Scottish Cup 4th (and 5th) Round Draw

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

It has to change sometime. The law of averages and all that. 

Shame no fans are likely to be allowed in to Fir Park 😤

Maybe when Morton have a different squad of players. We've lost heavily with better teams in recent years.

Edited by GiGi

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Easy draw. 

So are these all going to be on Premier Sports? Am I going to have to subscribe to watch 1 single game here? 

How else have you watched the Rangers over the years?

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

How else have you watched the Rangers over the years?

Through my BT and Sky sports subscription, I thought if there was an OF it would be on one of those channels, there should be a specific mechanism so the big boys don't have to play on the diddy station. 

Are the SFA really that incompetent they've sold the whole of the Scottish Cup to Premier Sports?

Through my BT and Sky sports subscription, I thought if there was an OF it would be on one of those channels, there should be a specific mechanism so the big boys don't have to play on the diddy station. 
Are the SFA really that incompetent they've sold the whole of the Scottish Cup to Premier Sports?
Premier Sports' MO has been to show nobody except the Old Firm. It's been that way since 2019.

For those who like a moan about a cup draw, I'd just like to point out our last 3 seasons.  Violins at the ready:

2018-19 Scottish Cup Celtic (A) 5th round.  League Cup Celtic (H) QF.

2019-20 Scottish Cup Celtic (H) QF.

2020-21  If we beat Clyde in the next round: Scottish Cup Celtic/ Rangers (A) QF

4 hours ago, Torfason said:

I just can’t believe that Sevco got Celtic. I demand an inquiry, have we stopped putting their balls in the fridge before the draw? 🤐

Balls were defo in the fridge. They've got to get the OF game in but worried the green half won't get to the quarters so getting it in now. 

8 hours ago, Shteve said:

Rangers 

Killie

Livi

QoS. 

That's my semi final line up as a neutral.

I like the look of that parallel universe that you're living in Steve, I like it a lot. Trouble is if in some mad crazed dream it came true then Queens would be Friar Tucked eventually cos about a third of our lot are on loan from Govan and I imagine wouldn't be able to play against their parent club. Nice semi line up though..... just need to hope it doesn't include the Govan side. 

I know that it’s a running joke that the draws are fixed to avoid meetings between a certain pair of teams, but anyone who genuinely believes it’s the case (and, subsequently that “something went wrong” with this draw) needs to get in the sea. 

On 04/04/2021 at 14:29, The Master said:

For the 4th round TV picks, Premier’s first pick is obvious regardless of what happens later. I think they’ll also take Aberdeen v Livingston because it requires the least effort. 

Forfar v Dundee Utd and, if they win tomorrow, Stranraer v Hibs on the BBC. No idea what the second tie will be if Queen of the South win (or what their third pick will be if they have one). 

After tonights result I would agree with this. I think BBC only had 2 ties at this stage last year. BSC Glasgow v Hibs and Falkirk v Hearts. 

Edited by C. Muir

11 hours ago, C. Muir said:

After tonights result I would agree with this. I think BBC only had 2 ties at this stage last year. BSC Glasgow v Hibs and Falkirk v Hearts. 

They had 3 ties in the last round when normally they would have 2.

They also showed 2 in R2 when normally they'd show 1, although that's probably because there was one fewer round before the Premiership teams came in (normally they'd show one game in each of R1-3, with the Premiership teams joining in R4). 

It's possible the extra game in R3 was compensation for the delay to the tournament and they'll go back to having 2. I guess we should find out in the next couple of days.

Edited by The Master

Old Firm & Aberdeen Livi - Premier Sports

Stranraer Hibs, Forfar Dundee Utd & maybe St Mirren Inverness (if they pick 3 games again) - BBC imo.

Hopefully find out today.

Friday night game for the BBC’s favourite Capital City Ballers si’l vous plait.

30 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Old Firm & Aberdeen Livi - Premier Sports

Stranraer Hibs, Forfar Dundee Utd & maybe St Mirren Inverness (if they pick 3 games again) - BBC imo.

Hopefully find out today.

Friday night game for the BBC’s favourite Capital City Ballers si’l vous plait.

Assuming they do pick up Stranraer v Hibs and Forfar v Dundee Utd, it would be a bit shit of the BBC to make Stranraer play Tuesday-Friday when Forfar are idle that midweek.

Obviously there's nothing inherently wrong with Tuesday-Friday, but given the current gruelling schedule the lower leagues are facing I don't think it's unreasonable to avoid unnecessarily close scheduling. 

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Assuming they do pick up Stranraer v Hibs and Forfar v Dundee Utd, it would be a bit shit of the BBC to make Stranraer play Tuesday-Friday when Forfar are idle that midweek.

Obviously there's nothing inherently wrong with Tuesday-Friday, but given the current gruelling schedule the lower leagues are facing I don't think it's unreasonable to avoid unnecessarily close scheduling. 

That’s a fair point I didn’t even think about, was a purely selfish perspective as I enjoy a Friday night game. Saturday lunchtime it is.