm and that's about as invested as I can bear to get in this mob.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

"A great point. It's a really hard venue to come and play football. The boys showed great character in battling away. We go again"

Like any sane Bairn I'll be checking my phone for the final score at 10pm and that's about as invested as I can bear to get in this mob.

Your right it is a hard venue to come and play football but not as hard as its been watching the diamonds finding it hard to play football at this hard  venue has   been murder ♦️

We have done fine against Falkirk since you joined the seaside Leagues. That could be because it is a bit of playing against a ( recently) more successful club. It could also be because Falkirk  lacked the edge to break down quite a solid back four etc. However our home form against so many others has been poor when we have to attack/recover after losing opening goal. Winning at Dumbarton was maybe better than we thought and I am up for a compelling 0-0 draw. 

Definitely fancy us in this one, if only because, as others have said, our record against Falkirk recently is excellent.

I don’t think there’ll be any surprises in how we’ll go about this one - the focus will be on remaining compact and being organised. The big question will be, have Falkirk learned lessons from those recent games? If not, I expect a similar game and outcome - low scoring Airdrie win or draw.

As some of our guys have said already on the thread, our lineup is far from obvious but assuming most of the players are fit and available, I’d go...

Currie

P.McKay Crighton Fordyce McCann

Turner Paton Sabbatini

Gallacher Carrick Roy

Hard fought 1-0 Airdrie victory...no shots on target for Falkirk! 😏

Our home form is so woeful and our general performances so inconsistent, I’ve absolutely no idea who might come out on top. 

Assume we’ll get a chance to see Murray’s preferred line-up if Paton is back from injury but no one can ever predict with any certainty  what is going to appear on the team sheet. The man spends too much time inside his own head.