Scottish Cup 4th (and 5th) Round Draw

20 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think that you’re being kind to say that Premier Sports are less concerned about Aberdeen v Livingston, what you should have said is that they don’t give a shit about it. They are contractually obliged to show two matches in this round, and wouldn’t have touched our match with a barge pole if Celtic and Rangers weren’t playing each other.

You are correct and it is a no-brainer commercial decision - but I am not completely anti-Premier.  They have been the broadcaster who have been good enough to pick up many of our Europa qualifiers for a few seasons now.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With 4 ties shown on TV this upcoming round, can we assume all 4 ties of the next round will be shown somewhere? 

No. Usually it would end up with 2 old firm ties on the premium channel (Sky Sports, BT Sports, Premier Sports) and a single Non old firm game for the BBC.

I will assume that with the old firm playing each other this week, Premier might only take up the Winners quarter final fixture. BBC would still only take 1 Quarterfinal and then 1 semi final at most.

In any case, there will be 1 fixture atleast that won't be Televised.

Edited by Phillips455

45 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

No. Usually it would end up with 2 old firm ties on the premium channel (Sky Sports, BT Sports, Premier Sports) and a single Non old firm game for the BBC.

I will assume that with the old firm playing each other this week, Premier might only take up the Winners quarter final fixture. BBC would still only take 1 Quarterfinal and then 1 semi final at most.

No, all four quarter finals will be televised - 2 on Premier and 2 on the BBC. 

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Probably Killie v St Mirren/ICT will be the one that broadcasters will think wont set the pulses racing 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

No, all four quarter finals will be televised - 2 on Premier and 2 on the BBC. 

I thought that as well. BBC Scotland tend to show the Fri night game then BBC for another one

18 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With 4 ties shown on TV this upcoming round, can we assume all 4 ties of the next round will be shown somewhere? 

I'd imagine so.  2 on the BBC and 2 on Premier.  Then I'm guessing 1 each for the SFs and both will show the final.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

I was pretty sure the BBC only got 1 fixture. Must be getting it confused with something else then.

There was a long time when Sky had one fixture per round, and the BBC had only one fixture per season plus the final. It basically meant that if both Celtic and Rangers were drawn away early doors, the BBC would use up their single fixture and we'd be left with better games later on not being shown.

In the last Sky-BBC deal, it increased to 2 per round on Sky and 1 per round on the BBC. This latest deal is 2 per round on Premier and 2 per round on the BBC (only 1 semi-final on the BBC, shared with Premier). 

Has their ever been such a short turn around in time between games as Montrose will face this weekend. Playing tomorrow night and then Saturday morning. Crazy 

no excuses then for the next round not to have a Fri night game. I know the Prem teams are playing on the Wed night but they’ve set a precedent by allowing the Montrose game to be Sat AM  

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Has their ever been such a short turn around in time between games as Montrose will face this weekend. Playing tomorrow night and then Saturday morning. Crazy 

no excuses then for the next round not to have a Fri night game. I know the Prem teams are playing on the Wed night but they’ve set a precedent by allowing the Montrose game to be Sat AM  

If I re-call correctly back in the days of yore of junior fitba it wasn't unheard of for teams to play two games in a single day or on back to back days in a mad rush to finish the season before the end of season deadline.

The SPFL clubs explicitly have an agreement not to have matches scheduled less than two whole days apart. The League 1 and League 2 teams voted to waive this for the rest of this season to get to the 22 game tally.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

If I re-call correctly back in the days of yore of junior fitba it wasn't unheard of for teams to play two games in a single day or on back to back days in a mad rush to finish the season before the end of season deadline.

Falkirk played St Mirren in the Scottish Cup on a Tuesday night in 1986 and got a draw. We were then made to play again the following night!

St Mirren played the next round the following weekend.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL clubs explicitly have an agreement not to have matches scheduled less than two whole days apart. The League 1 and League 2 teams voted to waive this for the rest of this season to get to the 22 game tally.

Didnt know that. So I'm guessing theyll be no Friday night game next round then 

39 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Falkirk played St Mirren in the Scottish Cup on a Tuesday night in 1986 and got a draw. We were then made to play again the following night!

St Mirren played the next round the following weekend.

We had to do that against Dundee in the 84-85 Scottish cup third round. 

The original tie was postponed 

Tuesday 5th February 1-1 at Muirton attendance  5995

Replay 6th February 2-1 at Dens , attendance 5444.

We were part time and heading to the second division at the time.

29 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

We had to do that against Dundee in the 84-85 Scottish cup third round. 

The original tie was postponed 

Tuesday 5th February 1-1 at Muirton attendance  5995

Replay 6th February 2-1 at Dens , attendance 5444.

We were part time and heading to the second division at the time.

Aye we were part-time in mid First Division. SM were FT in the Premier Division.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Didnt know that. So I'm guessing theyll be no Friday night game next round then 

Would guess that there will be either two on Saturday and two on Sunday, or one on Saturday, two on Sunday and one on Monday night.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Would guess that there will be either two on Saturday and two on Sunday, or one on Saturday, two on Sunday and one on Monday night.

Yeah probably the Monday night actually, although saying that I'm sure theres Prem games that Wed as well. Do you reckon your game v St Mirren/ICT would remain on the Saturday? 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah probably the Monday night actually, although saying that I'm sure theres Prem games that Wed as well. Do you reckon your game v St Mirren/ICT would remain on the Saturday? 

There aren't Premiership games in that midweek. I wouldn't really like to predict when any game will be - it will depend when the individual broadcasters want each of them. I'd guess that if we get through then our game against Inverness or St Mirren would be the least interesting for the broadcasters though, which I reckon would mean a Sunday evening or Monday night slot.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

There aren't Premiership games in that midweek. I wouldn't really like to predict when any game will be - it will depend when the individual broadcasters want each of them. I'd guess that if we get through then our game against Inverness or St Mirren would be the least interesting for the broadcasters though, which I reckon would mean a Sunday evening or Monday night slot.

Ah my bad, I thought there was Prem games that Wed. I'm hoping your game would be Sunday or Monday so it doesnt clash with our massive game v QOS. My Killie supporting mate is meeting me that day and I dont want us having to flip a coin on what game we watch 🤣