Scottish Cup 4th (and 5th) Round Draw

Draw tomorrow for top teams like us who make up the best 16 sides in the country.

Has the Scottish Cup ever drawn 2 rounds at once before?

Teams in the draw:

Caley

Aberdeen

Clyde

Stranraer

St Johnstone

Dundee Utd

Morton

Forfar

Motherwell

Montrose

St Mirren

Livingston

Killie

Celtic/Falkirk

Rangers/Cove

QOS/Hibs

A few smaller teams left so torn between wanting a winnable tie or a money spinner.

Nightmare would be something like Morton or Caley away. Wouldn't make money and unlikely to get a result.

Who does everybody want?

Edited by LoonsYouthTeam

3 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

A few smaller teams left so torn between wanting a winnable tie or a money spinner.

Nightmare would be something like Morton or Caley away. Wouldn't make money and unlikely to get a result.

Who does everybody want?

You'd get a full 120 minutes shitfest from us guaranteed, so it would depend on whether you hold out for penalties and then get the break. 

A home tie against Stranraer and then the winners of Forfar v Clyde or similar would be ideal for us. The league campaign is turgid enough as it is without getting knocked out of the cup to focus on it, I would much rather a run at the quarter final. We've also got about 23 ringers in the squad so fitness should not be any excuse.

The hot ball/cold ball system will secure more plum ties for the bigots though. We'll get Inverness away.

Tbf there's not much of a money spinner this season. Against the OF you'll get no PPV money as it'll be on TV. Anyone else and straight away you're missing out on the usual "attendance" numbers as you'll have families/friends sharing streams, and folk just finding a link somewhere. 

Tbf there's not much of a money spinner this season. Against the OF you'll get no PPV money as it'll be on TV. Anyone else and straight away you're missing out on the usual "attendance" numbers as you'll have families/friends sharing streams, and folk just finding a link somewhere. 
For a club our size think TV or potential ppv numbers could really help the finances, but yeah, not as much as other years

2 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Draw tomorrow for top teams like us who make up the best 16 sides in the country.

Teams in the draw:

Caley

Aberdeen

Clyde

Stranraer

St Johnstone

Dundee Utd

Morton

Forfar

Motherwell

Montrose

St Mirren

Livingston

Killie

Celtic/Falkirk

Rangers/Cove

QOS/Hibs

Who does everybody want?

Would us at Tannadice suit you?

I’d have that.

I’d have that.
Would be great a season when we could attend but would be happy enough. As much as we've played Utd in friendlies I don't think we've played a competitive game since 1987 when we game you more problems than Barcelona. Although my memory is terrible so I might be missing a game. Not counting Forfarshire Cup as a competitive fixture

38 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
45 minutes ago, MacArab said:
I’d have that.

Would be great a season when we could attend but would be happy enough. As much as we've played Utd in friendlies I don't think we've played a competitive game since 1987 when we game you more problems than Barcelona. Although my memory is terrible so I might be missing a game. Not counting Forfarshire Cup as a competitive fixture

I remember that, last minute United equaliser to take it to a replay....

I was 9 at the time and still remember crying my eyes out in the final that year..... then same again a few days later.   

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Once we sweep aside Hibs I'm hoping for Forfar or Stranraer at home. Though if we're drawn away to someone like St Johnstone then Hibs are welcome to it.

If we are drawn to someone like St.Johnstone or Morton can we both forfeit? 

13 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Aye, the last 2 rounds