Scottish Cup 4th (and 5th) Round Draw

The sponsorship was worth just over £1m a year as far as I can gather. However, the domestic TV rights are worth over £3m a year, so I guess overall prize money will be down about 25-30% unless there are other commercial deals.

The relative value of sponsorship deals compared to broadcasting deals is always overestimated - it's the same with the SPFL. The prize money in the Scottish Cup is always much lower than the League Cup too.

Clubs playing in the 1st Prelim Round will receive £3,000
Clubs playing in the 2nd Prelim Round will receive £4,000
Clubs playing in Round One will receive £5,000
Clubs playing in Round Two will receive £6,000
Clubs playing in Round Three will receive £20,000
Clubs playing in Round Four will receive £40,000
Clubs Playing in Round Five will receive £80,000
Semi-Finalist Clubs will receive £100,000
Loser of the Final Tie will receive £160,000
Winner of the Final Tie will receive £240,000

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Premier have a 90-minute build up to their game on Sunday :lol: 

Also been showing "Classic Old Firms" from yesteryear in both the League Cup and Scottish Cup. Funnily enough in the week before the Betfred Cup final they couldn't find time to show Livi's 2004 triumph or St Johnstone's Scottish Cup win in 2014.

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When do you reckon we'll be told the televised games? As an Ayr fan, the distraction of watching decent teams on council TV is all I have to look forward to 😬

Even before all the games are played I think the TV picks are 90% certain because Aberdeen v Dundee Utd seems an obvious choice for Premier’s second pick. 

That leaves Kilmarnock v St Mirren and Stranraer/Hibs v Motherwell on the BBC. 

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

Even before all the games are played I think the TV picks are 90% certain because Aberdeen v Dundee Utd seems an obvious choice for Premier’s second pick. 

That leaves Kilmarnock v St Mirren and Stranraer/Hibs v Motherwell on the BBC. 

I'd agree with that being the second choice game. Wonder if the BBC would keep one of those games to the Saturday or have a Fri or Sun/Mon game

Last time the quarter finals had eight top flight sides? Checked the last ten years without success but can’t be arsed going back further.
Obviously aware that Hibs could Hibs it against Stranraer...

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

The BBC will go for the Hibs vs Well game and Killmarnock vs St mirren. The Aberdeen game will probably be taken by Premier along side the Old Firm Victor vs St Johnstone.

What should I do with my £12 this week?

3 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Watch the Hamilton vs Motherwell match. Alternatively you could pay someone to punch you in both eyes and still get the same value.

haha. I mean, Hamilton always plays like Barca against the Well, so it could be money well spent.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fcking joke we're still waiting to hear what games will be on council tv

To be fair, it’s not a case of what games will be on cooncil telly, it’s more about just when they will be on.

Absolute stick on you have Hibs v Well and Killie v Maureens to look forward to next weekend.

I’m sure they will all be thrashing out the details over bacon rolls, pastries and coffee first thing tomorrow morning.

9 minutes ago, MacArab said:

To be fair, it’s not a case of what games will be on cooncil telly, it’s more about just when they will be on.

Absolute stick on you have Hibs v Well and Killie v Maureens to look forward to next weekend.

I’m sure they will all be thrashing out the details over bacon rolls, pastries and coffee first thing tomorrow morning.

Aye that's true. Would be a real curveball if those games werent the ones shown on council TV!

Dont think there will be a Fri night game, so BBC will probably have a Sat 12pm game and a Sunday or Monday one 

Their TV schedule for next week has two live Scottish Cup shows listed - Sunday at 2:05pm and Monday at 7pm. I'm therefore guessing that we'll have a 2:30pm kick-off on Sunday and a 7:30pm kick-off on Monday. What way round the two games are is anyone's guess.