Scottish Cup 4th (and 5th) Round Draw

Assuming they do pick up Stranraer v Hibs and Forfar v Dundee Utd, it would be a bit shit of the BBC to make Stranraer play Tuesday-Friday when Forfar are idle that midweek.
Obviously there's nothing inherently wrong with Tuesday-Friday, but given the current gruelling schedule the lower leagues are facing I don't think it's unreasonable to avoid unnecessarily close scheduling. 

Forfar aren't idle that midweek - they're playing on the Tuesday. Stranraer were having to play Tuesday-Thursday-weekend-Tuesday, which is the main reason their game couldn't be Friday night.

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Forfar aren't idle that midweek - they're playing on the Tuesday.

Teach me to believe the SPFL's own fixture list. They've managed to indicate that Airdrie v Forfar is postponed on the 17th, but not actually show the new date.

https://spfl.co.uk/clubs/forfar-athletic/fixtures

Edit: and of course, now it does... :rolleyes:

Edited by The Master

TV fixtures out. I have tomorrow's Lottery numbers as well if anyone wants them.

That must be the latest kick-off time for a weekend (The) Rangers v Celtic fixture in a very long time. Even cup finals would have been 3pm at the latest. 

Friday 16 April

Forfar Athletic v Dundee United; kick-off 7.45pm (live on BBC Scotland)

Saturday 17 April

Stranraer v Hibernian; kick-off 12.15pm (live on BBC Scotland)

Rangers v Celtic; kick-off 4.00pm (live on Premier Sports)

Sunday 18 April

Aberdeen v Livingston; kick-off 2pm (live on Premier Sports)

Edited by The Master

Teach me to believe the SPFL's own fixture list. They've managed to indicate that Airdrie v Forfar is postponed on the 17th, but not actually show the new date.
https://spfl.co.uk/clubs/forfar-athletic/fixtures

The games had to be moved and those were pretty much the only available dates.

Get that draw to f**k into the sea.
Fifty-one years since we last won at Fir Park.
Since then we've recorded wins at places like Ibrox (twice), Parkhead (twice), Pittodrie (three times), Easter Road (four), a half dozen at Tynecastle and eight in Paisley.
Last five trips to Motherwell we've conceded 19 goals with no reply.
8 wins in 51 years in Paisley but none in 21 years this very week.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

I assume Premier Sports had the option of two games this round but only went with one because they can't be arsed showing a tie without one half of the arse cheeks unless they absolutely have to?

Em, they took both the old firm game and your game (aberdeen vs livingston) as their picks.

The BBC only have 2 pick this round as well.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Em, they took both the old firm game and your game (aberdeen vs livingston) as their picks.

The BBC only have 2 pick this round as well.

My apologies, I was convinced when I looked on the Scottish FA official site earlier they had our game listed as on the BBC.

Seems that the Final will also be in an empty Stadium. But its not for the reasons that you may think. 

The stadium is being given to UEFA on the 14th May in preparation for the Euro 2020's. This means that the inside will be prepared for the Euros which would have to be changed for any Scottish cup Final. UEFA have agreed for the Scottish cup final to take place in Hampden. So if any team does make the final and wants to visit, they would have to get the final moved to an alternative stadium. Very Unlikely.

Soure: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56675812

Edited by Phillips455

Looks like every game next weekend might be getting rearranged, due to some funeral being hosted 500 miles away of a man with no connection to the sport.