Scottish Cup 4th (and 5th) Round Draw

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Their TV schedule for next week has two live Scottish Cup shows listed - Sunday at 2:05pm and Monday at 7pm. I'm therefore guessing that we'll have a 2:30pm kick-off on Sunday and a 7:30pm kick-off on Monday. What way round the two games are is anyone's guess.

The BBC schedule? Where did you see that

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Their TV schedule for next week has two live Scottish Cup shows listed - Sunday at 2:05pm and Monday at 7pm. I'm therefore guessing that we'll have a 2:30pm kick-off on Sunday and a 7:30pm kick-off on Monday. What way round the two games are is anyone's guess.

A 7pm programme start suggests a 7.05pm kick-off which gets them off air in time for The Nine (extra time notwithstanding).

The general rule on BBC Scotland is either 7pm for 7.05pm or 7.30pm for 7.45pm which allows them to show The Nine or The Seven respectively. 

10 hours ago, The Master said:

A 7pm programme start suggests a 7.05pm kick-off which gets them off air in time for The Nine (extra time notwithstanding).

The general rule on BBC Scotland is either 7pm for 7.05pm or 7.30pm for 7.45pm which allows them to show The Nine or The Seven respectively. 

7:45pm kick-off it is, so presumably the schedule will be changing slightly. I doubt they're doing a 45 minute show on Killie v St Mirren.

Scottish Cup Quarter-Final Fixtures

Saturday 24 April

Hibernian v. Motherwell, kick-off 5pm (Live on Premier Sports)

Sunday, 25 April

Aberdeen v. Dundee United, kick-off 2.30pm (Live on BBC Scotland)
Rangers v. St Johnstone, kick-off 6.30pm (Live on Premier Sports)

Monday 26 April

Kilmarnock v. St. Mirren, kick-off 7.45pm (Live on BBC Scotland)

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

7:45pm kick-off it is, so presumably the schedule will be changing slightly. I doubt they're doing a 45 minute show on Killie v St Mirren.

The current BBC Scotland schedule has The Nine at 9pm. That’ll almost certainly move to 7pm (as The Seven) with Sportscene 7.30pm-10pm. 

27 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Scottish Cup Quarter-Final Fixtures

Saturday 24 April

Hibernian v. Motherwell, kick-off 5pm (Live on Premier Sports)

Sunday, 25 April

Aberdeen v. Dundee United, kick-off 2.30pm (Live on BBC Scotland)
Rangers v. St Johnstone, kick-off 6.30pm (Live on Premier Sports)

Monday 26 April

Kilmarnock v. St. Mirren, kick-off 7.45pm (Live on BBC Scotland)

Hibs v Motherwell over Aberdeen v Dundee Utd is an odd choice for Premier. 

Mind you, it wouldn’t surprise me if the contract is such that rather than simply giving them the first two picks, it gives them first refusal on every Celtic and “Rangers” game. If there’s then only one such game, they get it and third pick; if there’s none, they get first and third pick of their choice. 

That would tally with the previous round because I can imagine given the choice the BBC would take Stranraer v Hibs (as their first and overall second pick) ahead of Aberdeen v Livingston. 

Edited by The Master

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I assume they'd be thinking that they already have Aberdeen fans' subscription money for this month and they might as well grab some from the next biggest support left in the competition.

That does make some sense. They only got the Aberdeen fans to sign up a couple of days ago so they would still be valid to watch any quarter finals. Hibs were on BBC so fans of them will most likely not have a subscription so the overall potential would be greater than the Aberdeen game.

I assume they'd be thinking that they already have Aberdeen fans' subscription money for this month and they might as well grab some from the next biggest support left in the competition.
Fs that's a good point actually.